It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looks like we need a hint on this one.

This one is a 80's movie tie in and was released on all 8 bit formats (Amstrad, C64, Spectrum & BBC Micro) but was also released on the Amiga & Atari ST and there was a DOS version.
Iain: Looks like we need a hint on this one.

This one is a 80's movie tie in and was released on all 8 bit formats (Amstrad, C64, Spectrum & BBC Micro) but was also released on the Amiga & Atari ST and there was a DOS version.
The hint made it very easy to track down: Beverly Hills Cop
Iain: Looks like we need a hint on this one.

Ghorpm: The hint made it very easy to track down: Beverly Hills Cop
Bit to much for one hint, it was a REALLY bad movie tie in I might add!!

Your turn :)
Ghorpm: The hint made it very easy to track down: Beverly Hills Cop
Iain: Bit to much for one hint, it was a REALLY bad movie tie in I might add!!

Your turn :)
Yeah, the hint made it pretty much obvious even though I've never actually played that game.

Anaway, here is the next one!
Attachments:
horror.jpg (48 Kb)
The picture is WAY too good but regardless I'm guessing Penumbra
tinyE: The picture is WAY too good but regardless I'm guessing Penumbra
Nope, it's not!
Ghorpm: Anaway, here is the next one!
Lemme guess, it's one of those static Myst-like first person point & click adventure games.
Ghorpm: Anaway, here is the next one!
F4LL0UT: Lemme guess, it's one of those static Myst-like first person point & click adventure games.
Yeah, I guess we may say so. The thing is I never actually played any Myst game ;) Maybe I should. Later. Probably. Perhaps. ;)

But I'll give you a hint: the game is supposed to be based on a book. Or rather inspired. And their titles are connected. I wholeheartedly love the book so my friends bought me the game. The last sentence is, obviously, not a hint at all ;)
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened?
Nickcronomicon: Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened?
No. Far more classical book than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Nickcronomicon: Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened?
Ghorpm: No. Far more classical book than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
With that hint I am now totally entranced by this.

Midnight Mysteries?
Ghorpm: No. Far more classical book than Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
tinyE: With that hint I am now totally entranced by this.

Midnight Mysteries?
No. The title of the book consists of just one word. The title of the game, however, uses the same word but adds an additional subtitle. That's the difference. And as I mentioned earlier - the story in the game is only roughly inspired by the book.
tinyE: With that hint I am now totally entranced by this.

Midnight Mysteries?
Ghorpm: No. The title of the book consists of just one word. The title of the game, however, uses the same word but adds an additional subtitle. That's the difference. And as I mentioned earlier - the story in the game is only roughly inspired by the book.
Yeah, I was going for a Poe thing and when I looked up his name on GameSpot thats all that came up. I'll give it some more thought but is really starting to annoy me because I live and breath horror lit be it very new or very old.
Ghorpm: No. The title of the book consists of just one word. The title of the game, however, uses the same word but adds an additional subtitle. That's the difference. And as I mentioned earlier - the story in the game is only roughly inspired by the book.
tinyE: Yeah, I was going for a Poe thing and when I looked up his name on GameSpot thats all that came up. I'll give it some more thought but is really starting to annoy me because I live and breath horror lit be it very new or very old.
Uh-oh... it seems I misled you. The screenshot was a bit horrorish and thus the name. The game, however, is not. It's supposed to be more psychological and reflective rather than scary and gruesome
I hope it will be easier now... at least you should be able to guess who is that guy...
Attachments:
fair.jpg (37 Kb)