It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

csanjuro: elite?
How did you know that? Was it because I accidentally named the attachment as "elite.gpg" by chance?
Unfortunately that would be way too easy ;)

Here is another screenshot and a few hints:

1) the game in question was taken from ZX Spectrum gameplay
2) that game was also released on Amstrad CPC
3) the game name has "2" in its name, the second chapter in series
4) it's a first person shooter / arcade space sim
5) devs were involved with Elite game

So guess the game please.
Attachments:
elite2.jpg (43 Kb)
csanjuro: elite?
Cadaver747: How did you know that? Was it because I accidentally named the attachment as "elite.gpg" by chance?
Unfortunately that would be way too easy ;)

Here is another screenshot and a few hints:

1) the game in question was taken from ZX Spectrum gameplay
2) that game was also released on Amstrad CPC
3) the game name has "2" in its name, the second chapter in series
4) it's a first person shooter / arcade space sim
5) devs were involved with Elite game

So guess the game please.
Space School Simulator: The Academy (a.k.a. Academy: Tau Ceti II)?
kalirion: Space School Simulator: The Academy (a.k.a. Academy: Tau Ceti II)?
Nope, that's not it.
Are you sure CRL Group PLC was involved with Elite game?

Also perhaps I wasn't clear enough, the game in question was released on ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC only (at least I don't know about other versions), your game on the other hand was released for several more platforms:

1986 (ZX Spectrum)
1987 (DOS)
1987 (Atari ST)
1987 (Amstrad CPC)
1988 (Amiga)
1988 (Amstrad PCW)
Post edited April 29, 2023 by Cadaver747
It's time for the next picture.

User kalirion had a close call.

The game was released in 1986, it's name is ********** II.
Attachments:
elite3.jpg (28 Kb)
Cadaver747: It's time for the next picture.

User kalirion had a close call.

The game was released in 1986, it's name is ********** II.
Found it: Starstrike II

I'm ashamed to say I just went to Mobygames, pulled up all Armstrad CPC games for 1986 and CTRL+F'd "II" :)

I see now on its Mobygames entry that the Developers are Realtime Games Software Ltd, and pulling them up they also did Elite. The reason I couldn't find them starting from Elite is that there is no Developers list on the Mobygames page for Elite, and "Realtime Games Software Ltd" is not in the Publisher's list for that game.
kalirion: Found it: Starstrike II

I'm ashamed to say I just went to Mobygames, pulled up all Armstrad CPC games for 1986 and CTRL+F'd "II" :)

I see now on its Mobygames entry that the Developers are Realtime Games Software Ltd, and pulling them up they also did Elite.
There is no shame in small detective work, someone would guess it sooner or later with that information, I hoped to bring 2 more screenshots in the process though ;)

It's you turn!

kalirion: The reason I couldn't find them starting from Elite is that there is no Developers list on the Mobygames page for Elite, and "Realtime Games Software Ltd" is not in the Publisher's list for that game.
As per my understanding, the developers made ports of the game and also created a remake called Elite Plus that featured VGA graphics and Roland MT-32 music. In my opinion, they did a fantastic job with the remake, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it on DOS.
Poor ZX Spectrum no one wanted to play on it after 1991, we sold it soon afterwards ;(

And here is a gameplay for Starstrike II, I don't comprehend how devs managed to make such a game on ZX Spectrum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3spgaDXqSY
Post edited April 30, 2023 by Cadaver747
I've never played any of those old consoles/pc games that weren't for DOS, NES or Atari 2600/7800. Never even seen a ZX Spectrum, Amiga, C64, etc in the flesh.

Aight, next one!
Attachments:
Post edited April 30, 2023 by kalirion
kalirion: I've never played any of those old consoles/pc games that weren't for DOS, NES or Atari 2600/7800. Never even seen a ZX Spectrum, Amiga, C64, etc in the flesh.
Probably because those dominated European market, ZX Spectrum was practically absent in the US. Amiga reached Australia and Canada but gain little love in the US as well.

kalirion: Aight, next one!
Eye of the Beholder ;)
Cadaver747: Eye of the Beholder ;)
Not quite :D

But you can give the correct answer whenever you feel like taking the turn :)
kalirion: Not quite :D

But you can give the correct answer whenever you feel like taking the turn :)
I assume it's not "Beholder" either. ;)

Anyway it's so easy to guess (and I practically gave it away) and I just played my turn so I suggest let other players to have their turn. If no one turns out in a few days I'll take a lead.
One more screenshot
Attachments:
Volgarr?
csanjuro: Volgarr?
No. But combine it with the previous guess and you might get somewhere ;)
I don't think posting more screenshots will help at this point, so I'll just reiterate that if you try combining csanjuro's guess - "Volgarr", and Cadaver747's "guess" - "Beholder" in various ways, you'll arrive at the answer.
Beholgar