It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

1 week without smoking - I had been hooked for a few months thinking I would only smoke a few. I think this attempt at quitting is successful.
I'm not playing much because I'm in a reading binge.
Post edited March 09, 2021 by Dogmaus
Dogmaus: 1 week without smoking - I had been hooked for a few months thinking I would only smoke a few. I think this attempt at quitting is successful.
That's great, and wish you all the best at sticking with it. You'll feel so much better health-wise and in yourself going forwards. It has to be one of the best things a smoker can do. I gave up 2 years and 2 months ago, and have never looked back...
Dogmaus: 1 week without smoking - I had been hooked for a few months thinking I would only smoke a few. I think this attempt at quitting is successful.
I agree. Stick with it.
Trooper1270: That's great, and wish you all the best at sticking with it. You'll feel so much better health-wise and in yourself going forwards. It has to be one of the best things a smoker can do. I gave up 2 years and 2 months ago, and have never looked back...
Thank you! I quit years ago and for many years but having smoker friends, last summer I had the great idea of "smoking just one or a couple". Of course they became a box, and then two...and then more. And quitting wasn't so easy as I remembered. I also want to go back to jogging/running, which I had stopped doing as a smoker.
Anyway, I had my Super Hexagon fix and I'll be back to Neil Gaiman :)
2021AD: I agree. Stick with it.
Thanks! Will do. I don't really have cravings anymore at this point. I fear I might be tempted by social smoking at first - but I'll get over it. I can't see my friends because of the rigid lockdown my region is back to anyway.
PS I'm not a Batman fan but your avatar is cool!
Post edited March 09, 2021 by Dogmaus
Dogmaus: PS I'm not a Batman fan but your avatar is cool!
Thanks!

About this thread question: walking on the street.
The "man" whose kryptonite is a vegan sausage roll is gone. No more contract. :D
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Sachys: The "man" whose kryptonite is a vegan sausage roll is gone. No more contract. :D
I'm not sure about the contract part but a kryptonitic vegan sausage is funny.
I thought they were not considering me anymore for a given job, but today I got a call asking me if I'm still available. Seriously, I have sent them an email every week since the online formation to tell them them I'm available. Anyway, tomorrow they might call me back if they need me. Finger crossed.
it looks good doesn't it? But what about a new incarnation of the classic TMNT, or an adventure game based on it, for a mature audience? I'm thinking something like Liberated maybe. Or an action adventure with very dark graphics. Still, I'm in for some good old TMNT "for children" (of yesterday).
Fun fact: once I found a little TMNT book in English in a used book store. My excitement was double as the author was Dave Morris - also celebrated gamebook writer - so I go to buy it happy as a child. The bookstore owner looks at me like there's something wrong with me. Is it for your child? No it's for me I love it.
And he's like...oh...you must be special...an adult so happy for an old children book...just keep it, you don't have to pay for it ahah - I was an usual customer rummaging there for old gamebooks but whatever.
Dogmaus: it looks good doesn't it? But what about a new incarnation of the classic TMNT, or an adventure game based on it, for a mature audience? I'm thinking something like Liberated maybe. Or an action adventure with very dark graphics. Still, I'm in for some good old TMNT "for children" (of yesterday).
Fun fact: once I found a little TMNT book in English in a used book store. My excitement was double as the author was Dave Morris - also celebrated gamebook writer - so I go to buy it happy as a child. The bookstore owner looks at me like there's something wrong with me. Is it for your child? No it's for me I love it.
And he's like...oh...you must be special...an adult so happy for an old children book...just keep it, you don't have to pay for it ahah - I was an usual customer rummaging there for old gamebooks but whatever.
I only ever knew child friendly versions of tmnt, from the Archie comics to the nes and snes games. But sure, a mature and violent TMNT game could be aces.

Our librarian in my hometown (when I was still a kid though) used to be dumbfounded because I kept taking out the same Asterix&Tintin books over and over (in something resembling a rotation ofc). I still read both series from time to time :) But I definitely have to try and find those Archie comics somewhere
low rated
Today, GOG is still as irrelevant as always.
I am happily using steam.
Matewis: I only ever knew child friendly versions of tmnt, from the Archie comics to the nes and snes games. But sure, a mature and violent TMNT game could be aces.

Our librarian in my hometown (when I was still a kid though) used to be dumbfounded because I kept taking out the same Asterix&Tintin books over and over (in something resembling a rotation ofc). I still read both series from time to time :) But I definitely have to try and find those Archie comics somewhere
Lol I got many rare (in Italy) gamebooks for free because the local library was throwing them away and I went away with a bag full of those. Because "children don't read those anymore". Well, I'm a child inside who will! She was like, are you really into this? You're a grown-up lol. Sadly a friend to whom I had left all my books has thrown everything away - included my Japanese and German gamebooks sigh sigh but I hope to find ditital editions from now on. For some reason though there doesn't seem to be a market, it's a niche almost-English only thing.
TencentInvestor: Today, GOG is still as irrelevant as always.
I am happily using steam.
I am playing the Night on the Rabbit on Steam I got in 2015 and quit and forgot because of some initial bug - now I learned a work-around to solve that. If I like it I'll want the GOG edition too though :)
Post edited March 10, 2021 by Dogmaus
PSG moving on to the quarter-finals.
Dogmaus: it looks good doesn't it? But what about a new incarnation of the classic TMNT, or an adventure game based on it, for a mature audience? I'm thinking something like Liberated maybe. Or an action adventure with very dark graphics. Still, I'm in for some good old TMNT "for children" (of yesterday).
Or what if they made a TMNT Metroidvania?

(One does exist, for the Game Boy; I believe it's called TMNT 3, but I don't remember the subtitle. And yes, it is a Metroidvania, from before the term existed (and I believe pre Castlevania: Symphony of the Night).
dtgreene: Or what if they made a TMNT Metroidvania?

(One does exist, for the Game Boy; I believe it's called TMNT 3, but I don't remember the subtitle. And yes, it is a Metroidvania, from before the term existed (and I believe pre Castlevania: Symphony of the Night).
ohhh I'll look for it. I had a Gameboy TMNT game but it was your average Gameboy licenced game, but in the sewers.