It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just beat the 63 Corvi DLC for SpaceChem all by myself. Man I feel so smart right now :D
tinyE: Most of my life I've been telling people I'm 5'8". It even says that on my drivers license.

I just found out I'm 5'10". :P
So, let me tell you, E: you're not tiny any more.

Also: you lost some colour. Time to see a doctor?
What made me happy today is I've got a Ryzen 5 laptop I use as my personal computer when I'm staying at my parents for a weekend and I gifted my old core i3 laptop to my dad (who made do with a Pentium laptop thus far). Also success in helping him recover his files from his crashed desktop yesterday. Today I'll be installing Windows anew for him.
Post edited October 26, 2018 by DubConqueror
I plan to celebrate with kids' champagne and vanilla/hazelnut cake because a friend of mine just got his first job. :D
Helping my father get his desktop fixed. Windows kept hanging, even when trying a complete fresh install. It's probably the HDD that's at fault. When trying a clean install on the HDD that was completely free of partitions, the installer created 4 bigger and smaller partitions and left half of the space as unreserved, probably working it's way around bad sectors, then failed to boot once the installation had reached the reboot phase.

Now we've bought him an SSD, so if it was indeed the HDD's fault the installation wouldn't continue and it will succeed now, he'll have a much faster desktop to boot. Right now he's busy drilling an extra hole in the case for the bracket, he's better in menial tasks than I am (the holes in the case didn't match up with the holes of the 2,5" to 3,5" SSD bracket).
DubConqueror: he'll have a much faster desktop to boot.
I see what you did there! ; )

-----

Three months after corrective eye surgery - with lasers! pew pew! - finally got a prescription for glasses. I know: why do I need a prescription after having corrective surgery? Well, they were pretty far out of whack so even getting most of the way to 20-20 is a blessing. And it's still weird not having glasses after 48+ years with them, but my eyes need some help with work stuff. Anyway...

The wife and I have long been wanting to get prescription Serengeti sunglasses. The pairs we had in the past were simply fantastic, but after moving up nort' we were not able to find a place that will deal in prescription lenses for Serengeti. I checked again a couple months ago and one of the local-ish (40 miles) optometrists deals with them now. Yay for that. Heading over later this morning to check them out - hopefully they're as good as we remember from long ago. Probably stupid-expensive, but my regular 'script sunglasses are, too.

Edited for punctuation
Post edited October 27, 2018 by HereForTheBeer
I listened to one of my favorite songs on my way home after an annoying night shift :D
I got a ton of Linux info and am going to be trying a new operating system after I get home from work tonight. Nothing against MS, but I do not see cloud computing as the future, much less a subscription based future.
low rated
I...I..I..dont believe it,dt actually replied to one of my comments.And too think I always stood up for her and never degraded her,once a..a..an..and I am flabbergasted.
Tauto: I...I..I..dont believe it,dt actually replied to one of my comments.And too think I always stood up for her and never degraded her,once a..a..an..and I am flabbergasted.
What's so special about getting a specific person to reply to one of your comments?

(Also, it seems you hold some views that are bad enough that I can't see you as a friend, unfortunately.)
Nothing at all, I'm actually VERY unhappy today.
Post edited October 29, 2018 by fr33kSh0w2012
low rated
Tauto: I...I..I..dont believe it,dt actually replied to one of my comments.And too think I always stood up for her and never degraded her,once a..a..an..and I am flabbergasted.
dtgreene: What's so special about getting a specific person to reply to one of your comments?

(Also, it seems you hold some views that are bad enough that I can't see you as a friend, unfortunately.)
Pfffff ! What makes you think that I would want you as a friend,you overate yourself.And maybe next time you can read it as sarcasm.
Post edited October 29, 2018 by Tauto
dtgreene: What's so special about getting a specific person to reply to one of your comments?

Tauto: Pfffff ! What makes you think that I would want you as a friend,you overate yourself.And maybe next time you can read it as sarcasm.
Let's stay civil, people :)
I was happy to see a very adorable doggo on the bus, it's the little things.
I'm sorry I thought this was the "what made you happy today" thread. :P

My bad, I'll be leaving.
low rated
Tauto: Pfffff ! What makes you think that I would want you as a friend,you overate yourself.And maybe next time you can read it as sarcasm.
chandra: Let's stay civil, people :)
Lets be realistic for a second,if someone snides me then they will get it back.Now as you have sent a message to me then I can assume that you have labeled me the guilty party.There is always two sides to a story and judgement should be only considered after a fair assessment of the facts.
1.My statement was genuine post 7459,but in post 7460,I got snided so I snided back which is my right or do I turn the cheek and cop another slap?
2.You come in here and post a message to me which was pleasant but to the point and I would like to know what a doggo is.
3.I can be reasonable and I'm sure dt will say that I haven't insulted her,anytime.
4.If you want people to turn the other cheek then please make it clear in the future.
5.If 4 is to be the law then,what do we or all do?
6.Do we inundate you with PM's and expect a reasonable/sensible outcome and the question is are you going to act on PM's that are sent to you,fairly?
7.Now I think I am being reasonable and would expect some sort of answer to an honest statement.
8.Thankyou and I will also PM these questions to you as some will just spam this into deletion.
chandra: Let's stay civil, people :)
Tauto: 6.Do we inundate you with PM's and expect a reasonable/sensible outcome and the question is are you going to act on PM's that are sent to you,fairly?
You do that to me all the time. I've reported and blocked you at least three times. :P