It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

morolf: I've started playing Thief 2, now in Level 6. Will probably play through it on normal, then play through Thief 1 (haven't played that so far because it's supposedly less accessible), then play through Thief 2 on hard or expert mode.
Seems like a good game so far. Graphics are pretty ugly and the loot-collecting is somewhat tedious, but at least the levels are well-designed and quite impressive.
Thief 1 after Thief 2 will be a bit tough I think. I tried a playthrough of Thief 1 but the supernatural levels really put me. That and, to me at least, some truly confusing level design employed in several massive levels.
morolf: I've started playing Thief 2, now in Level 6. Will probably play through it on normal, then play through Thief 1 (haven't played that so far because it's supposedly less accessible), then play through Thief 2 on hard or expert mode.
Seems like a good game so far. Graphics are pretty ugly and the loot-collecting is somewhat tedious, but at least the levels are well-designed and quite impressive.
Matewis: Thief 1 after Thief 2 will be a bit tough I think. I tried a playthrough of Thief 1 but the supernatural levels really put me. That and, to me at least, some truly confusing level design employed in several massive levels.
Yes, I've noticed a lot of people seem to dislike parts of Thief 1 because of the use of monsters, ghosts etc. I'll still try it though.
I got pretty far in Broforce, but the autosave function can be frustrating, especially in the last(?) section. I was playing for over an hour and figured it might have saved at some point, but that wasn't the case. I came back to it the next day and the game had me starting the whole thing over. That kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. It might be a while before I give it another shot.

I completed Metal Slug 1 & 2 thanks to unlimited credits. I finished them with 20 and 21 credits respectively. Even with the slowdowns they're pretty fun games. The second game certainly has a lot more variety than the first.

I guess I'm really in a platformer kind of mood, because I've properly given Hollow Knight a go and I'm 10+ hours in. Pretty fun. Who would have thought insects could be considered adorable (i.e. the grubs)? I also like that the game doesn't really hold your hand. Exploration is the name of the game, although I wouldn't mind a slightly more detailed map. My only real gripe is that on occasion the game doesn't seem to register my button presses for some reason, which can be a bit frustrating when I have to make precision jumps.

I'm also currently trying out the (new) Battlefront 2 beta. Not bad. I actually like the space combat the best. It's actually more fun than in the old BF2; also, big ships actually explode and don't disappear into the ether here. They should make a game just with that. No, it's no X-Wing/Tie Fighter, but for this kind of multiplayer it works really well. The game also runs perfectly with everything cranked up on my Winbox. I'm not sure whether I'll get it right at launch, but that instant 20% discount for preorder with my Amazon Prime subscription has me very tempted. It'll probably the same silly thing as Andromeda: a code in a DVD-sized case that goes straight into recycling. Heh.
Post edited October 07, 2017 by mistermumbles
A lot of Warhammer 40K recently.
I finished DOW 2 now playing the co-op campaign with my brother.
I also just completed my DOW 1 Box collection :D ...Just need to finish the game sometime :P
Just got W40k Space Marine for the PS3 in today and so far tis great.

Also started the Uncharted series on my PS4 a few days ago.
Well, I beat Hollow Knight with a playtime of 25+1/2 hours with 90% completion. It's a pretty meaty game with quite a big and sprawling world. I got the "bad" ending since those extra side bosses are just a giant pain, so I watched the good ending on Youtube. *shrug* I've never liked the whole alternate endings bit in games, so I typically don't bother. Oh well. It still was a pretty fun game though. Lovely world and character design even if the color palette seems a bit drab overall.

Next up: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Grim Dawn before the expansion comes and Star Wars Starfighter.

Grim Dawn is what Diablo 3 should have been: dark, customization options, expansions that add new chapters and characters not just only one... I am having a blast with this game. And Starfighter is not bad but forgettable, not the game that I remember playing as a child.
I am playing Resident Evil 7. I just love this game because I like horror games.
I am playing this game since last 3 months. I have paid version of this game

I bought the resident evil 7 steam key from online.
Playing Spiderweb software's Exile 1: Escape from the Pit & Avernum 1 (2000). Trying to decide which game to keep playng.
Taking another goal at TES: Arena, as a Knight this time. I have been lucky with HP rolls so far (116 HP at level 6, and I haven't had to re-roll a level up yet).
Been playing Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. Might put it down for Hollow Knight when the new expansion hits.

Also playing Terraria on my Android Phone.
Just started playing TES Oblivion GOTY
It sucks you in immediately and you start dreaming about escaping that cell over and over again
After playing Skyrim for almost 200hours
Better Story Oblivion
Better Engine Skyrim
Since I finally finished Fallout Tactics yesterday, I've been thinking what single player game(s) to concentrate on next. On the other hand I feel I should try some other genres, but for some reason I keep thinking of either RPGs or RTS games so I guess they are still my favorite genres. I also have several games installed for a long time I have barely started (Empire Earth, Dark Reign, Delta Force), but I still felt I'd like to try something that I haven't really played yet.

Yesterday evening I installed these three, hoping for one of them to spark my interest:

Deus Ex (Thinking whether going vanilla or installing some mod.)

Divine Divinity (Just thinking that I should finally start playing the Divinity series, considering I've had the series games for so long.)

Gothic (This series needs my attention too, and also knowing this game apparently has issues on Windows 8/10, so I'd rather play it now that I have Windows 7 (and even XP) PCs to play it on.)

At the same time, I feel kinda frustrated that I keep looking only at quite old games. Maybe I should take some other game on the side that is at least relatively modern, like Crysis or FEAR or Dead Space. And yeah I was also thinking maybe I should just proceed from Fallout Tactics to Fallout 3...

So many games, so little time to play them all... I just hope I find something where I don't have to think twice whether to play it or not, but it totally captivates me and makes me forget all other games (even Team Fortress 2). Some games really are that good, but you never know beforehand and it might not be apparent when you first start playing, but the game grows on you.

Such games i remember from the past were e.g. Starcraft (duh!), Age of Empires 1-2, Age of Mythology, Half-life 1-2, Serious Sam + Second Encounter, Far Cry 1-2, GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Plants Vs Zombies, etc. I never had to "force" myself to play them, I kept thinking about most of them even when not playing them.
Post edited October 12, 2017 by timppu
Matewis: Thief 1 after Thief 2 will be a bit tough I think. I tried a playthrough of Thief 1 but the supernatural levels really put me. That and, to me at least, some truly confusing level design employed in several massive levels.
Yeah, I finished Thief 1 and 2 one or two years ago and I also felt the first game had some confusing and bad level design. Some of the levels didn't really feel like real places or buildings, some of the designs didn't make much sense, oddly placed bridges or corridors etc. I felt Thief 2 was better in that respect.

Also there were certain enemy types in Thief 1 that made the gameplay tedious on many levels. Zombies were one of them but there were a couple others too (I think they were supernatural too, like some ghosts). The only way to get rid of them was to use some holy water arrows or flash bombs or other objects that were pretty scarce overall, and sometimes just running or hiding from them wasn't a good option either as there were too many of them around.

I recall especially one level (Cathedral?) where I was standing on top of some stone block and below me were several zombies and those ghost soldiers moaning and trying to get me as they had detected me, and I really didn't know how to proceed. I didn't have any explosive or holy water arrows and I was running out of flash bombs so I couldn't get rid of them all either. Maybe I just outran them after several retries... With humans it was better, you could always try to knock them out from behind.

Thief 2 had less of such irritating enemies, IIRC there was only one zombie in the whole Thief 2. The only type of enemy I didn't like in Thief 2 were the helmet-wearing knights which couldn't be knocked out, so the only option was to avoid them altogether. I didn't like such forced sneaking avoidance, I rather tried to clear the levels so that I could search for loot in peace.

However, what I did like a lot in Thief 1 was its story and atmosphere. Thief 2 was also quite good in that respect, but not quite as good as the first one.
Post edited October 12, 2017 by timppu
You sound like you want to play Thief.... so maybe play The Dark Mod? http://www.thedarkmod.com/main/
Finished Hellbalde and have now moved on to Torment: Tides of Numenera.
Post edited October 12, 2017 by GR00T