It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Austrobogulator: I'm always up for having a turn. I love this thread :D
muntdefems: Don't ask me why, but the image reminded me from the start of some kind of planet classification chart.

Then, after the hint and some other comments I was sure it must be referring to Master of Orion 3. I went to the store page, and voilà. :)
You already know you're correct, but yep, that's it. Your turn :D
Well, there are rules to be followed, aren't there? :P

OK, here's a cutout from a screenshot of the game I'm currently playing (I liked your idea, Austrobogulator).
Attachments:
No guesses? C'mon! I'm sure there's somebody 'round here who has played this game!

OK, here's a bigger cutout from the same screenshot. Whenever somebody ventures a guess I might consider uploading a different one. :\
Attachments:
Hm, no clue. Definitely not a game I've played. Looks like an open world game with an Ubisoft or GTA/Saints Row style map with bases, shops and activities, only weirder. I couldn't say whether it's a modern day, sci-fi or fantasy world, a hardcore or casual game, indie or AAA. The layout of the map with those roads looks pretty strange and a bit arbitrary, so I would have been tempted to say something like Goat Simulator, but I've played a bit of Goat Simulator and it didn't look anything like this (and not sure if it has a map at all, in any case not that many pre-defind activities). :/
Gosh, this one's got me stumped. My first guess was Red Faction: Guerrilla...but it's got water, so Mars is right out.

I haven't played Saints Row 2, and the icons look similar, so maybe?

Whatever it is, it has a crap-ton of stars to collect! :P
It's none of the mentioned games. And I'm not gonna give any hint as what Leroux said is quite a good hint in itself:
Leroux: The layout of the map with those roads looks pretty strange and a bit arbitrary
Here's a new screenshot cutout, though. :)
Attachments:
Post edited September 09, 2015 by muntdefems
muntdefems: Here's a new screenshot cutout, though. :)
Roundabout ?
muntdefems: Here's a new screenshot cutout, though. :)
_Slaugh_: Roundabout ?
Yes it is! :D

Your turn.
Here's the next one...  Good luck!
Attachments:
agency.jpg (152 Kb)
_Slaugh_: Here's the next one... Good luck!
DOS bootleg port of Metal Gear 2?
Post edited September 11, 2015 by Exoanthrope
_Slaugh_: Here's the next one... Good luck!
Exoanthrope: DOS bootleg port of Metal Gear 2?
It's not a DOS game, and it was released 4 years before Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.
Here's a clue:  The title of this game contains 5 letters, starting with a "N".
_Slaugh_: Here's a clue: The title of this game contains 5 letters, starting with a "N".
I will put everyone out their misery, it is about a reporter who is undercover in a drug cartel and you have to make your escape.

It is on the C64 and called Nexus

Had really cool packaging when it was released
Iain: I will put everyone out their misery, it is about a reporter who is undercover in a drug cartel and you have to make your escape.

It is on the C64 and called Nexus

Had really cool packaging when it was released
Right!  Your turn...
Ok, next one, this game had a huge competition running with it when originally released, I personally could never work it out!
Attachments:
world.gif (6 Kb)