It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fever_Discordia: Yeah, yeah!
know to me as one of Zzap64!'s border scribbles as much as anything else!
Your go
It came to my attention mostly thanks to Press Play On Tape's awesome cover version of the theme song.

Here's the next one. (Accidentally in French)
Attachments:
french.jpg (90 Kb)
Fever_Discordia: Yeah, yeah!
know to me as one of Zzap64!'s border scribbles as much as anything else!
Your go
InfraSuperman: It came to my attention mostly thanks to Press Play On Tape's awesome cover version of the theme song.

Here's the next one. (Accidentally in French)
evoland?
Zacron: evoland?
No, this is an actual Gameboy title.
Zacron: evoland?
InfraSuperman: No, this is an actual Gameboy title.
Can't be - too much black & white, too little green.
InfraSuperman: No, this is an actual Gameboy title.
kalirion: Can't be - too much black & white, too little green.
Emulated, presumably...
kalirion: Can't be - too much black & white, too little green.
Austrobogulator: Emulated, presumably...
It's just not the same without the urine palette.

Anyway, I think that's the Gameboy version of John Romero's Daikatana, which I've heard is a lot better than the original game.
Austrobogulator: Emulated, presumably...
Exoanthrope: It's just not the same without the urine palette.

Anyway, I think that's the Gameboy version of John Romero's Daikatana, which I've heard is a lot better than the original game.
It isn't that - that game was for GBC. Also, it is better :P

This is correct. Daikatana, reimagined as a Zelda-clone for the Gameboy Color. That picture is only black & white because it's a flashback at the beginning of the game. (See the first attached picture for a more "normal" screen)
It is indeed a much more solidly made game than the original and quite fun.

I actually used the emulator "bgb", which comes with a variety of different color palettes for monochrome Gameboy titles, a lot of which try to evoke the genuine GB feeling (see the other two pictures for examples).

Anyway, it's your turn now.
Attachments:
shaqfu.jpg (110 Kb)
coolspot.jpg (91 Kb)
Post edited November 19, 2014 by InfraSuperman
I actually wasn't too sure about that one, I only remember watching a review of the Gameboy version of Daikatana.

New game. Another for the Gameboy, with filter overdose.

Edit: would help if I picked the right file...
Attachments:
Post edited November 19, 2014 by Exoanthrope
Exoanthrope: I actually wasn't too sure about that one, I only remember watching a review of the Gameboy version of Daikatana.

New game. Another for the Gameboy, with filter overdose.

Edit: would help if I picked the right file...
Spy Vs. Spy 2
Fever_Discordia: Spy Vs. Spy 2
Not 2, but close enough. There was only 1 Spy Vs. Spy released for the original Gameboy. They were similar, anyway.

I'd say it's your turn.
Fever_Discordia: Spy Vs. Spy 2
Exoanthrope: Not 2, but close enough. There was only 1 Spy Vs. Spy released for the original Gameboy. They were similar, anyway.

I'd say it's your turn.
Ah OK the GBC one looks like a compilation of all 3 games plus an extra 'town' location, good value!

Anyways - next!
Attachments:
chess.png (4 Kb)

InfraSuperman: This is correct. Daikatana, reimagined as a Zelda-clone for the Gameboy Color. That picture is only black & white because it's a flashback at the beginning of the game. (See the first attached picture for a more "normal" screen)
It is indeed a much more solidly made game than the original and quite fun.

I actually used the emulator "bgb", which comes with a variety of different color palettes for monochrome Gameboy titles, a lot of which try to evoke the genuine GB feeling (see the other two pictures for examples).

Anyway, it's your turn now.
Ah, preeetty sneaky :o
Bump?
The shot is from the arcade version, I was surprised there WAS an arcade version because when I had it on tape for the C64 it looked just like any other Mastertronic budget game programmed by a 16 year old in his bedroom, but apparently not!
Fever_Discordia: Bump?
The shot is from the arcade version, I was surprised there WAS an arcade version because when I had it on tape for the C64 it looked just like any other Mastertronic budget game programmed by a 16 year old in his bedroom, but apparently not!
I think that's Motos. The fact that it uses the exact same score bar as Galaga and other Namco games makes it easy to search for.

Also, I only recently became aware of the existence of Datasette tapes. I couldn't imagine waiting for a tape to play through to load a game. And people complain about loading times nowadays...
Post edited November 22, 2014 by Exoanthrope