It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: Being able to sleep more than 8hours..
matterbandit: ^ This is what made me happy today. I think I slept a good 13 hours straight! Been functioning on 4 hours of sleep for the past week (not good!) and today my body simply surrendered to sweet slumber. :)
Nice mate. I'm happy for you. It's terrible to have bad nights.

What made me happy today was to know that my uncles are being well treated in the hospital they're hospitalized.
They were diagnosed with sars-cov-2 ("covid 19") and their lungs were 50% commited, but thanks to God and the team behind their treatment, they're doing fine.

Knowing this made me happy today.
I sent my tax declaration.
Nice mypal browser can also make nicovideos work since the new update on nico or something.
Spot of morning cycling, even though the local vetkoek stand wasn't open :\
50.1% my finished games
49.9% my backlog

Feeling
My best mate tends to shut off from the world when feeling bad (as do I) and I texted him to say that he can phone me any time if he needs to talk. To my surprise, he called. BOOM! All this pent up cocktail of emotions exploded out of him! Life had been rough for him these last couple of months and he needed to get things off his chest. After an awkward silence, we both ended up laughing to the point of tears at the fact that he went all apeshit and that I had no constructive advice to give him. Made me happy that we hung up on a laughing note. :)
I think I have found a setup to play Stranger of Sword City Revisited that satisfies me, with lag at a reasonable amount and (thanks to jackd of all things) audtio that works properly.

Edit: In other news, I just got my first shot the other day, and am therefore on the way of being vaccinated against that one nasty disease that's been going around. Granted, my left arm did hurt to move for a while (I blame the immune system's response to the injection), but it's mostly better at this point, and it's better than getting sick with a potentially deadly disease.
Post edited March 24, 2021 by dtgreene
"It was the drink that killed him..."
"Oh... he was an alchoholic?"
"No dear... he was run over by a Guinness truck!"
Got my first ever tablet, which I need for work. (Samsung S6 Lite)

Seeing as I have to use it I don't see any harm in trying out a few games on it. Sadly it seems that really good tablet games aren't that common. Most it seem are shallow pay-walled games where you need to buy currency and/or watch ads to e.g. revive a character. Thankfully some of these do at least have the option to buy the game outright, and so removing the ads at least.

A very pleasant surprise among all the rubbish is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the google play store. That I'm definitely going to try out.
matterbandit: My best mate tends to shut off from the world when feeling bad (as do I) and I texted him to say that he can phone me any time if he needs to talk. To my surprise, he called. BOOM! All this pent up cocktail of emotions exploded out of him! Life had been rough for him these last couple of months and he needed to get things off his chest. After an awkward silence, we both ended up laughing to the point of tears at the fact that he went all apeshit and that I had no constructive advice to give him. Made me happy that we hung up on a laughing note. :)
That is awesome! This made me happy today then, haha :)
Matewis: A very pleasant surprise among all the rubbish is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the google play store. That I'm definitely going to try out.
I took it for a few cents, and now I have my tablet back too, I'll have to install it. And some drawing apps. In case you don't know you can use a wireless controller with your tablet. On Humble you'll find a good selection of Android DRM free games downloadable as apk files. Door Kickers for example. I wonder why we don't have any of that on GOG.
The Google Play Store is full of rubbish but you can get the Cube Escape collection for free.
I finally put myself to begin learning some Russian pronunciation and words. I found it intimidating and I didn't want to detract from my German but I think I can put some hours into basic Russian now. I'm enjoying this channel to begin to learn how to read
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2FgZ3pz2aI
lol the words in the end are mixed up if you care to watch it
Post edited March 24, 2021 by Dogmaus
Matewis: A very pleasant surprise among all the rubbish is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the google play store. That I'm definitely going to try out.
Dogmaus: I took it for a few cents, and now I have my tablet back too, I'll have to install it. And some drawing apps. In case you don't know you can use a wireless controller with your tablet. On Humble you'll find a good selection of Android DRM free games downloadable as apk files. Door Kickers for example. I wonder why we don't have any of that on GOG.
The Google Play Store is full of rubbish but you can get the Cube Escape collection for free.
Thank you yes I will definitely try to connect a controller and check out humble - Symphony of the Night is definitely playable using the touch controls, but it's quite cumbersome.
Watching Friday, on a Friday.
Any day I'm with my dogos and cat are my happiest day. I'm with them as I type this :D