It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Woohoo it is raining outside!

It hasn't rained here (where I live) for several weeks now, and it has been constant +30 degrees day temperatures (sometimes a bit lower, sometimes a bit higher) here for several weeks. That's quite a long "heat wave" for such a northern place, and for that reason I am finally going to buy an installed aircon system to my home for next summer (which with my luck will be cold and rainy, unlike this summer).

Sure it has been nice for going to beach daily with kids since the summer is so short but sweet here, but enough is enough... Now it is colder too, about +21 C outside, which is fine for a change.

At the same time in central Europe (south of here) it has apparently rained for several weeks, causing floods and shit, and temperatures have been 10 degrees lower than here... Sometimes it goes this way, I guess.

(Yes yes I know +30 degrees is not considered hot in Sahara or Phuket, but then -5 degrees is not considered cold here! If you are going to give survival stories of +50 C degrees temperatures, I am going to give survival stories about -40 C degrees. Let's see who is tougher! Every Saturday evening I go to sauna, where there is +80 or +90 C degrees! Try going there and then jumping into a frozen lake! And survive!)
Post edited July 20, 2021 by timppu
Finished reading "10 Indians" by Agatha Christie. Great book, highly recommend!
timppu: I am going to give survival stories about -40 C degrees.
That would be a good time to put on some fleece leggings (or similarly warm clothes).

(Also, you don't need the C, as -40 F is actually the same temperature.)

RodriguesGiraldo: Finished reading "10 Indians" by Agatha Christie. Great book, highly recommend!
Just don't look up the original title of that work, as it contains an offensive word that would likely result in this post being modded if I were to post it (or the forum wouldn't even allow it to be posted in the first place).

The US version's title is actually referenced in Touhou 6, where there's a spell card titled "And Then There Will Be None".
Post edited July 22, 2021 by dtgreene
I just got a reply from Gog support. Which means that Gog actually has people hired and it's not entirely bot-based like at Steam. That makes me happy.

The answer was informative but BS. Anyway. I'm not going to let that ruin my happy mood. At least I got an answer.
After two weeks of waiting but hey, that's called suspension. Isn't it?
Cousin invited me to a pool party and BBQ this Saturday at her new place. She can not wait to show me her Raspberry Pi 4 setup she did all on her own.

She's not a tech head but loves arcade games like the rest of the troops in our circle, this is her first "build" so I'm excited to see what she created.

Before my last move, I pass her a bunch of fight stick parts that I had so I'm thinking she went with an upright combo on wheels but let's see.
Arcadius-8606: Cousin invited me to a pool party and BBQ this Saturday at her new place. She can not wait to show me her Raspberry Pi 4 setup she did all on her own.

She's not a tech head but loves arcade games like the rest of the troops in our circle, this is her first "build" so I'm excited to see what she created.

Before my last move, I pass her a bunch of fight stick parts that I had so I'm thinking she went with an upright combo on wheels but let's see.
Raspberry Pi 4's are quite nice (even if they pale in comparison to a conventional desktop or laptop, at least in terms of raw power); I'm actually using one right now.

One tip: If you're going to be doing disk intensive work like web browsing, you might want to get a USB SSD (or a SATA SSD and a SATA<->USB adaptor), as using the SD card can cause stalls. It's not as important if you're just gaming, particularly if the games are small enough to fit in RAM.

(Why is web browsing so disk intensive, anyway?)
Finally I'm fullly vaccinated.
ConsulCaesar: Finally I'm fullly vaccinated.
Oh, that's great. I'm happy for you. :)
I will soon be fully vaccinated as well. My second dose is just a few days away. :)
low rated
(to clarify: I am happy the game will carry on, of course, and not that the old game thread ended)
Just ordered a Domino's Firebreather with cheesy crust, 5 buffalo chicken wings with dipping sauce and a garlic bread.
This will be washed down with two ice-cold cans of Coke, followed by some rum and raisin ice cream
Bought habit tracker https://onplanners.com/templates/habit-tracker
All this will make me happy, extremely happy.
Post edited August 02, 2021 by paula_g
Vacation! Nine consecutive days off from work. :) Bliss...
low rated
matterbandit: Vacation! Nine consecutive days off from work. :) Bliss...
Post edited July 31, 2021 by GamezRanker
Injecting life with 80's music can only make things better! LOL! ;) Thanks for that!
Post edited July 31, 2021 by matterbandit
low rated
matterbandit: Thanks for that!
*GR smiles and nods*
Post edited July 31, 2021 by GamezRanker
I finished playing VVVVVV today!