It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I accidentally deleted a sizable portion of my GOG library a few months ago. Because I do not have unlimited bandwidth I could not re-download everything all at once. I re-downloaded the last games this morning.

Now the United Nation can order the lizard people to ask the Illuminati to shut down the internet and I won't mind much because I have all my GOG games locally.
What made me happy today was the realization and reaffirmation that where I'm at now is much better than when I lived on the west coast of the US.

People there assumed the worst. My mother lives with me, and people there would assume I was mentally challenged and treated me like such.

Where I'm at now, people are generally good natured and much more down to earth. People accept it when I tell them my mom lives with me, and no one gives me funny looks like I'm a person with severe developmental disabilities.

It's true I don't get out much, but it's the dead of winter here, and I love the fact that when I come home I don't have to worry about neighbors obsessing over my every move. This literally happened out west. I mind my own business, and everyone here seems to mind their own as well.

It's just amazing to me, sometimes I slide and forget how good I have it. I don't live in the Ritz, but the place isn't a dump, either. I'm also happy because today was my last day of work at my old job, and every manager I talked to said if the new one doesn't work out to come back.

It's true what they say. You always think the grass is greener till you experience it.

~Leu
I just had to find it charming how genuinely RTS partook the joyful emotions of the neighboring France - quite overjoyed at winning a historic bronze medal at 4*10 ski relay (men) at the Olympics.

This to me is much more the Olympic spirit than all the product placements!
a gift from the user foxworks
My Grand-daughters came to visit today and when my wife asked me to hold the littlest her older sister came up to us and said "Gramma Niyah Back, Gramma Niyah Back" and then she came and sat with me. I think someones is a bit jealous of her Grandpa. ;-)

A close second would be a Humble Bundle Gift I receive out of the Blue - Gifter to remain anonymous but you know who you are. Sorry but nothing can compete with Grand-daughters. ;-)
Post edited February 17, 2014 by Lou
The dogs are starting to figure out what this whole "cat-thing" is all about. The boxer-pit bull has been no problem, but the other dog was a complete spaz about it all weekend. She finally settled down today so I'm hoping this will all be worked out in the next couple days.
Very simple one today: it's my "Friday"! So tomorrow night I get to spend the whole evening drinking beer and gaming.

edit: I bought Might and Magic X last night!
Post edited February 21, 2014 by DieRuhe
This topic is a wonderful idea, even though I admit to not looking for days sometimes for fear of getting jealous. But today I've got something to be happy about. Even though I awoke at 4:30 in the morning as I felt very restless and I got a mulling head again, I'm going to deliver a column on a congress today this morning about care and welfare. I'm putting forth the client's perspective before the professionals go do their talking - and afterwards, I'm free for 10 days and my spring holiday begins..!
It's friday!
I'm gonna have my PnP RPG round tonight (I'm DM)!
Someone wrote me a nice message through the gog forum!
My wife and my kids, while I love them very much, will spend a few days with my mother-in-law. Spare time!
My project at work sees a lot of progress and this morning I cracked some tough nut!

Happy weekend everybody!
The power came back on. :D
Its Friday.
No damage from storms last night.
Car Worked.
Job still hasn't fired me.
Heat has worked all winter.
I get to run tonight after healing from my first 10k on Wednesday.
Its Friday.
I only have to work 1 of the next 9 days.
Thief 4 launches in 4 days.
Its Friday.
Got to chat with a REAL past friend on Facebook and rebuilding that relationship is awesome.
Have food and clothes (but the later is really what makes everyone around me happy).

and... there was one other thing... oh... ITS FRIDAY!
tinyE: The power came back on. :D
You got hit with that mess, eh? It skirted west of us so the predicted 4-8 inches turned into about half-an-inch and some stubborn ice. On one hand, I'm glad we didn't get it bad; on the other, I cancelled a Thursday-Friday service visit 200 miles away in Milwaukee because I didn't want to get stuck driving into the mess that didn't happen.
A pretty damn cool new conservation tool launched today. Since that's the field I work in, and I wrote one such tool myself for fire monitoring, it makes me happy.
tinyE: The power came back on. :D
HereForTheBeer: You got hit with that mess, eh? It skirted west of us so the predicted 4-8 inches turned into about half-an-inch and some stubborn ice. On one hand, I'm glad we didn't get it bad; on the other, I cancelled a Thursday-Friday service visit 200 miles away in Milwaukee because I didn't want to get stuck driving into the mess that didn't happen.
No it's not the snow. We get hit with snow every day (at about 260 for the year right now) the problem is wind. The Keweenaw is great ore country which means 99% rock and very little top soil which means very little for trees to take root in. Thus all it really takes is a good breeze to knock a 100 foot tree down and when that happens its bound to hit power lines. I'll give them credit, the workers up here are FAST!!!!! It took them about three hours to restore power which in a blizzard in pitch blackness fifty miles from the nearest town is pretty impressive.
tinyE: No it's not the snow. We get hit with snow every day (at about 260 for the year right now) the problem is wind. The Keweenaw is great ore country which means 99% rock and very little top soil which means very little for trees to take root in. Thus all it really takes is a good breeze to knock a 100 foot tree down and when that happens its bound to hit power lines. I'll give them credit, the workers up here are FAST!!!!! It took them about three hours to restore power which in a blizzard in pitch blackness fifty miles from the nearest town is pretty impressive.
I see. We're getting wind now but it's nowhere near the knock-stuff-over range. A bit chilly, tho.

Stay warm!