It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CthuluIsSpy: Getting into EU4. I tried playing it before as England and I got really lost so I dropped it.
Then I started as Spain and it was so much easier to get into.

In true Paradox fashion the world map isn't at all historically accurate. Austria owns Burgundy, England has colonies in Colombia and Friesland tried making colonies in Colombia and Florida but I kicked them out because I wanted those. Portugal somehow got over to La Plata. I don't know how because you need huge colonization range, but the AI was probably cheating.
I'm actually waiting for a bit of a discount before I purchase EU4 and I can't wait for it. Did you know that you can import your CK2 game into EU4? In fact, you can play a "Grand campaign" of Imperator > Crusader Kings 2 > Europa Universalis 4 > Victoria2 > Hearts of Iron 4. Amazing stuff.
CthuluIsSpy: Getting into EU4. I tried playing it before as England and I got really lost so I dropped it.
Then I started as Spain and it was so much easier to get into.

In true Paradox fashion the world map isn't at all historically accurate. Austria owns Burgundy, England has colonies in Colombia and Friesland tried making colonies in Colombia and Florida but I kicked them out because I wanted those. Portugal somehow got over to La Plata. I don't know how because you need huge colonization range, but the AI was probably cheating.
AustereDreamX: I'm actually waiting for a bit of a discount before I purchase EU4 and I can't wait for it. Did you know that you can import your CK2 game into EU4? In fact, you can play a "Grand campaign" of Imperator > Crusader Kings 2 > Europa Universalis 4 > Victoria2 > Hearts of Iron 4. Amazing stuff.
Yeah you can, but you need a DLC for it. I like Paradox's games, but their business model sucks.
How do you move data from Imperator to CK2 and EU to Victoria 2? I don't see the DLC for that. I know there's one for CK2 to EU4 but that's 10 euros and that seems a bit much to me, especially when you consider the other DLC.
AustereDreamX: I'm actually waiting for a bit of a discount before I purchase EU4 and I can't wait for it. Did you know that you can import your CK2 game into EU4? In fact, you can play a "Grand campaign" of Imperator > Crusader Kings 2 > Europa Universalis 4 > Victoria2 > Hearts of Iron 4. Amazing stuff.
CthuluIsSpy: Yeah you can, but you need a DLC for it. I like Paradox's games, but their business model sucks.
How do you move data from Imperator to CK2 and EU to Victoria 2? I don't see the DLC for that. I know there's one for CK2 to EU4 but that's 10 euros and that seems a bit much to me, especially when you consider the other DLC.
I found converters under this link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/wiki/converters/

I see it's even possible to export HoI4 game to Stellaris or Defcon, although apparently it's in "highly experimental" stage.
Post edited September 06, 2022 by AustereDreamX
Playing in GOG: Gateway Trilogy to activate my brain a bit.
I finished TES: Arena today and I feel my need for Elder Scrolls games satiated, at least for a while. Now it's on to another big passion of mine, namely ARPGs. I'm going to start with Path of Exile playthrough, as for one reason or another I never managed to finish that one, not to mention get into end-game content. I'm going to use a beginner's guide for Toxic Rain Champion.

https://poe-beginner-guide.com/toxic-rain-champion/overview/

After that it's going to be my favorite ARPG at the moment: Grim Dawn.
Post edited September 07, 2022 by AustereDreamX
Lovecraft's Untold Stories
Immortal Redneck
Batman: Arkham Origins
Elder Scrolls Online: High Isles

Eso is actually a pretty damn good MMO and is out and playable unlike ES6.
jepsen1977: Elder Scrolls Online: High Isles

Eso is actually a pretty damn good MMO and is out and playable unlike ES6.
Do you enjoy it? Is it enjoyable without paying for voluntary subscription?

I've read reviews from both sides of the fence and it seems generally people agree that subscription is pretty much a must have to enjoy the game fully.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. I am Aeon on my way to becoming a Devil.
Playing The Prestige Tree Rewritten, and am pretty far in it.

The game has an interesting history:
* Prestige Tree Classic is released (though the word "Classic" would be added to the title later).
* Someone else modified the source to create The Modding Tree, a version of the engine that's easy to mod
* Original Prestige Tree author rewrites the game as a Modding Tree mod.
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, and it's being, surprisingly, mostly fun.
_Auster_: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, and it's being, surprisingly, mostly fun.
Do you mean you are surprised that this particular game is fun, or that you are surprised that Final Fantasy game in general is fun?

From what I'd read it got mostly very good reviews. I'm asking because I look forward to playing it, after I finish earlier ones that is.
_Auster_: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, and it's being, surprisingly, mostly fun.
AustereDreamX: Do you mean you are surprised that this particular game is fun, or that you are surprised that Final Fantasy game in general is fun?

From what I'd read it got mostly very good reviews. I'm asking because I look forward to playing it, after I finish earlier ones that is.
Worth noting that FF12: Revenant Wings is actually a spin-off. It appears to be an RTSRPG, and it's for the Nintendo DS, unlike mainline FF12 which is a PS2 RPG with an MMO-styled battle system (but isn't actually an MMO).
[Political.]
Post edited September 16, 2022 by Clownski_
AustereDreamX: Do you mean you are surprised that this particular game is fun, or that you are surprised that Final Fantasy game in general is fun?

Despite there being quite a few games from Square Enix I like, I don't really trust them for making games, much less sequels, prequels and spin-offs. "<.<

And beware it's a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XII, so if you didn't play it yet, you'll probably miss a lot of stuff, and get a lot of spoilers from the first game.

And a tip: if a boss it too hard, maybe you'd want to spam flying units at it while you keep your leaders at a safe distance.