It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LordCephy: I finished playing VVVVVV today!
Now, time to try some player levels!

Or, of course, you could try making your own.
LordCephy: I finished playing VVVVVV today!
dtgreene: Now, time to try some player levels!

Or, of course, you could try making your own.
Unfortunately, I have about 500 games in my backlog so I'll be moving on to play something else for a bit.
I've been playing Port Royale 3 in the last few months. I've been getting frustrated that the game's achievement tracker is broken. Many achievements just won't unlock, though not all. I'm playing this game not just for the achievements, but also for enjoyment. This game has achievements that take so much time to get, including grinding ones and they didn't show your current progress.

I've just unlocked some of the achievements finally. Using "offline trick". That is, to start the game online, normally, then disconnect the internet just before any animation or logo showing during intro. I've done this before, but this is not 100% works all the time.

It's like getting robbed when the achievements you work hard for just won't unlock.
Got vaccinated today.
No mosquitos!! :) Sleeping in a tent in total darkness. So many stars in the sky. The sound of waves nearby. :)
Got over the side-effects of my J&J vaccination. For almost a day it felt like I had the flu, which was weirdly nostalgic as I hadn't felt like that since primary school. I remember actually enjoying being that ill back then, because it meant I could stay home from school for a few days :P
Got my second shot of the vaccine!
Matewis: Got over the side-effects of my J&J vaccination. For almost a day it felt like I had the flu, which was weirdly nostalgic as I hadn't felt like that since primary school. I remember actually enjoying being that ill back then, because it meant I could stay home from school for a few days :P
Better flu than severe COVID, correct?
dtgreene: Better flu than severe COVID, correct?
Well that goes without saying I'd hope.
low rated
Matewis: Got over the side-effects of my J&J vaccination. For almost a day it felt like I had the flu, which was weirdly nostalgic as I hadn't felt like that since primary school. I remember actually enjoying being that ill back then, because it meant I could stay home from school for a few days :P
dtgreene: Better flu than severe COVID, correct?
nah, it is untested vaccine better to not take it

btw how does getting vaccine shot makes people happy? :O
sounds like brainwashing in effect
low rated
Orkhepaj: btw how does getting vaccine shot makes people happy? :O
Some (generally speaking, I mean....not anyone in particular) think they're saving the world/humanity by getting it & feel good about doing so, or are glad they can finally do more things(a number of countries afaik block some activities/things or make life more difficult if you don't get it), etc.

Me? I'm happy that I haven't been vaccinated. I am young enough and healthy enough that my risk of getting very sick is very low, and i'd rather do my best to distance and sanitize than risk some of the(albeit rare) side effects like clotting/etc, or even the nasty feelings some seem to get from the jabs.

Addition: I am also glad that all my fellow goggers who got the jab seemed to suffer little ill effects from it, and can now have a bit more freedom/peace of mind as a result
Post edited August 07, 2021 by GamezRanker
This news made me happy, even if I already own some of the games and don't care about the others, and will probably make some other people happy as well:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/bgrab_your_copies_of_syndicate_plus_syndicate_wars_and_ultima_underworld_i_iib_cc97e
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post13901

Woohoo my old trusty ASUS gaming laptop works again! The new power brick arrived yesterday all the way from China, and yes that was the culprit. I am writing this message on it now.

I almost made a big mistake at first. I first connected the new power brick, the laptop would not power on, so I was "Oh well it wasn't the power adapter then, I guess I need to salvage the HDDs and RAM from the laptop and throw it to recycling...".

Luckily I later checked the cables a bit more closely. The cord going from the power outlet to the adapter was a bit loose on the power brick side. Pushed it a bit more, and it worked!

Great! That was the best 38€ I've used the whole week!
Post edited August 08, 2021 by timppu
Got the chance to play some openttd again for the first time in weeks. I've got some big plans - electrified rails for raw material transport, monorail for transporting manufactured goods to towns, and eventually maglev for passenger transport. I think that's going to look much cooler than having maglev for everything. Cows don't need to travel at 600kp...
Matewis: Cows don't need to travel at 600kp...
Not unless you want the meat to arrive at it's destination already cooked...