It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"China" returned 9 posts
Clear search criteria
My finally got my Razer Goliathus Control edition mousemad (large one)...from China. For the price i paid i had -some- doubt id get anything at all to begin with, but it seems i actually got the real thing \o/
linktofhyrule: ... As part of that program I can look forward to spending a year interning and studying over in Deutschland.
Its the home of great engineers and scientists no? Composers and Bakers?
It depends on how my year there goes.
Don't forget the brewers ;-)

Problem is, while Germany certainly (still) has an edge in producing great engineers and scientists, the best people are leaving the country, many for the US, but also Switzerland, Scandinavia, even China. Why? If you're not lucky to get into one of the few companies left that actually care for their employees, wages and work conditions are crap compared for what you can get elsewhere. So if you're young and free, it's probably good to come to Germany for education, but to make a decent living, better look elsewhere.
And if you think starting your own business because you have a brilliant idea - forget about Germany altogether. Investors and companies here are incredibly risk-averse. Starting the next Apple or Google is just not possible in this country.
Post edited July 26, 2014 by toxicTom
linktofhyrule: ... As part of that program I can look forward to spending a year interning and studying over in Deutschland.
Its the home of great engineers and scientists no? Composers and Bakers?
It depends on how my year there goes.
toxicTom: Don't forget the brewers ;-)

Problem is, while Germany certainly (still) has an edge in producing great engineers and scientists, the best people are leaving the country, many for the US, but also Switzerland, Scandinavia, even China. Why? If you're not lucky to get into one of the few companies left that actually care for their employees, wages and work conditions are crap compared for what you can get elsewhere. So if you're young and free, it's probably good to come to Germany for education, but to make a decent living, better look elsewhere.
And if you think starting your own business because you have a brilliant idea - forget about Germany altogether. Investors and companies here are incredibly risk-averse. Starting the next Apple or Google is just not possible in this country.
Its good to see such a perspective.
I probably won't remain there.
I agree the US is the only place where you can innovate and succeed. I still have a few years though, so i'll see how I feel about my time there.
AlKim: 1. No work for two nights. Really need the rest.
2. Working Sundays for the next few weeks. Sundays are awesome: easiest day of the week plus extra money.
3. Party yesterday, talked to many people whom I haven't seen in ages.
4. Got shit to do on Monday, Friday and Saturday next week. Hardly long-term plans as such, but I haven't been able to focus on the future beyond two days or so recently, so this is pretty invigorating.
Hey man, I can empathize with your situation. Do you work retail? Those jobs suck the life out of you. Everyday you clock in you feel your spirit weaken.
I'm glad for you.
Post edited July 26, 2014 by linktofhyrule
dtgreene: Hearing that Taiwan's supreme court ruled in favor of same sex marriage,
Let us hope mainland China does not decide to clear out the decadents and drop a bomb.
nuking china in hoi4
I ordered a NDS charging cable for dirt cheap, now I have to wait one month. Will my account be blocked if I say that they are shipping it from CHINA?
I used some store credit I had specifically left in an online store to finally order the hard disk I wanted, that went cheaper today. I can free up some space in my laptop, put my pictures to safety and maybe store some GOG installer again (I had to delete everything non personal for lack of space).
Also, I have almost finished watching BoJack Horseman in German and had fun with Ricochet - a game based on Arkanoid I got for free on Big Fish! Quite fun!
Post edited January 28, 2021 by Dogmaus
Dogmaus: I ordered a NDS charging cable for dirt cheap, now I have to wait one month. Will my account be blocked if I say that they are shipping it from CHINA?
So, have any games you're looking into playing on it?

The SaGa 2 and SaGa 3 remakes are two of my favorites, even if those two games (especially 2) play like game boy games (but with significant upgrades). (Japan only, however.)

There's also Retro Game Challenge and its Japan-only sequel, Game Center CX 2, which consist of a bunch of retro-style games and challenges to complete in them. (Note that Game Center CX 2 has one game that's basically a text adventure; for that game to be fun without the translation patch, you're going to need some decent Japanese.)

Speaking of China, I do have a few things from there, including a Chinese flute somewhere (that seems to be mainly for decoration, particularly since I don't know how to play the flute), as well as a couple things from Seeed Studio (like a Wio Terminal).
low rated
I learned that Xi Jinping struggled in his youth. In the cultural revolution, his father was imprisoned, his sister committed suicide and he was sent to a poor village for 7 years. He struggled and eventually became a moderate political realist who leads China to a peaceful and prosperous future. No political system will ever be perfect but judging by the results, the CCP under Xi has been a blessing for its people and the whole world. I look at China today and see a country that is getting so much better every year while my own country declines. But just like China is not seeking revenge for the century of humiliation it has suffered by European powers, I do not envy China. I am simply happy for all of humanity that an Asian age of rational leadership has dawned. China wants to be whole and harmonious. It does not seek pointless wars in foreign lands, like the USA but will defend its territory. It will not make the same mistakes again. It's all cultural revitalization now, not cultural revolution.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_bitch_about_life_in_general_thread/post13901

Woohoo my old trusty ASUS gaming laptop works again! The new power brick arrived yesterday all the way from China, and yes that was the culprit. I am writing this message on it now.

I almost made a big mistake at first. I first connected the new power brick, the laptop would not power on, so I was "Oh well it wasn't the power adapter then, I guess I need to salvage the HDDs and RAM from the laptop and throw it to recycling...".

Luckily I later checked the cables a bit more closely. The cord going from the power outlet to the adapter was a bit loose on the power brick side. Pushed it a bit more, and it worked!

Great! That was the best 38€ I've used the whole week!
Post edited August 08, 2021 by timppu