It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Iain: I know, we had the C2N bundled with the machines and everywhere you went it was always tapes. Mind you my tapes have faired well, all are working fine after all these years and still get plenty use!
Fever_Discordia: I had an 'Action Replay' cartridge and backed up a load of my tape games to 5 1/4 inch floppy, they loaded in 6 seconds from disk!

My C64 collection got thrown out years ago though
I still have and use my Action Replay Mk4 for entering Pokes and backing up single load games to disc. I also use the Fast Loader on it for disc based games so its pretty quick.

I have the Vic 1541 single sided drive, nicknamed the breeze block given its size, have to flip the disc for the reverse side. I also have a standard C2N and a Mills deck which has the lights on it so you can fine tune the Azimuth Alignment for a game if you are having issues loading.
Fever_Discordia: I had an 'Action Replay' cartridge and backed up a load of my tape games to 5 1/4 inch floppy, they loaded in 6 seconds from disk!

My C64 collection got thrown out years ago though
Iain: I still have and use my Action Replay Mk4 for entering Pokes and backing up single load games to disc. I also use the Fast Loader on it for disc based games so its pretty quick.

I have the Vic 1541 single sided drive, nicknamed the breeze block given its size, have to flip the disc for the reverse side. I also have a standard C2N and a Mills deck which has the lights on it so you can fine tune the Azimuth Alignment for a game if you are having issues loading.
Oh yeah, I had one of those tape decks with the lights and a knob in the hole already so you didn't have to get a screwdriver in there, randomly just died one day though :-( I remember on the original C64 (I don't think it worked on the C64c) there was a poke to hear the loading screech like a Spectrum so you could try to adjust it by ear too!

I also remember cutting a groove out of the side of supposedly one sided floppies to magically make they duel sided too!
Iain: I still have and use my Action Replay Mk4 for entering Pokes and backing up single load games to disc. I also use the Fast Loader on it for disc based games so its pretty quick.

Fever_Discordia: Oh yeah, I had one of those tape decks with the lights and a knob in the hole already so you didn't have to get a screwdriver in there, randomly just died one day though :-( I remember on the original C64 (I don't think it worked on the C64c) there was a poke to hear the loading screech like a Spectrum so you could try to adjust it by ear too!

I also remember cutting a groove out of the side of supposedly one sided floppies to magically make they duel sided too!
My original C64 (Breadbin) still works and I have a 64c also. The breadbin board is in the c case now though as the keyboard wasn't working properly on it and the C64c died a few month back after we had a power cut there must have been a surge.

The original machine SID chip is better than the one in the c as on Myth for example. After title screen has loaded it says Welcome to Myth, on the c it says it but it is barely audible, you can put a resistor between pin 1 and 14 but that can mess up the audio levels in general on some variations.

Yeah, you notched the disk on the opposite side with a hole punch or with a pair of scissors to use the reverse side of the disks, to write protect again just put some tape over the edges.
Fever_Discordia: Oh yeah, I had one of those tape decks with the lights and a knob in the hole already so you didn't have to get a screwdriver in there, randomly just died one day though :-( I remember on the original C64 (I don't think it worked on the C64c) there was a poke to hear the loading screech like a Spectrum so you could try to adjust it by ear too!

Iain: My original C64 (Breadbin) still works and I have a 64c also. The breadbin board is in the c case now though as the keyboard wasn't working properly on it and the C64c died a few month back after we had a power cut there must have been a surge.

The original machine SID chip is better than the one in the c as on Myth for example. After title screen has loaded it says Welcome to Myth, on the c it says it but it is barely audible, you can put a resistor between pin 1 and 14 but that can mess up the audio levels in general on some variations.

Yeah, you notched the disk on the opposite side with a hole punch or with a pair of scissors to use the reverse side of the disks, to write protect again just put some tape over the edges.
I always wondered what that was all about though - was it just so manufacturers could charge more for double sided disks even though they were exactly the same really?
Thinking about it, I'm not sure anyone actually told me that trick, I think I might have just been looking at a single sided and double sided disk next to each other and thinking 'Hmmm... I Wonder..." with a pair of scissors nearby!
Iain: My original C64 (Breadbin) still works and I have a 64c also. The breadbin board is in the c case now though as the keyboard wasn't working properly on it and the C64c died a few month back after we had a power cut there must have been a surge.

Fever_Discordia: I always wondered what that was all about though - was it just so manufacturers could charge more for double sided disks even though they were exactly the same really?
Thinking about it, I'm not sure anyone actually told me that trick, I think I might have just been looking at a single sided and double sided disk next to each other and thinking 'Hmmm... I Wonder..." with a pair of scissors nearby!
Whenever you bought discs they were notched only on one side. A friend told me about using both sides as I wasn't aware myself!
Smannesman: Alright here's my new one.
Rolling Thunder?
PhilD: Rolling Thunder?
Correct!
I had almost forgotten it was my turn :(
PhilD: Rolling Thunder?
You guessed correctly so it's your go!
Fever_Discordia: You guessed correctly so it's your go!
Sorry it took so long.

Ok, here's my pics. It's an oldie so I have no idea how hard it'll be to guess.
I'll give you a couple of screenshots. Good luck! :)
Attachments:
Fever_Discordia: You guessed correctly so it's your go!
PhilD: Sorry it took so long.

Looks pretty much like Krull from the Atari 2600, so that'll be my guess :)
PhilD: Sorry it took so long.

Laziter: Looks pretty much like Krull from the Atari 2600, so that'll be my guess :)
You got it!
Guess it wasn't hard at all. :)
Now have a crack at these shots:
Attachments:
16109.jpg (5 Kb)
26801.jpg (6 Kb)
Laziter: Now have a crack at these shots:
How about a small hint? ;D
Laziter: Now have a crack at these shots:
Densetsu: How about a small hint? ;D
Hmm ok then :D
It's visible to the naked eye every 76 years.
Densetsu: How about a small hint? ;D
Laziter: Hmm ok then :D
It's visible to the naked eye every 76 years.
I'd image that would be Halley's Comet then?
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halley%27s_Comet_(video_game]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halley%27s_Comet_(video_game[/url])