It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliasalpha: Street Hassle
It's one of my favourite C64 games, poor defenceless muscly man innocently wandering down the street is suddenly beset by murderous hordes of old men, old ladies, bulldogs and the occasional gorilla

I was about to tell you that you're wrong, but...
The screenshot is actually from , but if you compare that game to [url=http://www.lemon64.com/games/details.php?ID=2499]Street Hassle, you get a surprise.
Both games are made by Melbourne House in 1987. It seems they published the same game twice, the only difference being the title and the hairstyle / facial hair of the main character. Also, each game has the other as a "related game" on Lemon64. This is the first time I've ever heard of Street Hassle. I never knew it even existed.
So... All in all, I'd say you're close enough ;-)
I've added screenshots of the title screen and the gameplay from both games for comparison. It's really weird. I assume there's some sort of copyright issue behind this. Maybe the name Street Hassle was copyrighted in Europe or something, so they had to change the title to publish the game here.
So anyway, your turn again.
[EDIT] Even more strange, Mobygames lists the game as Bad Street Brawler, which, when looking at the covers there, appears to have been the game's title on the DOS and NES platforms.
Attachments:
Post edited January 19, 2009 by Wishbone
That is weird. I've seen several games retitled but not modified in such a completely irrelevant way...
Okay I'm being a bit nasty with this one, a fair bit harder to identify...
Attachments:
zak.gif (5 Kb)
Aliasalpha: That is weird. I've seen several games retitled but not modified in such a completely irrelevant way...

Not at all. In fact, the text is a dead giveaway for anyone familiar with Asimov's work. I've never played the game, but I can work out that it must be a text adventure adaptation of his novel, The Robots Of Dawn. A quick visit to Lemon64 confirms this. :-)
Aliasalpha: Okay I'm being a bit nasty with this one, a fair bit harder to identify...

That reminds me of the intro of The Robots of Dawn?
I never got far in that (probably on account of being about age 6 at the time)
[Edit: drat - beaten to the punch! WD Wishbone]
Post edited January 19, 2009 by domgrief
Aliasalpha: That is weird. I've seen several games retitled but not modified in such a completely irrelevant way...
Wishbone: Not at all. In fact, the text is a dead giveaway for anyone familiar with Asimov's work. I've never played the game, but I can work out that it must be a text adventure adaptation of his novel, The Robots Of Dawn. A quick visit to Lemon64 confirms this. :-)

Curses! Damn you all! I will have my revenge! (you were right indeed)
I knew I should have posted other other pic I found without the character name...
The thing I remember the most about the game is that it was impossible to quit. The conversation basically went like this:
>Quit
Are you sure?
>Y
Are you REALLY sure?
>Y
Are you REALLY REALLY sure?
>Y
and it went on like that forever, REALLY incrementing by 1 each time. I got to 4 full screens of REALLY before I reluctantly decided it wasn't going to say "Oh, okay then" at some point.
I had a lot of time on my hands as a child, no internet you see.
Post edited January 19, 2009 by Aliasalpha
Back to the Amiga. Anybody remember this?
Attachments:
looks like a shameless r-type clone, the kind that might as well have been called q-variety.
Denaris perhaps?
Aliasalpha: Denaris perhaps?

Nope, sorry. It's actually a rather famous game (as I recall) by a rather famous development house.
It's one of those ones that I know I've seen, played & perhaps even owned but I just can't remember it. I briefly thought it was nemesis or salamander but thats too early I think.
I'll give another hint. The highscore music was the 1812 ouverture, complete with cannons firing.
ahhh project x.
I had to google that though so I'm not sure if it counts
Aliasalpha: ahhh project x.
I had to google that though so I'm not sure if it counts

Well, seeing as you've written the correct answer on the forum, it counts. There are no rules against using the internet to find the answer.
So, your go again :-)
well okay, wish uni was this accepting of the idea of looking up the answers...
This is another c64 one, a game where you revel in wanton destruction (that ought to narrow it down to about 80% of c64 games)
Attachments:
Godzilla?
Rampage?