It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: I guess I'll start HW 2 Remastered.

One thing the Remastered versions have done is ruin the older layouts. Those games are timeless and while the game play and graphics haven't aged, the control schemes have. I can't even one click move or pan the camera on Emergence and it's driving me nuts. :P
Oh awesome somehow I didn't know that HM 2 was remastered. Something to look forward to then even though I already finished it twice (not that I could finish the first HW - got stuck on that damn asteroid level)
tinyE: I guess I'll start HW 2 Remastered.

One thing the Remastered versions have done is ruin the older layouts. Those games are timeless and while the game play and graphics haven't aged, the control schemes have. I can't even one click move or pan the camera on Emergence and it's driving me nuts. :P
Matewis: Oh awesome somehow I didn't know that HM 2 was remastered. Something to look forward to then even though I already finished it twice (not that I could finish the first HW - got stuck on that damn asteroid level)
i might be able to help you with that.
Matewis: Oh awesome somehow I didn't know that HM 2 was remastered. Something to look forward to then even though I already finished it twice (not that I could finish the first HW - got stuck on that damn asteroid level)
tinyE: i might be able to help you with that.
Seems all you need is a very big fleet? The preceding level has that massive 3D ball of enemy frigates and I lost a lot of my fleet getting through it. Before giving up (this is like 15+ years ago) I reckoned I had to go back and replay that level and do it properly :P
I've been playing Doom 64 EX recently. It's the enhanced PC port of Doom 64, made by the guy that Night Dive hired to remaster the Turok games. I always liked this one although it wasn't really appreciated in its time because everyone was too busy bitching about how it wasn't fully 3D like Quake.
I've started playing Dark forces...have finished the first three levels on medium. Actually kind of fun, but I'd enjoy it more if I could save during the mission. And it's starting to get pretty hard, so I don't know if I'll finish it. But it looks like a decent game, you can discern some of the greatness of Dark forces 2 in embryonic form.
timppu: I still don't quite understand if I am supposed to be able to hack or lockpick certain things, or if I need those tools which can be used only once, where do I get more of them? Like getting to that guy I freed, the game suggested two ways to get to him: either log in or hack a control panel (I presume in order to disable the laser beams which sound an alarm if you go through them), or find some detour to it past the defenses.
I haven't played Deus Ex in a long while, but hacking is quite fun, letting you switch off security or turn it against enemies. It's one of my favorite games and Deus Ex-like games are my favorite genre, so I want you to enjoy it as well.

I found this link which might help you https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/how-to-hack-computers-in-deus-ex-27404029/ . Also, here is the wiki page for hacking in Deus Ex http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_skill
Post edited January 20, 2018 by hurvl
Having to much work right from the beginning of the year, but I am still able to play at least once in a while Shadowrun: Dragonfall. few more hours, and it will be my first finished game in 2018.
hurvl: I haven't played Deus Ex in a long while, but hacking is quite fun, letting you switch off security or turn it against enemies. It's one of my favorite games and Deus Ex-like games are my favorite genre, so I want you to enjoy it as well.

I found this link which might help you https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/how-to-hack-computers-in-deus-ex-27404029/ . Also, here is the wiki page for hacking in Deus Ex http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_skill
Thanks, that clarified it a bit. I got a bit mixed up with "hacking" and "computer" skills. So if I understood right:

Hacking needs no extra tools, just the skill. You can hack ATMs, computers and such. Hacking is optional, the other option is to find some valid login username/password and use them (and then you don't have the time limit either as you do if you hack).

Computer does need a tool, a multitool. So the reason I wasn't able to switch off the laser beams from the control panel was apparently because I didn't have any multitool anymore. Multitools work only once per tool, and you can carry max 20 multitools with you.

Lockpicking also needs a tool, lockpicks, and they are one-time use as well.

Now the only remaining question is, where does one get more multitools and lockpicks? Do you buy them somewhere or just find them lying around?
hurvl: I haven't played Deus Ex in a long while, but hacking is quite fun, letting you switch off security or turn it against enemies. It's one of my favorite games and Deus Ex-like games are my favorite genre, so I want you to enjoy it as well.

timppu: Thanks, that clarified it a bit. I got a bit mixed up with "hacking" and "computer" skills. So if I understood right:

Hacking needs no extra tools, just the skill. You can hack ATMs, computers and such. Hacking is optional, the other option is to find some valid login username/password and use them (and then you don't have the time limit either as you do if you hack).

Computer does need a tool, a multitool. So the reason I wasn't able to switch off the laser beams from the control panel was apparently because I didn't have any multitool anymore. Multitools work only once per tool, and you can carry max 20 multitools with you.

Lockpicking also needs a tool, lockpicks, and they are one-time use as well.

Now the only remaining question is, where does one get more multitools and lockpicks? Do you buy them somewhere or just find them lying around?
Yeah, you've understood it correctly.

I've only found multitools and lockpicks lying around or in crates, never heard of anyone selling them.
deleted
Several Monolith games coming off the back of F.E.A.R.

Tron 2.0
I grew up with the original Tron movie, so I might be slightly biased. But I love this one. The shooting feels a bit loose in comparison to other Monolith games. But the disc combat is enjoyable, the light cycles are really well handled, and the presentation is pitch perfect in every aspect. I still consider this canon over Legacy.

Blood
Probably my favorite Build Engine game. I adore horror, and this darkly comedic take on it feels just right. It really helps that the weapons and theme are incredibly original as well. Also planning on getting around to playing through Death Wish, given how many great things I've heard about that.

Planning on playing Blood II soon. I also recently found a copy of Kiss: Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child for cheap, so I'm hoping to get that working soon.
hurvl: I've only found multitools and lockpicks lying around or in crates, never heard of anyone selling them.
LOL, it appears I didn't realize or had forgotten that you can break the wooden crates with e.g. a crowbar, and find goodies inside. Now that I realized that, I found a couple more multitools and stuff from e.g. the docks where you start the game. Duh!

I had even dropped my crowbar somewhere from taking inventory space, thinking "is this supposed to be a weapon?". I got back to collect it to open the crates (albeit I presume many other melee weapons etc. can be used for that too?).
Post edited January 21, 2018 by timppu
ljyoun: Blood
Probably my favorite Build Engine game. I adore horror, and this darkly comedic take on it feels just right. It really helps that the weapons and theme are incredibly original as well.
Same here! Hell, I'd play it again now if I wasn't stuck with this trackpad. Enjoy it for me!
Patrician IV (not as bad as many consider it to be. Late part of the game is especially entertaining)

Kingdom: New Lands (a.k.a. Figure It Out Yourself: The Game)
Just single missions, random maps and custom maps in Cossacks - Back to War and Cossacks - Art of War. The Cossacks Anthology ("Cossacks 1") is always installed on my computer(s) and I seem to play it by spurts.

Been looking at and trying other games but nothing else tempts me right now. I could try installing something new but not sure what then and already have so many installed now.