It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not really playing any games atm. Most recent game played is Archeage Online though. It was damn fun but extremely p2w and time consuming, friendly reminder...
tinyE: I need to find something. I mean I have tons but I need to find the one that hits me just right right now.
From what I remember the game becomes quite excellent after the first one/two puzzles, and starts to tell a surprisingly gripping story. You just have to get past that early puzzle with rotating disks to open a chest/lockbox or something,.
I felt like loading up The Sims 4 after finishing Dark Souls 3 and I just purchased corpse party so I will play that soon.
Matewis: ...
timppu: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/199362-x-com-ufo-defense/49304840

Yeah, apparently there's not really much you can do about it. If that thread is to be believed, it doesn't even matter how many nations are still funding you, if you are able to get income otherwise. I already earlier manufactured masses of heavy lasers and sold them for profit, but apparently laser cannons are even more profitable.

I guess at this point I'll just stop caring about the funding nations, and just try to locate an alien commander in order to attack the Mars base (I think). Playing on Veteran, not sure if I want to later try Superhuman since the game has "happenings" you can't prevent no matter how well you play (like that infiltration thing).
Or check out TFTD if you want an even greater challenge! It's really similar, but it has it's own theme going, with new aliens, new crafts and new weapons. The terror-type missions and alien base assault missions have also been revamped. Now included are the epic shipping lane missions, which can take half a day to complete :P
It looks like it can be played with openxcom too in some way.
Matewis: Or check out TFTD if you want an even greater challenge! It's really similar, but it has it's own theme going, with new aliens, new crafts and new weapons. The terror-type missions and alien base assault missions have also been revamped. Now included are the epic shipping lane missions, which can take half a day to complete :P
It looks like it can be played with openxcom too in some way.
I've actually played TFTD a very long time ago, 10-15 years ago. Not that far, but some. I don't even recall why I jumped to it from playing the first game, was it maybe related to me learning that the first game had the bug where it would always revert back to beginner difficulty level, so TFTD was the only X-Com game to play with some challenge? Or did TFTD have the same bug?

In X-Com, now I've researched everything I could, I have Avenger fighters and even have the option to go to Cydonia already now. Not sure if I just should go for it already now. I have about 20 pretty seasoned soldiers where I've weeded out the ones with bad PSI resistance (ie. the soldiers which seemed to panic or get controlled by aliens, I just sacked them as soon as possible and recruited a new one). I've even went to Cydonia once to just see what it looks like.

The only thing is that I've barely started PSI training in the game. I have two PSI labs ready so 20 soldiers have now had their first month of PSI training, and I also have some PSI amps. Anyway, I understood that in Cydonia you don't necessarily need PSI training nor PSI amps, as long as your soldiers are resistant to PSI?

While I am playing OpenXCom only on veteran level, I'm at the same time both addicted and exhausted with the game. I started playing it on Veteran (instead of Superhuman) to kinda learn the ropes and later play it on Superhuman, but now I don't even want to think about replaying the game... At the same time though, I'd like to retry many things differently now with all the information I have, ie. what to research first, where to put and how many bases in the beginning, which facilities to build ASAP etc.
Post edited May 01, 2016 by timppu
timppu: I've actually played TFTD a very long time ago, 10-15 years ago. Not that far, but some. I don't even recall why I jumped to it from playing the first game, was it maybe related to me learning that the first game had the bug where it would always revert back to beginner difficulty level, so TFTD was the only X-Com game to play with some challenge? Or did TFTD have the same bug?

In X-Com, now I've researched everything I could, I have Avenger fighters and even have the option to go to Cydonia already now. Not sure if I just should go for it already now. I have about 20 pretty seasoned soldiers where I've weeded out the ones with bad PSI resistance (ie. the soldiers which seemed to panic or get controlled by aliens, I just sacked them as soon as possible and recruited a new one). I've even went to Cydonia once to just see what it looks like.

The only thing is that I've barely started PSI training in the game. I have two PSI labs ready so 20 soldiers have now had their first month of PSI training, and I also have some PSI amps. Anyway, I understood that in Cydonia you don't necessarily need PSI training nor PSI amps, as long as your soldiers are resistant to PSI?

While I am playing OpenXCom only on veteran level, I'm at the same time both addicted and exhausted with the game.
I know that feeling :) Both games used to have some weird bugs, including one or two really game breaking ones, but those have been long fixed. There used to be one where if you researched a specific tech without having another specific item in your inventory, then part of the research tree would become locked, including techs you need to win the game :P

Yeah you don't really need mind control to win Cydonia, only good psi resistance. If you want to train one/two soldier's psi skills before you go to Cydonia then you could do a couple of reaction training missions. It's a bit of a bore, but will make the final mission a lot easier. Basically you have to look for muton UFOs and then kill all of them at the landing/crash site save a few. The remaining ones you then mind control (one by one) and move onto a square with a laser pistol, a few squares away from a firing squad of your own soldiers (some crouched + some standing behind them) all equipped with the basic pistol and two clips. Then just wait for the muton to snap out of the mind control. He should pick up the pistol and start firing at your soldiers. As long as your soldiers have that flying armour they should be safe (from what I can remember) and each will then react-fire to the muton's attack. The pistols do do a little bit of damage to the muton's tough armour, and will eventually kill it, so two/three mutons are needed. There's a limit to how much you can train the reactions stat this way during a mission, just like with all other stats, and it's about 3-5 I think.

The Cydonia mission wasn't that hard from what I can remember. I recall using MC a lot and simply shooting the whole base to hell with a blaster launcher. I'd like to try out openxcom myself one of these days, but I'm going to consider trying to do it without MC. It's my only real complaint about the game. It becomes way too easy once you can MC aliens, and in TFTD too :P

timppu: I started playing it on Veteran (instead of Superhuman) to kinda learn the ropes and later play it on Superhuman, but now I don't even want to think about replaying the game... At the same time though, I'd like to retry many things differently now with all the information I have, ie. what to research first, where to put and how many bases in the beginning, which facilities to build ASAP etc.
Perhaps that then makes TFTD idea because of the mix of old+new? :)
Warlords Battlecry 3

I don't like that the hero's promotions got dumbed down considerably but I'm enjoying the campaign mode so far.
timppu: ...
Well you've done it now :P I couldn't resist trying out openxcom for myself. I'm about 1/5 way into an ironman run, which just bit me in the ass. An entire 10-man squad was taken out trying to stop an alien terror mission. That'll teach me to lump my soldiers together. A single alien grenade took out 5 of them, and caused 3 other to panic. The remaining soldiers, captain included, bravely tried to fight off 4 Chryssalids. The battle ended with the sapper taking out 3 Chryssalids with a high explosive pack, the heavy weapons guy auto blasting another Chryssalid to death with his laser rifle and the captain trying to kill whatever he can with his heavy laser (never going to use it again that's for sure). The heavy weapons guy was the last to fall as he was running with a dead medic's kit to try and save a fatally injured sergeant.
tinyE: I need to find something. I mean I have tons but I need to find the one that hits me just right right now.
Giants: Citizen Kabuto ?
Nothing atm, but played some of Oddworld: New n Tasty recently.
Shadow of mordor

I was enjoying this game, until the posion the grog mission. 'MISSION FAILED' start again, and again and again. I'm not really into stealth games, but it seems every game these days has to have stealth, even life is strange [ep5]

Same I was enjoying far cry 3, then found myself on a mission with loads of rocks in my pocket, kill x people without being dectected 'MISSION FAILED' oh feckoff with this stealth shite.

Why can't games be like Dishonored, let me complete the game anyway I want.

All the best
Completed Saints Row 4 a couple of days ago. It was fun while it lasted, but I doubt I'd ever play it again; not with Saints Row 3 being the superior game in pretty much every way.

Anyway, I'm onto VtM Bloodlines now. It's only my second play-through ever. My first was over a decade ago. So far so good. :)
It's called life, and it is a shitty one :P
mistermumbles: Completed Saints Row 4 a couple of days ago. It was fun while it lasted, but I doubt I'd ever play it again; not with Saints Row 3 being the superior game in pretty much every way.

Anyway, I'm onto VtM Bloodlines now. It's only my second play-through ever. My first was over a decade ago. So far so good. :)
I know what you mean. I have a hard time ever going back to Saints Row 4. 2 was the highlight of the series for me.

With regards to the OP's question, I am between Doom 3: BFG edition, Super Noah's Ark 3D, and Ronin.
Rimworld again. I had a colonist die from hypothermia because I was too stupid to have him wear clothes when it was freezing outside. Or maybe he was too stupid to find some clothes to wear. Maybe both.