It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HANZ3R: [Political.]
Interesting. I tried to google the game but I can’t find where to download. Decided to go to duck duck go and the dev came up as the first result.

[Modded - refrain from discussing politics.]
Post edited September 16, 2022 by Clownski_
dtgreene: Worth noting that FF12: Revenant Wings is actually a spin-off. It appears to be an RTSRPG, and it's for the Nintendo DS, unlike mainline FF12 which is a PS2 RPG with an MMO-styled battle system (but isn't actually an MMO).
I didn't notice that. I guess I'll get Nintendo DS, it doesn't seem to be too expensive nowadays and there are a few games on this platform that I'd like to play. Well, that and my plan to play through every Final Fantasy at some point, although I didn't yet decide whether to try FF MMOs or not.

_Auster_: Despite there being quite a few games from Square Enix I like, I don't really trust them for making games, much less sequels, prequels and spin-offs. "<.<

And beware it's a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XII, so if you didn't play it yet, you'll probably miss a lot of stuff, and get a lot of spoilers from the first game.

And a tip: if a boss it too hard, maybe you'd want to spam flying units at it while you keep your leaders at a safe distance.
Thanks for the reply.

I checked wikipedia and it seems they made quite a few good games, but I guess that's subjective so I won't speak for you. :) I'll definitely play FF XII first, I have a thing for playing series from start to finish.

Actually now that I mentioned it, I dropped my plan to play the shit out of ARPGs and decided to finally start my Might & Magic series playthrough. I'm at first one and surprisingly it's quite a lot of fun, especially since I can listen to whatever music I like since there's not much in the way of sounds in this game. It's surprising how well some game soundtracks go with this game.
AustereDreamX: I didn't notice that. I guess I'll get Nintendo DS, it doesn't seem to be too expensive nowadays and there are a few games on this platform that I'd like to play. Well, that and my plan to play through every Final Fantasy at some point, although I didn't yet decide whether to try FF MMOs or not.
If I may suggest, and if you can afford it, I'd go for the 3DS, since it's backwards compatible with Nintendo DS games, as well as having the entire 3DS library available.
The only downside about backwards compatibility that I can think of is that, if you wanted to play Game Boy (or was it GBA) cartridges, between the DS and the 3DS, you can only do so on the DS.
AustereDreamX: Actually now that I mentioned it, I dropped my plan to play the shit out of ARPGs and decided to finally start my Might & Magic series playthrough. I'm at first one and surprisingly it's quite a lot of fun, especially since I can listen to whatever music I like since there's not much in the way of sounds in this game. It's surprising how well some game soundtracks go with this game.
In MM2, you should turn off the sounds from within the game, as the sounds slow down combat; this is especially important when you're fighting over 100 enemies in one battle (and I believe you can't change the setting during battle).

MM3 and onward have background music, on the other hand.

AustereDreamX: I didn't notice that. I guess I'll get Nintendo DS, it doesn't seem to be too expensive nowadays and there are a few games on this platform that I'd like to play. Well, that and my plan to play through every Final Fantasy at some point, although I didn't yet decide whether to try FF MMOs or not.
_Auster_: If I may suggest, and if you can afford it, I'd go for the 3DS, since it's backwards compatible with Nintendo DS games, as well as having the entire 3DS library available.
The only downside about backwards compatibility that I can think of is that, if you wanted to play Game Boy (or was it GBA) cartridges, between the DS and the 3DS, you can only do so on the DS.
There's another:

There are a few games, released late in the DS's lifespan, that are "DSi Enchanced". These can use extra features of the Nintendo DSi, but unfortunately, this means they're region locked if you try to play them on a DSi or 3DS. On the original DS or DS Lite (the versions with the GBA slot intact), on the other hand, the region lock is not enforced, since the earlier DSes had none.
Post edited September 11, 2022 by dtgreene
AustereDreamX: Do you enjoy it? Is it enjoyable without paying for voluntary subscription?

I've read reviews from both sides of the fence and it seems generally people agree that subscription is pretty much a must have to enjoy the game fully.
It's a great game if you like Elder Scrolls but without a sub it's kinda pointless. You get swarmed with materials for crafting in the game and without the crafting bag you get as a sub your inventory is getting filled up constantly. So only play if you're willing to pay for the sub.
These days I am into Grim Dawn, Middle-Earth - Shadow Of Mordor and Warhammer - Chaosbane.
Having finished The Prestige Tree Rewritten, I'm now playing through the Classic version, and there are definitely some differences. It feels like the early game is faster in Rewritten, but the mid game is faster in Classic.
Moving between ScourgeBringer on PC and Slayers on SNES.
ScourgeBringer seems to have good battle and exploration flow, and Slayers is your usual SNES RPG, but so far with the same humor as the series with the same name that the game comes from.
Replaying Might and Magic II for the first time in over 30 years! It's great when you have as much fun playing a game as you remember having had so long ago!
After a short pause from playing games, I'm playing Crusader Kings II as king of Sardinia and Corsica. I got bored with Ironman playthroughs where you have to stick to the rules all the time (so many rules in this one) and I decided to play a "cheaty" playthrough with all 7 spot holdings etc. So far I'm having a blast with it, I think I'll try more "cheaty" playthroughs in the future.
I finished my playthrough of Crusader Kings II, a cheaty playthrough as I pointed out in my previous post, but I had so much fun with it that from now on I'm gonna consider it a new guilty pleasure of mine. Unfortunately I still don't own EU4 and CKII to EU3 converter simply doesn't work, so I couldn't continue my adventures as a king of Sardinia and Corsica. Well, maybe next time.

I've been switching games a lot lately, but now it's back to hack'n'slash genre, starting with Sacred playthrough. It's one of the first hack'n'slash games I played and I already finished it a couple of times, the most fun I had was when playing as a Battle Mage. So far I didn't try playing as Vampiress and the guides I found seem to point out that she's an overpowered character. Even though I'm not overly enthusiastic about having to switch between knight and vampire modes every few minutes, I think I'll still give it a try this time.
Currently playing The Communitree!.

The game does get rather interesting later on (I like the Candy Box crossover section), but it has the drawback that you need to get through some parts that may be less interesting first.

I think somebody should make a mod that allows you to just play a section of the game by itself without having to play through the whole thing up to that point.
viperfdl: Lovecraft's Untold Stories
Immortal Redneck
Batman: Arkham Origins
Have finished Origins and played through Arkham Knight since that post and am now playing additionally Shadow of Mordor.
Playing True Infinity, and just notices I currently have 3.14e15 infinity points. (Too bad it's not 3.14e159, a number that can realistically show up in this sort of game.)
These days I'm in the Secret Files adventure series.