It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silverhawk170485: I'm currently playing Culures 2. It's a very nice mix of Settlers and The Sims. You can say "Settlers Extended" to it.

Every settler is unique and has his/her needs like a home, something to eat, sleep, marriage and so on. Also every settler has to be managed seperately. It means a lot micro management. That makes the gameplay ab bit slower compared to other games in this genere, but you're going to love every settler of your clan, knowing him/her by his/her unique name. It's not like having a lot of anonymous workers.

I also tried the latest game of the series "8th Wonder of the World", but I ran into some issues. Maybe that's because I'm playing it on my Mac with an emulation program (Wine) and this program causes those issues or maybe it's a problem with the game itself. I can't say for sure. But Culures 2 runs fine on my Mac with Wine and I'm really enjoying it. :)
It's kinda funny that i never played any settlers game but did play cultures 1,2 back when bravo screenfun was around and i also beaten northland not too long ago thanks to gog for offering the game here,i even didn't know there was a continuation of the game after cultures 2. 8th wonder of the world i still have to play properly still didn't play the first campaign. I say that the campaign is quite well done in the cultures series, even northland surprised me after years of not playing cultures and the single player maps also aren't bad across all cultures.
Also after cultures 2 the game is basicly the same in buildings.
Saints Row : The Third - replaying it co-op this time. Was thinking to go for 100% steam achievs but after seeing the challenges quickly changed my mind(so much more grindy than SR4). But the game sure is much better when you dont bother with doing said challenges.

Mass Effect 2 - Replaying the Original Trilogy yet again just to make the comparison with Andromeda or to be more precise "See how a good soundtrack make all the difference, Bioware Montreal!"

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - made the mistake to buy it while on sale( I knew what I was getting since I tried it with Origin Access) and still cant understand why they added the force combat and the skill tree for movement ... it really makes you feel that you have to focus on main story 1st and once done then you bother with all the parkour missions.. which is bloody wrong.

Borderlands 2 - Another game that I replay for N-th time though this time I'm trying to get all location specific challenges(with use of a guide ofc though rarely bother to use direct screenshots)
Stick War which takes little under an hour to finish and is awesome!
Morrowind with mods, and loving it!
Cookie Clicker has gotten an update, so I am playing that now. I am continuing from my old save (the new additions seem to be mostly endgames stuff, but I did get a bunch of new achievements immediately on loading, which in turn gave me a nice production boost.)

Unfortunately, the Pantheon minigame isn't working properly for me.

Edit: It works fine in Chromium, but not Firefox. Unfortunately, I already wasted 2 swaps in Firefox, and due to the way it works, I would have to wait way too long (16 hours) to recharge if I used the 3rd swap. Also, I don't have access to Grimoire (which allows you to cast spells) because I only got one sugar lump (which I used to unlock Pantheon) and won't get another until tomorrow.
Post edited July 27, 2017 by dtgreene
Stickwar 2 and it's pretty fun. Definitely need more stick games.
Attachments:
stickwar2.jpg (197 Kb)
Hopefully Persona 5 all weekend.

Level 54, have so many personas I want to fuse and not enough yen to fuse them and then buy them back. So I'm doing some grinding / farming cash.
Silverhawk170485: I'm currently playing Culures 2. It's a very nice mix of Settlers and The Sims. You can say "Settlers Extended" to it.
Great choice! I played through Cultures 2 last year, shortly before my computer died. It was a lot of fun, even though the micromanagement aspect occasionally got laborious. The game I'd really like to play right now is Settlers 3, but getting it to run properly has always been a headache.

~~~

I currently have Constructor, Diablo 2, Dungeon Keeper 1, Settlers 2, and Theme Hospital installed on my laptop.
In a way this second playthrough of Fallout Tactics (with the Redux 1.3 mod) is more relaxed than the previous one because I now know what to expect, what perks to pick, which are the important skills etc., so I kinda run faster through most missions. I'm now on the 5th or 6th mission I think.

Now my team mates are on level 10, really looking forward to get to levels 12 and 14 because then some very important perks become available. I've been withholding picking up any perks before that.

Overall my team seems to be doing a bit better than on the previous playthrough, probably because I now know better how to play properly (like how to use the Overwatch-mode in the turn-based combat, I can't believe I didn't know that before, no wonder I had problems in many combat situations) and they have a bit better attributes too, but still I feel a bit miffed how occasionally even mere raiders can both outsnipe me (hit me with a hunting rifle when I still can't aim at them that well with the same weapon), and doing 50 points of damage to me while I mostly do something like 5-15 damage to them with the same weapons. It just feels I can't generally fight them head-on on open field, unless there is maybe one enemy against my whole team. They just keep doing much more damage to me.

But at least I now know what weapons and gear to look for at some point (now using hunting rifles, next important weapon will be the MX14 sniper rifles, and then Plasma Rifles and maybe one or two Gauss rifles (as they have even better range than MX14), oh and maybe two should use rocket launchers too with explosive rockets (to hit enemies which are hiding behind corners). That's about it, sure there will be Pulse rifles and such but they are not much better and have a lower range than plasma rifles.

That is one thing that feels different from e.g. Fallout 1-2 combat. There getting access to new kinds of weapons and armor really mattered. Power armor really made you withstand damage so much better, and getting some pulse ot gauss rifles, let alone the alien blaster really mattered and made you a true killing machine. And performing successful aimed shots at enemy's eyes or head did MASSIVE damage.

In Fallout Tactics everything just seems seriously nerfed down. New weapons cause measly more little damage (you make 15 points of damage instead of 12, whee, matters a lot when enemies have 200 HP or more). Or getting advanced power armor... many robots can still kill you with one or two shots, no matter what armor you wear.

Maybe this is because this is more of a tactical combat game than a true RPG, so that's why new gear and levellling up doesn't have quite the same oomph as in Fallout 1-2. Otherwise the later missions would feel too easy, I guess. Still, I miss that feel of power from the earlier Fallout games.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by timppu

Every settler is unique and has his/her needs like a home, something to eat, sleep, marriage and so on. Also every settler has to be managed seperately. It means a lot micro management. That makes the gameplay ab bit slower compared to other games in this genere, but you're going to love every settler of your clan, knowing him/her by his/her unique name. It's not like having a lot of anonymous workers.
Sounds intriguing. What happens if you don't micromanage each one of them? Do they made bad/random decisions, or just stay idle until you remember they exist?

Would you recommend playing the first installment before trying Cultures 2?

Caesar.: Sounds intriguing. What happens if you don't micromanage each one of them? Do they made bad/random decisions, or just stay idle until you remember they exist?

Would you recommend playing the first installment before trying Cultures 2?
Settlers you don't assign to a workplace are civilians and do nothing but standing around, eating and sleeping. Unassigned Settlers don't really make sense, even if every workplace is occupied at the moment, because you can also assign them as carriers who carry different stuff from one place to another. For example the corn from the farm to the mill and the flour from the mill to the bakery. This speeds up the production process.

If you don't assign a settler to his/her own home they don't recover that good when they are sleepy. And you need homes to make babys. The funny thing is that you can even choose which gender the baby has.
The difference between male and female is that the females are only there to run the household and making babys. A bit sexist on this point. ;)

You have a mighty tool in form of a window where you can manage your Settlers. There you can filter them according different critera, for example what kind of work they do, married or not married, assigned to a home or not, and so on.

I didn't play every part too. But the series has a campaign with a story and a main character. I realized in later parts there is the same character but now he has a wife and son, also as main characters. I think that the story spans over the whole series and continues with every part but it didn't really feels necessary to play every part to know what is going on in the part you are playing right now. Every part has it's completed story.
I also have to say that the first part isn't that userfriendly like the other parts and the gameplay is much slower, even with time acceleration.
So I would say it is not really neccessary to play tha first part, only if you want to hear/see the whole story.
Post edited July 28, 2017 by Silverhawk170485
Silverhawk170485: ...
Thanks, sounds really interesting.
Might and Magic Book One.
Wish me luck! Graph paper in hand.
Battle Brothers, fun game.
Needs a bit more variety in the types of arrows etc, the ability to light up the night battles would of been good.
Via torch or flame arrows, but other than that not much to moan about.
The art style is cool, glad they never got around to legs, much nicer this way.
Ramp up the difficulty and it's way more fun, crap loads of deaths early game, but meat shields are cheap.
Money spent on throwing axes to weaken seems to be working well, at least to get rid of shields before closing in.
Not so keen on javelins so far.....enjoying it tho.
I finished Rogue Trooper a while ago. It was enjoyable but also quite forgettable. I don't think I'll bother with the upcoming Redux version. I also played through Braid. Some of the time-fuckery almost did my head in, but I completed it 100%. The whole story bit seems so divorced from the actual gameplay it seems rather pointless in its oddity.

Right now I'm working on Dex. Got it as a freebie a while ago. It's actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. :) After that, I'll either finally tackle Bastion or Darwinia.