It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stopped in a popular independent used game store nearby and saw a worker that I always thank.

Why?

Because years back they'd put up a Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen poster. I brought up how much I loved that game... and he walked over to the wall, took the poster down, and gave it to me -- no questions, no payment, no nothing.

That poster -- now framed -- sits in my studio.

So, everytime I go back and he's there, I thank him. Today he said that it's cool that someone came back and told him they're enjoying the gifts (he's given out more than a few posters over the years). He said he's never had anyone else come back to thank him. Anyway...

He made my day with his kindness and I seem to make his day with my thanks.
Downloading Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition right now. First time ever playing the game, so I'm really looking forward to it after all the praise I've heard about it.
Ash Barty is one win away from becoming World number 1.Go get 'em,Ash.
DadJoke007: Screw greasy and salty foods
Speaking of greasy and salty, I had some reindeer today. It'd been baking in the oven overnight for about 12 hours. So soft and yummy.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by clarry
DadJoke007: Screw greasy and salty foods
clarry: Speaking of greasy and salty, I had some reindeer today. It'd been baking in the oven overnight. So soft and yummy.
There is obviously a lot of that up where I live, along with venison, moose, muskrat.

It's way too gamey for me. Must be me because everyone else I know loves it, and that includes people that don't live up here.
Post edited June 22, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: It's way too gamey for me. Must be me because everyone else I know loves it, and that includes people that don't live up here.
Idk, I've never been a huge fan of gamey meat. In particular, I don't really care much for elk/moose. Normally I don't care for reindeer that much either..

I guess the way you prepare it is a big factor though. This one felt and almost tasted like pulled pork, for some reason. Also around christmas I had deer at a viking restaurant and somehow they'd made it really really good, if a bit dry.

Usually I don't even eat meat much, it's just not something I crave for.
tinyE: It's way too gamey for me. Must be me because everyone else I know loves it, and that includes people that don't live up here.
clarry: Idk, I've never been a huge fan of gamey meat. In particular, I don't really care much for elk/moose. Normally I don't care for reindeer that much either..

I guess the way you prepare it is a big factor though. This one felt and almost tasted like pulled pork, for some reason. Also around christmas I had deer at a viking restaurant and somehow they'd made it really really good, if a bit dry.

Usually I don't even eat meat much, it's just not something I crave for.
How close to you live to the coast? Is fish a big part of your diet?
Being a Yooper is a salmon lover's dream, though most people up here prefer white fish, which to me is bland as hell. It's not bad, it's just kind of boring. Lake trout is also good but the bones are a joke. Even a good scaler has trouble cleaning those little fuckers.
tinyE: How close to you live to the coast? Is fish a big part of your diet?
Not close to coast, but there's lakes literally everywhere.
https://koordinates.com/layer/4259-finland-11000000-lakes/

Being a Yooper is a salmon lover's dream, though most people up here prefer white fish, which to me is bland as hell. It's not bad, it's just kind of boring. Lake trout is also good but the bones are a joke. Even a good scaler has trouble cleaning those little fuckers.
Yeah, I love salmon, though mine mainly comes from the supermarket :P

Zander is good. Perch and most other small fish you find in the lakes here are great if you bake them in an oven bowl long enough to make the bones soft enough to eat. Season with tomato sauce, onion, garlic, chili, whatever, anything, everything. It won't be so bland.

clarry: Yeah, I love salmon, though mine mainly comes from the supermarket :P
Well mine too! :P
The difference is, it comes from the supermarket who get it from the local fishermen.
Today I took the test of the first level of the HSK (chinese proficiency test) :).
Just got $75 from the government's budget sweetener in my bank account.

This is on top of my pension.

Feeling sick, simply take out your Medicare card and see the doctor for free.

Need medication, simply take your prescription to a chemist and pay $6.25.

Need to go somewhere, simply use your gold Opal card for travel anywhere in NSW for $2.50 all day.

Trouble paying your council, water, electricity and phone bills, fret not, the government has you covered with supplement payments.

Bless you Australia for my wonderful subsidised quality lifestyle.

This makes me happy, extremely happy.
Kleetus: Just got $75 from the government's budget sweetener in my bank account.

This is on top of my pension.

Feeling sick, simply take out your Medicare card and see the doctor for free.

Need medication, simply take your prescription to a chemist and pay $6.25.

Need to go somewhere, simply use your gold Opal card for travel anywhere in NSW for $2.50 all day.

Trouble paying your council, water, electricity and phone bills, fret not, the government has you covered with supplement payments.

Bless you Australia for my wonderful subsidised quality lifestyle.

This makes me happy, extremely happy.
This makes me happy.My little buddy is back.
Tauto: .
Did you get any money from the government?
Tauto: .
Kleetus: Did you get any money from the government?
Of course,doesn't everyone.
I can also get interest-free loans from the government.