It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

patrikc: Did you use any mods? I'm thinking about going back to the series, but I haven't tried neither Fixt, nor Restoration Project, although I've heard good things, especially about the latter. I usually install just the child patch for Fallout.
For Fallout 1 I apparently installed these according to some GOG recommendations, back in August 2016:

1. TeamX Patch 1.2
2. Fallout Children Patch
3. TeamX Patch 1.3.x
4. TeamX NPC Mod (f1npcmod)
5. High Resolution patch

For Fallout 2, I think I didn't install any extra fixes on top of what the GOG (Bethesda) version already has, but at the end of the game I wish I had installed the "Killap" patch because I encountered the "too many quest items" bug which made some areas inaccessible, e.g. I couldn't enter Chinatown in San Fransisco anymore, but luckily I had an old save game where I had not triggered the bug yet. Also some subquests were unsolvable because I didn't get some correct dialog options. These bugs have apparently been fixed by the "Killap" patch, so I'd really install it this time.

You didn't ask for Fallout Tactics, but I used the "Redux 1.3" mod with it. It fixed lots of irritating things in the game, but unfortunately it apparently altered the game a bit too (replacing some weapons and other stuff, and maybe making the game somewhat harder), but still with the fixes and workarounds it had, I think it was worth it.
Post edited January 04, 2018 by timppu
Thanks for the Delta Force tips. Yeah I usually try to find some high point from which to see everywhere, but unfortunately the game logic seems to be "if you can see them, they can see you" so quite often that also makes me easily detected. Not sure how much crouching etc. helps, I use them too.

I am unsure what are the enemies that are marked on the map, apparently known enemies known beforehand (recon), but on top of that there seems to be patrols which don't appear in the map view even if you see them.

Matewis: Do the patrols randomize? Uhm that's possible but I can't remember for sure. Most patrols I remember were the same each time. But for some reason I think that some might switch between 2 or 3 different routes on a restart.
In some missions this seems to be the case, e.g. in the Peru/Masquerade mission, if I just run forward from the beginning, sometime I see two enemies patrolling in front of me, sometimes one, sometimes none. But the main enemies which are visible in the map view (C) seem to be always the same.

And in the Chad/Exodus mission too, sometimes a couple of guys come from either side from the canyons quite soon at the start, sometimes not, even if I go to those small canyons, trying to find them. It seems quite random with those patrols. I guess it is good as it makes the game more challenging as you have to be on your toes with the randomized patrols.
Post edited January 04, 2018 by timppu
Bloodborne. Great as i expected, finally coherent level design again after DS 2, terrific.
Currently I'm playing in Spellforce 3 (I feel a bit disappointed with some solutions in the game, as well as with the fact that it was corrupted with political correctness "here and there", but overall it's surprisingly enjoyable game) and Warbanners (on my GPD Win). I've played in Serious Sam: Bogus Detour but I've left it for now due to my irritation with losing last level a couple of times (no save in-between level). But I will surely get back to it and finally finish it (it's one of the biggest suprirses for me in this year (pleasant one, to be more precise) and I won't give up until I'll complete entire game.
I started playing Gwent, even an interesting game. A nice change after HS, where random decided everything. At the same time I started to play Path of Exile, but this game is very complicated. I'm just learning how to use currency, and every orb is for something else.
I would like to finally finish the game at Never Hood, I played as a child, I'm stuck on a mission with a mouse.
i finished Nox....a very immersive and beautiful rpg that takes a lot of hours to be completed!!! now i've started playing crusader no remorse...let's see how it is.
patrikc:
timppu:
Thanks for replying.

Checked Petrell's website and apparently this is the recommended order:

Fallout 1.2 Patch (semi-official) - (v. 1.2.1rc3)
Fallout Unofficial Patch - (v. 1.3.5)
Fallout NPC mod - (v. 3.5)
No armor mod

Seems like the children animation is bundled with the 1.2.1rc3 (fallup121rc3) patch and enabled in the game.
From what I understand, v.1.2 of the patch (fallup12) had children support reenabled in the engine, but not the children graphics, hence the need for F1ChildPatch.

I don't recall encountering that bug in Fallout 2, though I know the game used to crash to desktop with some strange message about referenced memory and whatnot.

By the way, which game did you enjoy the most?
Post edited January 04, 2018 by patrikc
helmet15: i finished Nox....a very immersive and beautiful rpg that takes a lot of hours to be completed!!! now i've started playing crusader no remorse...let's see how it is.
Nice! I've heard a lot of good opinions. The game is somewhat forgotten.
Good luck with CNR!
Think I'm losing it.

Playing C&C 3, I hit a target, and the game says, "Good Work Commander!" at which point I actually said back to the computer, "Thank you!"
patrikc: I don't recall encountering that bug in Fallout 2, though I know the game used to crash to desktop with some strange message about referenced memory and whatnot.

By the way, which game did you enjoy the most?
I think the bug about not being able to go to some areas anymore was somehow triggered by too many (quest) items or something. It might have been related also to go sell your surplus stuff to same certain stores all the time, so they had too many items.

It would have been a game-breaking bug for me as then I couldn't exit San Fransisco at all anymore IIRC, ie. I couldn't have proceeded with the game. Luckily I had an older save game where the bug wasn't triggered...

I think I enjoyed the first game the most. The smaller size was more suitable for me and I loved the Alien Blaster. Fallout 2 was bigger (more locations, more subquests etc.) so I remember at some points feeling kinda overwhelmed by having to talk to so many persons in a new town and getting so many subquests.

I had high expectations for Fallout Tactics because it fixed the one thing that irritated the most about Fallout 1-2, ie. you couldn't directly control your companions. However, at least with the Redux mod, the difficulty level was questionable (save scumming was seriously needed), plus many things were nerfed seriously from Fallout 1-2, like critical hits to eyes etc. were far less lethal than in the earlier games.
I have been playing Pillars of Eternity and i have been enjoying going back to rpg's but this game is so linear and the times i don't go the linear way i spoil myself on quests... so yeah it's a game i will only play once, which makes me sad bacause i was expecting a great game :(

I other time i have discovered Warframe and it's been so much fun. I started with MAG and since i like telekinetic power, she has been really fun to play :D

And i also got to finish To the Moon which i loved and recommend to everyone, it's a great story. But i still want to play the free dlc's .
deleted
Finally got around to picking up Fire Pro Wrestling World. I'm mostly just downloading wrestlers from the community right now...
Killing Floor 2 (got boring pretty fast) and Rainbow Six Siege.
helmet15: i finished Nox....a very immersive and beautiful rpg that takes a lot of hours to be completed!!! now i've started playing crusader no remorse...let's see how it is.
ciemnogrodzianin: Nice! I've heard a lot of good opinions. The game is somewhat forgotten.
Good luck with CNR!
thy ;) and you? what game are u playing?
helmet15: i finished Nox....a very immersive and beautiful rpg that takes a lot of hours to be completed!!!
Fairfox: Yah!

I 'played' Her Story. It was not teh game I was expectin' it to be. I think I got confuzzled with teh title an' so I got quite teh surprise when it loaded. I didnt really get it. is there an actual game to it? I mean its liek make your own game, or at least set your own goals. eep, I need structure. i didnt have a paper 'n' pen ready (or inclination) which made thangs Slight Lee difficult. actin' was okies I guess, if it even matters. is it grippin'? initial accent threw me for some reason. she looked american, but wasnt.

is it worth comin' back to? at least I can dip in 'n' out.
well,in my opinion,when i started to play i expected that nox was like diablo!
Post edited January 05, 2018 by helmet15