It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not today, but last week before Thanksgiving, my boss whom I have a love/hate relationship with announced that he was leaving the company to pursue a better job opportunity.

I was offered a promotion to fill in some of his duties. Less strenuous work schedule, more pay and the ability to fix something that's been broken in my department for the last decade. Also the benefit of not having to do tons of field work since my duties will keep me tied to a desk most of the time..
The first stills of Zac Efron as Ted Bundy.

I am NEVER going to make fun of High School Musical again.

The guy is a dead ringer and I can't wait to see this movie.
In Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC):

In one level up, my hero gained 316 MP.
23rd November's WILTY (S12E6)
Woke up knowing that it's only a week left until I get to see my girlfriend again.
Long-distance is tough, but for the right person it's definitely worth it!
I got a bribe from a family insulter and it wants,forgiveness which is unforgivable and unforgettable. yuk yuk yuk.
Does this look like a bribe?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/idea_for_gog_personal_birthdays_offers_for_standing_users/post25
Post edited December 01, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: Does this look like a bride?
I think he meant a bribe.
tinyE: Does this look like a bride?
Telika: I think he meant a bribe.
Hmmm, my typo makes it sound so much more interesting, but I still corrected it. :P

Oy, I'm too tired to deal with this crap anyway.

Dead Space or Shadow Warrior 2?
Telika: I think he meant a bribe.
tinyE: Hmmm, my typo makes it sound so much more interesting, but I still corrected it. :P

Oy, I'm too tired to deal with this crap anyway.

Dead Space or Shadow Warrior 2?
You know my answer.

Steamworld Heist.
dtgreene: In Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC):

What ? Do you have any idea why ? A glitch ? =)
dtgreene: In Dragon Warrior 3 (GBC):

Deadmarye: What ? Do you have any idea why ? A glitch ? =)
It's not a glitch, but rather a quirk of the way level up works, and the result of a couple hours of work.

The thing is, in this game, when you level up, the game calculates your new MP based off your INT score; the game takes your INT, multiplies it by 2, applies a small random factor (I believe up to 2.5% in either direction), and if the new result is higher than your old maximum MP, that becomes your new max MP total. HP is handled similarly, but is based off your VIT. (There's one other rule: A character in a non-spellcasting class (Warrior of Fighter) will never gain MP at level up, even if the character has spells due to having class changed from a different class.)

As for the couple hours of work: I took a party of 4 thieves (after beating the game, you can remove the hero from your party), went to the Tower of Garuna, and killed Great Beaks. This enemy can drop the INTseed, which is a consumable item that permanently raises a character's INT by 1-3 points, and having thieves in the party grants extra chances (at higher probability) of getting the drop. Hence, I was able to, after a while, get enough INTseeds to raise my Hero's INT from 103 (IIRC) to 255 (the maximum).

Then, all I had to do was feed my hero the INTseeds to max her INT, and then level her up once. She had 201 MP before the level up, and the game rolled 517, so she gained 316 MP from that one level up.

Note that this strategy does *not* work in the NES version; MP (and HP) gains are calculated differently. The only way to gain MP in those versions is to gain INT at level up, at which point you gain MP equal to 2x the INT gain, plus or minus two. In fact, not only do INT seeds not give you MP, but they can actually hurt your MP growth, by putting the stat closer to the soft cap (which scales with level and prevents stats from growing too high too soon, especially after class change) and to the hard cap of 255. It does work in other remakes of the game (SFC and mobile); the one strategic difference is that you need to kill the Great Beak last in the GBC version, but not in the other remakes.

It's also interesting to note that HP gain in classic Wizardry games (and in a few related games, including Elminage Gothic and apparently Wizards and Warriors (PC)) uses a similar mechanic; HP is rolled based of class, level, and Vitality, and that becomes your new max HP if it's higher than the old value, otherwise you only gain 1 hit point.
Deadmarye: What ? Do you have any idea why ? A glitch ? =)
dtgreene: It's not a glitch, but rather a quirk of the way level up works, and the result of a couple hours of work.
Ah, I suspected it was more akin to numbers manipulation, a rather common occurence in RPG =)
I'm not familiar with early DraQue iterations (well, unless we count the 3DS remakes) but It's always interesting to me to see people manage that kind of feat. Oh, and to learn that mechanisms works in a different way in some versions.

EDIT : And I just about love to farm Stats Seeds. My 330hours DraQue XI save have about 150 hours just to max stats.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by Deadmarye
I actually slept decent for the first time in weeks so that was cool
Another day still capable of walking, talking and the usual physical movement we take for granted every day. Other than that, life is a shit sandwich.
Post edited December 01, 2018 by Braggadar