It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Electrician is here today, installing a whole mess of retrofit LED lighting fixtures in the shop. Nearly 40 fixtures in total, dropping each one from ~1.5 amps of consumption down to around 0.5 amp each. And the light is better. And comes on right away. And doesn't flicker. And they don't buzz for 5-10 minutes while they warm up.

Thursday, got someone coming over to perform energy assessments on both buildings, including the blower door test. I know the shop leaks like a sieve and I know some of the stuff we need to take care of, but it will be very helpful to get a full evaluation and a list of stuff to get done.

All of this is in preparation for ~hopefully~ installing solar water and power in the next 2-3 years. And some wind generation if we can do so on this property - gotta look into the regs to be sure.

So yeah, I'm happy about paying money to have people tell me how to pay MORE money in order to save a little money. ; )
HereForTheBeer: blower door test.
Why do you have a blower door and what wares do you sell in your shop?

HereForTheBeer: installing solar water and power in the next 2-3 years. And some wind generation if we can do so on this property
I would like to visit your sprawling rural estate and subsistence farm with you.
HereForTheBeer: blower door test.
Kleetus: Why do you have a blower door?
It's an apparatus temporarily installed in one of the outer door frames. Seals up that doorway and there's a calibrated fan unit on it. I think it measures the vacuum resistance as it tries to suck air out of your house, to determine how leaky the house is (kinda guessing on that part, but the harder the fan works then the less leaky is the building). Close up the leaks and you can then use less electricity / gas / whatever for heating and cooling.
HereForTheBeer: .
I had to harvest some ripe tomatoes just a little today before the coming rain.

It's still very early in the season so not much, but it was very pleasant. I was overjoyed in fact after some long and hard work, but I have everything in place so it'll be easier every year from now.
Attachments:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/502280/

THIS! THIS! THIS IS OUT!!!
low rated
What made you happy today?

Gamergate thread closed.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: http://store.steampowered.com/app/502280/

THIS! THIS! THIS IS OUT!!!
Meh :(

Actually, I was really interested in it when I got my PS4 but when I saw several gameplay videos, I got hugely dissapointed and the feedbacks I've read confirms that's it's just a reskin of Dynasty Warriors & co.

It's maybe a good game in itself but IMHO, it doesn't convey the feeling of the manga where death, despair and doom prevail. In the present case, you just go into button-mashing mode with useless mobs and cartoony characters. Here's a good video example of the two main phases: classic mobs and boss. Notice Gut's moveset in the boss fight which really feels like playing Ninja Gaiden:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn3TTruJsWo

The only games close in spirit and style to the early years of the manga are the Dark Souls as you're just a former human struggling to survive in a world of monstrosities where death is at every corner. Honestly, put your money in DS episode rather than this "over-the-top" adaptation (unless you like that of course)
Nirth makes me happy.

He's my friend and he's Swedish.
I managed to properly survive my first night in Cataclysm : Dark Days Ahead ! I'm well rested and I have enough food for breakfast. Important tip : only raid houses at night because, thankfully, zombies have poor eyesight at night.
Now I just have to figure out what to do for the rest of the day. I'm thinking I need to go and forage for some food in the forest and then spend the rest of the day reinforcing my base and refitting some of the clothes I found in a house last night.
I rented myself a new GF at a breaking deal! Felt almost like a rip-off! And she is fresh university student!!!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: I rented myself a new GF at a breaking deal!
How much?
low rated
Fables22 made me so happy I actually bought some games for the first time in almost seven months.
low rated
plagren: Fables22 made me so happy I actually bought some games for the first time in almost seven months.
what games?

BTW Telika did the exact same thing when he saw that thread this morning.

Evidently it was a sound financial decision by GOG.
low rated
tinyE: what games?
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star (+ Collector's Pack)
Indiana Jones® and the Last Crusade™
Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
Ys Origin
low rated
tinyE: what games?
plagren: Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star (+ Collector's Pack)
Indiana Jones® and the Last Crusade™
Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
Ys Origin
You definitely get an A+ for variety my friend. :D