It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ciemnogrodzianin: It looks that you've already +200$.
From the bundle? I doubt it. They sold 1000 copies so far, but there is no way of telling how many of those include my game, since a lot of people could have only bought the first three. So could be like $60. Probably more than that, realistically, but I imagine not by a lot.

Here's my breakdown on Steam so far (it's been exactly 2 weeks since I released):

836 sales
46 returns

so 790 in total which brings me to $753

-30% Valve's cut = $527
-24% Tax rate = $400
-$240 Artist = $160
-100 Valve = $60

So in the end, when all is said and done, I'll probably have enough for a decent dinner. :D
USERNAME:OldOldGamer#Q&_^Q&Q#GROUP:4 Driving my gorgeous Abarth Spider 124.
Well, I would say that the Abarth has so much more character over Miata.... both visually and under the bonnet.

Its an head turner.
Even people that drive way more expensive cars just stop to ask what car is it.

OldOldGamer: Driving my gorgeous Abarth Spider 124.
tinyE: SHE'S A BEAUTY!

Seriously, do they make a four wheel drive model? I get 23 feet of snow a year. Can I put a blower or a blade on it?
I still have to fully get your humour... but that's fine.
Post edited April 11, 2018 by OldOldGamer
OldOldGamer: Well, I would say that the Abarth has so much more character over Miata.... both visually and under the bonnet.

Its an head turner.

Seriously, do they make a four wheel drive model? I get 23 feet of snow a year. Can I put a blower or a blade on it?
OldOldGamer: I still have to fully get your humour... but that's fine.
Clarkson, Hammond, and May did a review of that Abarth Spider 124. It is literally a Miata (manufactured by Toyota) with Fiat badges and such. Their review of it was less than flattering.
OldOldGamer: Well, I would say that the Abarth has so much more character over Miata.... both visually and under the bonnet.

Its an head turner.

I still have to fully get your humour... but that's fine.
TARFU: Clarkson, Hammond, and May did a review of that Abarth Spider 124. It is literally a Miata (manufactured by Toyota) with Fiat badges and such. Their review of it was less than flattering.
Yes. It is the classic "against italian cars".
The fact that the car is assembled in Japan, is only part of the story.

I still think is awesome, way more that Z3, Z4, SLK or Miata.
Post edited April 11, 2018 by OldOldGamer
Oh, you're right, the number may refer to first tier only (however there is nothing interesting in 1st tier, so let's hope most of purchases are for the whole bundle;).

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing the details. It's really interesting. It looks that the market is extremely inflated and there are no changes for reasonable profit being in "long tail". To earn something, it is necessary to be AAA dev or find the niche. This case confirms that, I think.

By the way, I was planning a bit similar project 1-2y ago as a potentialy profitable way of gaining some coding skills. The idea was to hire someone for graphics - and take a niche approach. As I have kids and I think there is still lack of decent apps for them, I was planning to make simple apps for small children (and test them on my kids:). There was also option to make them a bit catholic-friendly or even bible-themed, which I considered a chance to get attention of catholic media and get some promotion for free ;)

Unfortunately, since I've become father of three, my spare time resources completely depleted and there is no chance for that in reasonable future. Feel free to use that ideas ;)

By the way - do you consider Goldmine as the first and the last try? or planning to develop something more in future?
TARFU: Clarkson, Hammond, and May did a review of that Abarth Spider 124. It is literally a Miata (manufactured by Toyota) with Fiat badges and such. Their review of it was less than flattering.
OldOldGamer: Yes. It is the classic "against italian cars".

I don't necessarily think they are "against Italian cars". James May is a big Ferrari fan and the other two have driven Italian cars that they praised quite a bit. I guess what it comes down to is personal preference. If you are happy with your car (insert computer/game/life/etc) then that is all that really matters, right?
OldOldGamer: Driving my gorgeous Abarth Spider 124.

The 4th generation Chevy Malibu seems to be a good candidate for the type of car you are talking about. Seen several of them. Like this wagon model:
Attachments:
malibu.jpg (17 Kb)
Post edited April 11, 2018 by TARFU
Still waiting to pull out our summer cars for some top-down / top-off fun. Was looking good back in mid-March, but then Mother Nature changed her mind. Maybe by late April...

We didn't get much snow this year so there wasn't a whole lot of opportunity to play around in those low-grip situations during winter. On the upside, there wasn't much plowing to do, either. Given that our driveway really went to shit between last winter and this one, I'm happy about that. Hope to get it completely redone late this year, but we'll see how that goes.

But hey, it WILL warm up and dry out at some point, so I guess we can find happiness in the promise of nicer weather.

TARFU: I don't necessarily think they are "against Italian cars". James May is a big Ferrari fan and the other two have driven Italian cars that they praised quite a bit. I guess what it comes down to is personal preference. If you are happy with your car (insert computer/game/life/etc) then that is all that really matters, right?

TARFU: The 4th generation Chevy Malibu seems to be a good candidate for the type of car you are talking about. Seen several of them. Like this wagon model:
Being a big fun of Ferrari, is easy :p

It's new, therefore rare, therefore a head turner for certain. Back when I was young and poor, I bought a KIA just when they first came to the states. People in very expensive cars stopped to ask me WTF it was that I was driving. =)

BTW, I got nothing at all against your car, dude. I know all about how fun roadsters are and it's awesome that you got one to enjoy. Doesn't matter who makes it and who sells it so long as you are happy driving it.
USERNAME:OldOldGamer#Q&_^Q&Q#GROUP:4#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:6595#Q&_^Q&Q#Yes. It is the classic "against italian cars".

I still think is awesome, way more that Z3, Z4, SLK or Miata.#Q&_^Q&Q#LINK:6595#Q&_^Q&Q#
Ah, but to be completely honest, I ve got a second roadster: a self-maintained MG F!
Superb little car. Fun to srive and to work on!
Post edited April 12, 2018 by OldOldGamer
low rated
pissing on this toilet of a forum
Went to a book sale at my local library,
A great gaming session ^_^
gogamess: A great gaming session ^_^
Did you level up?
The Cubs suck. :D

Of course, this might change, it's early, but I shall regale myself in the small things. :D

Long live baseball!!!