It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

And once again while we're waiting for an official image, I'm reposting this "bonus" pic. And sweetening the deal - anyone who guesses is correctly gets a GOG game of their choice :)
Attachments:
kalirion: And once again while we're waiting for an official image, I'm reposting this "bonus" pic. And sweetening the deal - anyone who guesses is correctly gets a GOG game of their choice :)
Well, the obvious answer is Jezzball...
Probably not it, but Xonix?
kalirion: And once again while we're waiting for an official image, I'm reposting this "bonus" pic. And sweetening the deal - anyone who guesses is correctly gets a GOG game of their choice :)
I'll take 'Qix clone #87' for $100!
Um, some sort of Linux Qix clone? Reminds me of old QBasic games...
RogerT.Houston: Well, the obvious answer is Jezzball...
Nope. Similar divide and conquer gameplay, but the ball leaves a line (snake style) behind it whenever it moves in the un-filled areas, instead of generating the lines to either side when you activate it.

LordKuruku: I'll take 'Qix clone #87' for $100!
Sorry, gotta be more specific :)
MattHornet: Um, some sort of Linux Qix clone? Reminds me of old QBasic games...
Nope, played it on DOS. No Basic required (though it may have been written in it, I doubt it).

And people, remember, this is a BONUS question for a free GOG.

Someone still needs to post a new one since Arteveld is giving up his turn!
Post edited December 07, 2010 by kalirion
kalirion: Someone still needs to post a new one since Arteveld is giving up his turn!
OK, to fill in the time for 10 minutes (judging by previous experience), let's see who else has seen this one:
Attachments:
hulk.jpg (59 Kb)
kalirion: Nope. Similar divide and conquer gameplay, but the ball leaves a line (snake style) behind it whenever it moves in the un-filled areas, instead of generating the lines to either side when you activate it.
And it's not Xonix (guess by Smannesman)?
kalirion: Nope. Similar divide and conquer gameplay, but the ball leaves a line (snake style) behind it whenever it moves in the un-filled areas, instead of generating the lines to either side when you activate it.
Zjeraar: And it's not Xonix (guess by Smannesman)?
Nope, but definitely looks like a close clone of it now that I look at the screenshots!

A hint - if you search for the game on Mobygames by its exact name AND narrow the Platform down to DOS, this game is currently the 10th result!
Zjeraar: And it's not Xonix (guess by Smannesman)?
kalirion: Nope, but definitely looks like a close clone of it now that I look at the screenshots!

A hint - if you search for the game on Mobygames by its exact name AND narrow the Platform down to DOS, this game is currently the 10th result!
Is it <span class="bold">Y</span>?
Post edited December 07, 2010 by Smannesman
kalirion: Someone still needs to post a new one since Arteveld is giving up his turn!
Wulfc: OK, to fill in the time for 10 minutes (judging by previous experience), let's see who else has seen this one:
alien comic book adventure

now lets go back to that "'Qix clone #87" and get it already :D I wana see mroe riddles :) I like this thread :) Its probably my fav one :)
Skreczi: alien comic book adventure
Correct!

4 hrs+, a record for me...
Skreczi: alien comic book adventure

now lets go back to that "'Qix clone #87" and get it already :D I wana see mroe riddles :) I like this thread :) Its probably my fav one :)
Smannesman answer is correct, only karlirion needs to confirm it.
Anyway, that was a bonus riddle. You answered the last 'proper' one, so you are supposed to post another ;)
Smannesman: Is it <span class="bold">Y</span>?
Correct! Out of curiosity how did you find it? Props if you thought of searching for mobygames submitted by "kalirion" :)

But more importantly, I owe you a free GOG. Post your GOG of choice and email (captchaed if you're worried of spam) and I'll get it to you :)
kalirion: Correct! Out of curiosity how did you find it? Props if you thought of searching for mobygames submitted by "kalirion" :)

But more importantly, I owe you a free GOG. Post your GOG of choice and email (captchaed if you're worried of spam) and I'll get it to you :)
By narrowing down the type of game, the operating system and the year basically.
I know pretty much 80-90% of the games in the DB so I looked for games I didn't know with a simple name (like Qix, Kix, Styx, Xonix). I still had to go through 30 games or so :P
But whenever someone posts a game I don't know, I just really have to know what it is.
Hmm you never specified if it was a $5,99 or $9,99 game so:

$9,99
--------
Neverwinter Nights
Baldur's Gate 1

$5,99
-------
Tex Murphy 1+2
Fallout 2
Freespace 2

A little bit of choice so I can still be surprised :P
Post edited December 10, 2010 by Smannesman