It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

plagren: Snip
Sorry, that was TinyE bait, apologies, nothing to see; please move along... And thanks for the honest opinion! I love it when people speak the truth and express themselves in all due honesty, without masks and political correctness, censorship and oppression from third parties enforced! I love this forum mainly for this reason!!!

But did you really had to spoil my TinyE bait and spring the trap??? You foiled my troll-catcher invention! Awww... :'(
Post edited August 06, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Finally got a repeater, finally managed to set it up properly and FINALLY can sensibly watch Netflix and play online on my PS3 again. I didn't even feel like watching Netflix with my GF anymore because we'd usually spend more time watching the loading icon than the show.
F4LL0UT: Finally got a repeater, finally managed to set it up properly and FINALLY can sensibly watch Netflix and play online on my PS3 again. I didn't even feel like watching Netflix with my GF anymore because we'd usually spend more time watching the loading icon than the show.
I do not presently have any problem with Netflix but I do not have a PS3, I watch it on my computer and XBOX 360. What do you mean by a repeater? I never heard that term before except in relation to phone lines and radio transmission relay stations.

What made me happy today is coming to the realization that in some cultures, North and South are probably called up and down, and East and West are right and left. I have no knowledge of any such culture or language but it make sense for any civilization advanced enough to have map making and basic knowledge of astronomy. I'm probably wrong but coming to a conclusion from limited data make me happy because I can confront that conclusion to the real world and learn more from both being right or wrong

The only languages I know are French and English, the 4 cardinal points sound very similar in both, I wonder if the etymology of North, South, East, West are based on a third language they both have in common, from the Viking maybe?
justanoldgamer: The only languages I know are French and English, the 4 cardinal points sound very similar in both, I wonder if the etymology of North, South, East, West are based on a third language they both have in common, from the Viking maybe?
Apparently, the French forms [url=https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/est#.C3.89tymologie]came [url=https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/ouest#.C3.89tymologie]Old English, whence they spread to some other Continental languages. So I guess it wasn't just English absorbing French words back then -- there was some "backwash" as well. :)

(Etymologies of the words going back beyond Old English: </span> | <span class="bold">[url=https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/east#Etymology]east | </span> | <span class="bold">[url=https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/west#Etymology]west)

EDIT: fixed incorrect links
Post edited August 07, 2016 by HunchBluntley
The big amount of youtube clips I could/should not watch because Suicide Squad got released and I don't want the spoilers (also reason why I stopped watching trailers after that massive spoil-fest of Batman v Superman trailers). Finally the next DCEU movie is out, yeay :)

But then: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_made_you_sad_today/post119
Post edited August 07, 2016 by anothername
justanoldgamer: I do not presently have any problem with Netflix but I do not have a PS3, I watch it on my computer and XBOX 360. What do you mean by a repeater? I never heard that term before except in relation to phone lines and radio transmission relay stations.
I'm talking about a wireless repeater. Typically it's just a function in a router that allows you to easily extend the range of an existing wireless network.
Quite accidentally found out that there's a ZSNES emulator for Mac, and it turns out it is compatible with my ancient saves for Final Fantasy VI. 28 hours in and it continues after about 15 years. Hooray for backing up everything gaming related. Just a week or two ago I found my saves for the PC version of FFVII which I thought I'd lost forever, and the game works on Win 10 with no hassles. Both are in the leveling up phase before going into the final battles, so I guess after all these years I'll get to finish both without any excessive replaying.
One very nice quality of life improvement in Wizardry DIMGUIL:

If you have played classic Wizardry titles, you may remember that Bishops had the ability to identify items. However, in Wizardry 5 (and many Wizardry spin-offs), there is a chance that the Bishop might become Afraid, and hence unable to identify items until after the next combat (or you find a way to cure the fear).

In Wizardry DIMGUIL, however, you can access your inventory and identify items at the edge of town. The *really* nice thing is that doing so does not have any chance of making the Bishop Afraid, so you don't need to worry about curing the condition, saving a lot of time. (It also means you don't need to wait for the dungeon to load just to identify items or cast healing spells, and as is typical of PlayStation games, the game does have to take a moment to load when you enter/leave the dungeon.)

Another observation: There are early mini-boss fights, which have resulted in me using spells I don't commonly use. I even used Porfic (lowers caster's AC by 4) once; the enemies like to target low HP characters, and at the time, my lowest HP front line character was my Priest. (Of course, she gained 26 HP in one level up later, passing the rest of my front line.)
My doggie caught and ate a wabbit this morning.

He ate everything, but his favourites were the skull and eyeballs.

The eyeballs were so chewy, I could actually hear the chewiness.

Then he cracked open the skull and ate the brains.

I should have kept the ears though and dried them for a later treat.

Dried pig's ears sell for about $2, and they're much smaller.
Post edited August 08, 2016 by Kleetus
Kleetus: My doggie caught and ate a wabbit this morning.
My cat at a lizard, a nice juicy one too.

Kleetus: He ate everything, but his favourites were the skull and eyeballs.
Those are probably the main ingredients they put in cat food, they just call it "bone meal".

Kleetus: The eyeballs were so chewy, I could actually hear the chewiness.
I never thought I could ever hear gummy bears being chewed, but I knew a fellow who could make almost every inaudible food noise an orchestra.

Kleetus: Then he cracked open the skull and ate the brains.
That's some scary zombie stuff right there. Hopefully you had the sense to run as far as you could.

Kleetus: I should have kept the ears though and dried them for a later treat.

Dried pig's ears sell for about $2, and they're much smaller.
Wait, you didn't keep the feet for good luck?
JDelekto: Wait, you didn't keep the feet for good luck?
They don't sound like they were very lucky for the rabbit. :p
TioJason: Wait, is this the Forum??
No, sorry, wrong place. Fortunately it's not that hard to get there:

Drive back about half an hour, then turn right at Linuxville. Drive right through the Valley of Lost Searches. Be careful, it's a tricky place, and people have been known to go there never to be seen again. Once you're through that you continue straight until you see Mount Paranoia in the distance. Turn left at the crossroads. After a short while you'll see Steam rising in the distance, and a bunch of folk carrying pitchforks heading in that direction. Then you'll know that you've come to the GOG Forum.
ET3D: Drive back about half an hour, then turn right at Linuxville.
I think I know where that is, it's just up the road from NerdTown.
Got my ASMC parcel early this morning. It took me an hour and half to unbox everything and do some early quick testing. Overall, I really felt like a kid unboxing some Christmas presents :o)

Some thoughts (not reviewing everything):

- Short machete: only a 22cm blade but it's enough for some of my gardening work, I love the serrated side as it's more resistant than my folding saw. Total lengh of 36 cm so I can put in a backpack for trekking.

- the 9cm neck knife(4cm blade): it's quite surprising as it's pretty thick, solid, sharpened. Naturally the handling is a bit special (I put my thumb along the blade). It's highly concealable as I was able to hide it in my high-tops Converse and walk fine with it. Really easy to pull out quickly from its holster with the extra cord.

- The 15cm neck knife(5,5cm blade): what a difference a few centimeters make... Harder to conceal but the design and handling are exceptional. I also have a 13cm knife(6cm blade) from another manufacturer, the blade is less thick/solid but it has a good defaut holster which enables the use of a 2,5cm large velcro band so you can attach it to your lower leg and tus hide it under your pants without it being too obvious.

- The Mag Lite Solitaire lamptorch: looks like I finally found my holy grail of the torchlamps :o) 8cm long, diameter of 1 cm, only needs one AAA battery and you can adjust the "focus" ranging to wide light to a narrower one. Tested and love it, I'm glad I made a good assumption and ordered two.

- The MFH Molle sling bag/ bandoleer bag: It's bigger than what it looks like in the video below. It's perfect for long bicycle rides as you have enough room for putting water, food, maps, basic medic kit and such in it without being over-uncumbered while riding and being able to have it on your back or on you front as you wish. It offers a good amount of customization for adding stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fOfdk4voGk

- The US Assault Pack 2: 36 liters of madness :o) So much pockets, adjustments, possible attachements that it becomes a game in itself to customize and optimize it for your own needs.... Priced at only 30 euros, it's almost a steal compared to the general market of backpacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzc_TbY9tw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kniQrk9jw0