It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarnicus: Ok here we go. This links to our conversation in an obscure way.
xSinghx: Can you make this a little less obscure by choosing pics that are a bit more iconic in some way to the movie. That way even if someone hasn't seen the movie they may have a chance to recognize it.
Sure :)

And with a photo of reconisable actor in the film this should be simple now :)
Attachments:
bum.jpg (39 Kb)
muzza.jpg (30 Kb)
Post edited August 11, 2015 by Tarnicus
The third one looks like Scrooged, not sure if it's related to the other pics or not.
Post edited August 11, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: The third one looks like Scrooged, not sure if it's related to the other pics or not.
Not Scrooged although you've got the right actor :)

I see the forums are buggier than ever. This thread wasn't showing up in my forum replies link and I had to hunt it down and favourite it.
LoboBlanco: Haha, I once came back home with "7 Samurai" and I said "I brought a movie about samurais".......so there was some expectation......as soon as they saw it was black and white and old they ran away :P
Tarnicus: My Japanese teacher when I was 14 showed our class that movie (it was optional during lunch time) and only 3 out of the entire class watched the entirety of it. I was one of them. Kurosawa's films are brilliant. I really enjoy the slower pace of Japanese storytelling. I asked the teacher if I could bring in a Japanese movie for the class to watch and he agreed. Shogun Assassin (Lone Wolf & Cub) was much more to the liking of 14 year old boys lol Edit: which was pretty amazing back then given it had an R(18+) rating. Today he'd probably be jailed for that.
Ah, Kozure Okami was a good series. They showed it on Arte a few years ago, with subtitles. I really much enjoyed it! :-)
I think Bill Murray was in japan or something in Lost in Translation. Is that Scarlett Johansson's butt? Looks a bit slim to me.
Maxvorstadt: Ah, Kozure Okami was a good series. They showed it on Arte a few years ago, with subtitles. I really much enjoyed it! :-)
I've still never watched the series!

Next pic attached.
bad_fur_day1: I think Bill Murray was in japan or something in Lost in Translation. Is that Scarlett Johansson's butt? Looks a bit slim to me.
Correct! Your turn :)
Attachments:
drools.jpg (196 Kb)
Omg, I was right. Jennifer Connelly she ain't. Still, she was a stunner.

New.

If you can't guess this you should be ashamed of yourselves. :P
Attachments:
kangeroo.jpg (25 Kb)
Post edited August 11, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: If you can't guess this you should be ashamed of yourselves. :P
Tank Girl?
bad_fur_day1: Omg, I was right. Jennifer Connelly she ain't. Still, she was a stunner.

New.

If you can't guess this you should be ashamed of yourselves. :P
I'm passing so others can have a go, and yes I know what that movie is :D

As for Scarlett Johanson, I thought she was absolutely amazing, gorgeous and extremely attractive in LiT. Part of that attraction was that she reminded me (her voice in particular) of someone from university who I fell for.
Breja: Tank Girl?
Correct! Oops sorry that's not my place to say :D
Maxvorstadt: Ah, Kozure Okami was a good series. They showed it on Arte a few years ago, with subtitles. I really much enjoyed it! :-)
Tarnicus: I've still never watched the series!
But ..but.. you said that you watched it in school?!? Now I`m confused!!!
bad_fur_day1: If you can't guess this you should be ashamed of yourselves. :P
Breja: Tank Girl?
Indeed. Your go Breja.
Tarnicus: I've still never watched the series!
Maxvorstadt: But ..but.. you said that you watched it in school?!? Now I`m confused!!!
I watched Shogun Assassin, which is a mash-up of the series created for Western audiences. I haven't seen the original series. I hope that clarifies things :)
Maxvorstadt: But ..but.. you said that you watched it in school?!? Now I`m confused!!!
Tarnicus: I watched Shogun Assassin, which is a mash-up of the series created for Western audiences. I haven't seen the original series. I hope that clarifies things :)
Well, thanks for the info. But at least you have seen a bit of the series, as the movie takes material from the first episodes of it.
Tarnicus: I watched Shogun Assassin, which is a mash-up of the series created for Western audiences. I haven't seen the original series. I hope that clarifies things :)
Actually, as much as I like Asian movies in their original versions (both in terms of "cut" and language), I prefer Shogun Assassin over the Baby Cart series as the pace is much faster and closer to Hong-Kong movies.

Funny thing is that I discovered it back in the early 90's through VHS quality then many years later, I got the UK Blu-Ray and due to the much increased image resolution, I got quite amused at the bad "make-up" of the main villain with his ovbious fake eyebrows :o)

EDIT: screencap of the "make-up" ^o^
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_reviews52/shogun_assassin_blu-ray_/large/large_shogun_assassin_blu-ray_1x.jpg
Post edited August 11, 2015 by catpower1980
Maxvorstadt: Well, thanks for the info. But at least you have seen a bit of the series, as the movie takes material from the first episodes of it.
I'll have to grab it sometime when I can :)
catpower1980: Actually, as much as I like Asian movies in their original versions (both in terms of "cut" and language), I prefer Shogun Assassin over the Baby Cart series as the pace is much faster and closer to Hong-Kong movies.

Funny thing is that I discovered it back in the early 90's through VHS quality then many years later, I got the UK Blu-Ray and due to the much increased image resolution, I got quite amused at the bad "make-up" of the main villain with his ovbious fake eyebrows :o)
One of the things I enjoy most about Japanese film-making (Akira Kurosawa stands out the most) is the slower pacing. I love a good fast-paced martial arts film too but there is something to me about the slower pacing that enhances the meaning of the action scenes and poignant moments.