It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What made me happy today is the coffee I had after a horrible day at work. When you brew a perfect pot by luck, man, nothing else matters.

When I say perfect, I mean absolute perfect. Get the beans right and grind them for the right timing, wow
Post edited May 26, 2021 by coffeedrone
coffeedrone: What made me happy today is the coffee I had after a horrible day at work. When you brew a perfect pot by luck, man, nothing else matters.

When I say perfect, I mean absolute perfect. Get the beans right and grind them for the right timing, wow
There's nothing like the perfect pot, when the mixture is just optimal. I also fill a thermos before going to work, and a perfect brew really helps the motivation on long shifts.

I experiment a lot and buy different brands and roasts, but I've never actually gotten into grinding beans myself. I consider myself pretty serious about coffee, so I should definitely get into that at some point.
Random_Coffee: I also fill a thermos before going to work, and a perfect brew really helps the motivation on long shifts.
Is your thermos in perfect condition?
Random_Coffee: I also fill a thermos before going to work, and a perfect brew really helps the motivation on long shifts.
Cambrey: Is your thermos in perfect condition?
Not sure if I understand the question, but yes, it's a Stanley. These things are literally bulletproof.
coffeedrone: What made me happy today is the coffee I had after a horrible day at work. When you brew a perfect pot by luck, man, nothing else matters.

Random_Coffee: There's nothing like the perfect pot, when the mixture is just optimal. I also fill a thermos before going to work, and a perfect brew really helps the motivation on long shifts.

I experiment a lot and buy different brands and roasts, but I've never actually gotten into grinding beans myself. I consider myself pretty serious about coffee, so I should definitely get into that at some point.
For sure! You definitely should. When I first started grinding beans a year back it was like a veil lifting. I have a very basic grinder that recommends 10 thru 20 seconds and it's a blast trying out the different coarseness of the same coffee.
Coffee for the win! :)
high rated
scientiae:
timppu: 1. It is pretty heavy (to keep in one hand), compared to having a can of compressed air.

2. It is quite loud (but to me that is ok, I can use earplugs if needed).

3. The airflow is quite strong, which is good. It is definitely suitable for blowing off dust from computers or whatever.

4. Apparently the compressor can heat up quite fast, making the blown air also hot. The instructions say one should use it in small bursts to keep it relatively cool.

5. It doesn't come with a similar thin and long nozzle as air cans do, so it may be harder to reach some tighter areas with it. Frankly I think they should have included some kind of longer, flexible nozzle with it which could reach tighter spots, while you keep the compressor unit itself e.g. on a table next to the computer.

I guess it is possible to build such a nozzle yourself, just connect some kind of longer plastic tube it to the existing nozzle with airduct tape. That should work.

Overall I think it is good, I don't see myself buying any more compressed air cans.
I agree canned air seems inadequate. But I am not convinced that blowing the dust is a better suggestion than vacuuming it away. (Don't get me started on leaf-blowing lunacy.)

There is at least one vacuum brand out there that includes an attachment for cleaning up dust from within a receptacle that hold lots of items that would otherwise be small enough to disappear into the vacuum itself. I am thinking of one in particular, which had a bunch of small-diameter hoses that snaps into the standard nozzle. (It looks like a plait of Medusa, except the "snakes" are hollow.) The diameter of the hoselets is sufficiently tiny so as to not pick up anything like a paperclip or pen lid, etc., but still provides sufficient force to pick up dust.)

Postscriptum: Also watched Frozen again, too, last night. :)
Ice hockey.
high rated
BBQ day is here but due to weather storms we are just having a small BBQ in the front porch but we have LAN games going since 11 am today which is great. The house is already packed with the noise of 3 generations :) We are playing AssaultCube, UT99, Skullgirls and KOF 2002. I'm still cooking but got a break from one of my sons to check in with everyone and see to my accounts.

Enjoy your day everyone!
scientiae: I agree canned air seems inadequate. But I am not convinced that blowing the dust is a better suggestion than vacuuming it away. (Don't get me started on leaf-blowing lunacy.)
I also own a $107 AUD / $100 CAD Datavac blower. Besides the still present burnt oil smell (don't use it too often), it's still a life-changer for removing a bulk of dust.

The idea is to bring it outside and blow it out. It's acceptable to vent it out to the environment even if compositions vary (dead skin, cotton / paper / wool / synthetic fibres, debris, other particles) since they'll breakdown quite quickly with exception to synthetic fibres.
low rated
An idiot in the guise of three other dummies.

Whose hand controls that extra puppet?
high rated
My procrastination has had quite the paralyzing grip on me this past month. :( Been late with setting up my bedroom balcony "garden" this year... But today I finally snapped out of it! Purchased a bag of soil and my first handful of herbs: lovage, garlic chives, bush basil and Mexican coriander. :)
My dear Mittens.

EDIT: You can pet them, play with them, and splash them with water, they'll try to float if you do.... I can't. I am broken.
Attachments:
Post edited May 31, 2021 by kohlrak
high rated
The gentle voice of my daughter singing "thank you Lord for your countless graces" (:

And now looking at my kids playing a board game using totally changed rules. Sounds like an interesting game mode, quite far from the original one :D
It's almost Friday, and if the weather cooperates(no thunderstorms) I'll be able to play more Diablo and maybe Warcraft 3 this weekend.
Ice Hockey World Championship.