It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After spending most of May washing my dirty dishes in the bathroom, my landlord finally popped by my place today to fix my kitchen sink!

Let's just say I am "cautiously" happy. I smell a botched job. :/
Today, what made me happy was the Nike Air Max I received as a gift from my mother. It filled my heart with joy and gratitude. The stylish design, comfort, and sentimental value of the shoes brought a smile to my face, making this day truly special. I'm a huge fan of Nike shoes.
Attachments:
nike.jpg (44 Kb)
Well, its not just happy, its disappointed in myself, hilarity, and happy all at once. I spent 2 hours and tore my entire apartment yesterday afternoon looking for my 3 in 1 oil to oil my pc fans as they were getting loud. Never did find it, and used clipper oil instead.

36 hours later, i reached over to get an aspirin, on my plastic drawer thing right next to my pc which I keep my drinks on. Which the drawers I must have checked 5 times yesterday. And the oil was sitting literally within arms reach of me the whole time. And its literally the only place is my entire apartment I did not check...
Magic_Of_Light: Well, its not just happy, its disappointed in myself, hilarity, and happy all at once. I spent 2 hours and tore my entire apartment yesterday afternoon looking for my 3 in 1 oil to oil my pc fans as they were getting loud. Never did find it, and used clipper oil instead.

36 hours later, i reached over to get an aspirin, on my plastic drawer thing right next to my pc which I keep my drinks on. Which the drawers I must have checked 5 times yesterday. And the oil was sitting literally within arms reach of me the whole time. And its literally the only place is my entire apartment I did not check...
Reminds me of a problem that people who wear glasses (like myself) sometimes experience. One might be wondering "where are my glasses?", only to find them on their own head.

Can also happen with other things, like thinking you lost your phone, only to find it in the pocket (typically on pants or a purse) you usually keep it in.
dtgreene: Reminds me of a problem that people who wear glasses (like myself) sometimes experience. One might be wondering "where are my glasses?", only to find them on their own head.
This has happened to me a couple of times! LOL! Happy to know I'm not the only one. I feel less crazy now... xD
Discovered a new game shop. Some of the prices are obscene, but only because so is the rarity.
Don't Panic! Today was Towel Day.... and for me, it's my cats observed birthday!
Latvian ice hockey success!

dtgreene: Reminds me of a problem that people who wear glasses (like myself) sometimes experience. One might be wondering "where are my glasses?", only to find them on their own head.
matterbandit: This has happened to me a couple of times! LOL! Happy to know I'm not the only one. I feel less crazy now... xD
In Poland we've got "Okulary" ("Glasses") by Julian Tuwim, Poem known by everyone :) The translation is not perfect, as always, but:
Mister Hilary runs and screams:
“Where on Earth could my glasses be?”

He checks in his pants and in his frock,
In his shoes, and in his socks.

Closet? Upturned, in a sorry shape,
He pats his robe, already patted his cape.

“A scandal!” he yells, “it’s beyond belief!
To have my glasses—stolen by a thief!”

Under the couch, on top of the seat,
Everywhere he pries: wheezing, beat.

He looks in the oven, and up the chimney,
In mouse holes and between piano keys.

He’ll rip up the floor, piece by piece,
Already he wants to call the police.

Then suddenly he peeks into the mirror…
He can’t believe it… He draws nearer.

Eureka! Though who would ever suppose,
His glasses are on his very own nose.
Today is my birthday
csanjuro: Today is my birthday
Happy birthday! :D
dtgreene: Can also happen with other things, like thinking you lost your phone, only to find it in the pocket (typically on pants or a purse) you usually keep it in.
And this happened to me once... LOL Maybe I'm crazy too...
My grown up son will visit me and we'll spend the long weekend together.
ConsulCaesar: Happy birthday! :D
thanks
Hello!

The recent release of more wholesome games here, such as "Bread & Fred", "Planet of Lana", "Tin Hearts", and the cute "Everdream Valley" or "Hello Goodboy" makes me happy.

Sometimes, we need simple feel-good games to distract ourselves from our daily routine, stress and anxiety!

Kind regards,
foxgog
ciemnogrodzianin: In Poland we've got "Okulary" ("Glasses") by Julian Tuwim, Poem known by everyone :) The translation is not perfect, as always, but...
Reading your poem made me happy today! I love it! xD Really funny!
Inside my head, I pretended to be reading from a children's book by Dr. Seuss. :P

csanjuro: Today is my birthday
Happy bday to you!
Post edited May 27, 2023 by matterbandit