It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just went through my electronic workbench cupboard, removing everything that does not belong there (like PC hardware), at the same time I discovered stuff (electronic parts, tools, etc...) I forgot I had.

This is the kind of task/chore I was afraid (literally, with nausea and cramps) to start not so long ago, I'd see it as a lot more work than it is.

Little by little I'm getting healthier.
My brother has a Craigslist window-shopping illness, living vicariously through the stuff other people are selling. Today he sent a link to a dream car of ours: 1985 Toyota Celica Supra, 5-speed, mint, 81,000 miles.

Naturally, I showed the wife, and I'm assuming that since she didn't say "no" then that must mean "yes".

Ha. Wish I had the garage space and the money. But I'm glad to see that people still take care of these lower-end classics.
HereForTheBeer: My brother has a Craigslist window-shopping illness, living vicariously through the stuff other people are selling. Today he sent a link to a dream car of ours: 1985 Toyota Celica Supra, 5-speed, mint, 81,000 miles.

Naturally, I showed the wife, and I'm assuming that since she didn't say "no" then that must mean "yes".

Ha. Wish I had the garage space and the money. But I'm glad to see that people still take care of these lower-end classics.
An '85 Supra with 81k? Shit, I put damn near that on my car in the last month. Where do these people put their cars? In the non-driving lane? Make way for the Google computer car. It's here to replace the 95 year old's 85 Supra that she bought brand new on the show room floor and drove exactly 4 times before moth balling it at the Smithsonian.
I managed to do the dishes and buy groceries, even though I was very upset and depressed by the terrorist attacks yesterday in France, Kuwait and Tunisia and even though I didn't sleep till 6 in the morning!
Ikarugamesh: Just got my grades and it's official: I have my degree.
Congratulations!

In what field of study?
Post edited June 27, 2015 by DubConqueror
We've had the tent setup for the past couple days in the yard as a bit of a getaway fort for fun and last night we sat out in it in the dark while a good rain storm was happening. We sat and listened to the rain for almost an hour. Quite lovely.
Same sex marriage got legalized nationwide in the US.

A good step forward. If The Man has to be involved in it then he should be treating everyone equally.
HereForTheBeer: My brother has a Craigslist window-shopping illness, living vicariously through the stuff other people are selling. Today he sent a link to a dream car of ours: 1985 Toyota Celica Supra, 5-speed, mint, 81,000 miles.

Emob78: An '85 Supra with 81k? Shit, I put damn near that on my car in the last month. Where do these people put their cars? In the non-driving lane? Make way for the Google computer car. It's here to replace the 95 year old's 85 Supra that she bought brand new on the show room floor and drove exactly 4 times before moth balling it at the Smithsonian.
Yeah, a lot of miles on my work car this past month, too - I'm just under 150k on a 2009 Outback. For what it's worth, that's balanced by the '88 RX7 convertible in our garage that has yet to crest the 50,000 mile mark, and the 2009 Kawasaki with a bit over 5,000 miles on it.

Which is probably something that should depress me as it means we don't have time to enjoy the simple pleasures these things are intended to provide. But even seeing them in the garage gives me pleasure, at least for what they represent.

And the Google self-driving car - without a stick shift, of course - can suck my left nut.
I am a Grand Winner at the "Treasure Hack - 2015 Treasure Hunt"!!!

0:D

REDVWIN
Ikarugamesh: Just got my grades and it's official: I have my degree.
DubConqueror: Congratulations!

In what field of study?
Thank you!

Software development, specifically cross-platform software.

I am in love with the Sprinter Trueno, AE86 or Hachiroku.
Post edited June 28, 2015 by Ikarugamesh
DubConqueror: Congratulations!

In what field of study?
Ikarugamesh: Thank you!

Software development, specifically cross-platform software.
Would it make you able to do something about the Robco Industries terminals that sometimes explode in my face? Or does that lie firmly in hardware problems?
Seriously. Kerbal.

It manages to perpetually offer such a weirdly intense sense of wonderment, I don't know how this works, psychologically.
Nothing, I'm a unhappy person
Silverio13: Nothing, I'm a unhappy person
We have thread for that too.
Telika: Seriously. Kerbal.

It manages to perpetually offer such a weirdly intense sense of wonderment, I don't know how this works, psychologically.
That's because deep down you're a racist imperialist who gets off on ordering innocent colored beings to their doom. Kerbal is code for racial oppression. Ku Klux Kerbal.
Telika: Seriously. Kerbal.

Emob78: That's because deep down you're a racist imperialist who gets off on ordering innocent colored beings to their doom. Kerbal is code for racial oppression. Ku Klux Kerbal.
Not at all.

I... just like planting my flag everywhere.