It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

robocop83: Next:
By the kind of scenes displayed it makes me recall "Samsara" but I don´t recognize the actors.
robocop83: Next:
LoboBlanco: By the kind of scenes displayed it makes me recall "Samsara" but I don´t recognize the actors.
Correct. Your turn.
robocop83: Himalaya : L'Enfance d'un chef
Tarnicus: Correct! A movie that moved me to tears; gorgeous scenery, a touching story, everyone but two of the cast had never acted before and one of my top 5 musical scores. Your turn :)
You just made my next movie recommendation :P

You should watch "봄 여름 가을 겨울 그리고 봄" if you haven´t, heavy symbolism so how much is understood of it depends on the viewer.
Also "我的父亲母亲", this "집으로" and this "千里走單騎", this "一个都不能少" and "He ni zai yi qi".

Next one:
LoboBlanco: By the kind of scenes displayed it makes me recall "Samsara" but I don´t recognize the actors.
robocop83: Correct. Your turn.
If you liked "Samsara" you may like my recommendations also.
Attachments:
Post edited August 10, 2015 by LoboBlanco
Tarnicus: Correct! A movie that moved me to tears; gorgeous scenery, a touching story, everyone but two of the cast had never acted before and one of my top 5 musical scores. Your turn :)
LoboBlanco: You just made my next movie recommendation :P

You should watch "봄 여름 가을 겨울 그리고 봄" if you haven´t, heavy symbolism so how much is understood of it depends on the viewer.
Also "我的父亲母亲", this "집으로" and this "千里走單騎", this "一个都不能少" and "He ni zai yi qi".

Next one:
robocop83: Correct. Your turn.
LoboBlanco: If you liked "Samsara" you may like my recommendations also.
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring for any wanting the English translation. I haven't translated the other titles yet. That movie looks like something I would thoroughly enjoy in a contemplative mood.

I once flew to the US to meet a woman I was interested in (yes I'm nuts :P). I tried to show her Himalaya and she fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. Needless to say, things didn't work out.
LoboBlanco: ...
Tarnicus: ...

I once flew to the US to meet a woman I was interested in (yes I'm nuts :P). I tried to show her Himalaya and she fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. Needless to say, things didn't work out.
Haha, I once came back home with "7 Samurai" and I said "I brought a movie about samurais".......so there was some expectation......as soon as they saw it was black and white and old they ran away :P
LoboBlanco: Haha, I once came back home with "7 Samurai" and I said "I brought a movie about samurais".......so there was some expectation......as soon as they saw it was black and white and old they ran away :P
My Japanese teacher when I was 14 showed our class that movie (it was optional during lunch time) and only 3 out of the entire class watched the entirety of it. I was one of them. Kurosawa's films are brilliant. I really enjoy the slower pace of Japanese storytelling. I asked the teacher if I could bring in a Japanese movie for the class to watch and he agreed. Shogun Assassin (Lone Wolf & Cub) was much more to the liking of 14 year old boys lol Edit: which was pretty amazing back then given it had an R(18+) rating. Today he'd probably be jailed for that.
Post edited August 10, 2015 by Tarnicus
New hint...
Attachments:
behold.jpg (49 Kb)
Post edited August 11, 2015 by LoboBlanco
LoboBlanco: New hint...
It kind of reminds me vaguely of Kurosawa's Dreams but I don't think that's it.
LoboBlanco: New hint...
xSinghx: It kind of reminds me vaguely of Kurosawa's Dreams but I don't think that's it.
Have seen that one but this one´s not a dream.

Next hint.

I think I can´t show anything else more revealing beyond the title of the movie :P
Attachments:
Post edited August 11, 2015 by LoboBlanco
LoboBlanco: Have seen that one but this one´s not a dream.

Next hint.

I think I can´t show anything else more revealing beyond the title of the movie :P
I'd assume anything with The Monkey King in it has to be based on the novel Journey to the West...
LoboBlanco: Have seen that one but this one´s not a dream.

Next hint.

Tarnicus: I'd assume anything with The Monkey King in it has to be based on the novel Journey to the West...
That was a hint hidden in something to not making it too obvious............I guess I pick a hard one :D

More hints:
Attachments:
kamen.jpg (43 Kb)
notrider.jpg (44 Kb)
LoboBlanco: That was a hint hidden in something to not making it too obvious............I guess I pick a hard one :D

More hints:
Bian Lian aka The King of Masks?
LoboBlanco: That was a hint hidden in something to not making it too obvious............I guess I pick a hard one :D

More hints:
Tarnicus: Bian Lian aka The King of Masks?
Finally! :D

Your turn.
LoboBlanco: Finally! :D

Your turn.
I actually got it before comprehending your hints too! Kamen = mask. Top search result for kaman = kamen rider. Even though I studied Japanese for 3 years many years ago, I didn't recognise the word kamen. I figured you are posting so many pics of masks, that has to be one hell of a hint.

I'll think of one in a moment. My brain is a bit foggy after letting out a bit of emotion.

Ok here we go. This links to our conversation in an obscure way.
Attachments:
doc.jpg (13 Kb)
Post edited August 11, 2015 by Tarnicus
Tarnicus: Ok here we go. This links to our conversation in an obscure way.
Can you make this a little less obscure by choosing pics that are a bit more iconic in some way to the movie. That way even if someone hasn't seen the movie they may have a chance to recognize it.