It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

any idea why epic store has no better features?
high rated
elgonzo: Yeah, while pre-order fans often reap what they sow, it's good for a change to see someone who really and unapologetically likes being served unfinished products of questionable quality. Someones pile of shit is someone elses pile of gold, right?

Finally someone who knows not to bite the hand that feeds them. I mean, Devotion the game is really not that important in the grand scheme of things, but good on you for having figured out your place in the world.
XVX777: Hah, that's not really what I said. I buy games after they've come out, when they've gotten cheaper, and received updates, because I'm aware of other people's odd habit of wanting to buy shit at 'launch', as if that makes a difference. As a consequence of that, game devs rush out their games to meet arbitrary dates, and then whine in forums when they're unfinished or rushed. It's a circle jerk, and I'm not participating.

Secondly, Devotion IS NOT important in the grand scheme of things. It's laughable to see neckbeards rage out and go all black panther about something so insignificant. You can wake me up when companies bowing to the Chinese has actual consequences that I would care about. If you haven't forgotten about this important issue by then, that is.
First of all, people having principles is a good thing. It doesn't make them "neck beards". I personally know people in Asia, am engaged to a woman from Asia and grew up with a love for Hong Kong culture. You may not care, because you're a piece of shit that doesn't care about human rights, but know thankfully there are people that aren't like you. I notice you're in Germany. Imagine someone saying the same sort of thing about a company that bowed to the Nazis. I guess if you were around during that time you still wouldn't care. Get lost, prick.
XVX777: Hah, that's not really what I said. I buy games after they've come out, when they've gotten cheaper, and received updates, because I'm aware of other people's odd habit of wanting to buy shit at 'launch', as if that makes a difference. As a consequence of that, game devs rush out their games to meet arbitrary dates, and then whine in forums when they're unfinished or rushed. It's a circle jerk, and I'm not participating.

Secondly, Devotion IS NOT important in the grand scheme of things. It's laughable to see neckbeards rage out and go all black panther about something so insignificant. You can wake me up when companies bowing to the Chinese has actual consequences that I would care about. If you haven't forgotten about this important issue by then, that is.
Shiznown: First of all, people having principles is a good thing. It doesn't make them "neck beards". I personally know people in Asia, am engaged to a woman from Asia and grew up with a love for Hong Kong culture. You may not care, because you're a piece of shit that doesn't care about human rights, but know thankfully there are people that aren't like you. I notice you're in Germany. Imagine someone saying the same sort of thing about a company that bowed to the Nazis. I guess if you were around during that time you still wouldn't care. Get lost, prick.
I didnt say china is bad but their government is satan
Post edited December 29, 2020 by toupz111
low rated

Shiznown: First of all, people having principles is a good thing. It doesn't make them "neck beards". I personally know people in Asia, am engaged to a woman from Asia and grew up with a love for Hong Kong culture. You may not care, because you're a piece of shit that doesn't care about human rights, but know thankfully there are people that aren't like you. I notice you're in Germany. Imagine someone saying the same sort of thing about a company that bowed to the Nazis. I guess if you were around during that time you still wouldn't care. Get lost, prick.
Wow, that's certainly a terrible human rights violation, having some third rate, dime-a-dozen, first person ripoff horror game removed from a store. Like I said, it's hilarious how many people take this that seriously, including you. Plus, I'd really like to know if there is some evidence that actually proves that the EVIL GOVERNMENT of China was responsible for this ban, and not GOG as a company responding to complaints from pro-government Chinese customers, as was the case with Steam. Because so far all I've heard is bullshit from neckbeards and really hardcore rebels that put Winnie the Pooh in their avatar or something.

Have I also mentioned that I think it's comical to expect high morals from companies? ANY company will do shady stuff if they can get away with it, some just do it more openly, that's all. Don't know what fantasy world you're living in if you think otherwise.

Plus, you can't really tell me to get lost, considering we're not physically interacting, just by the way.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by XVX777
XVX777: Wow, that's certainly a terrible human rights violation, having some third rate, dime-a-dozen, first person ripoff horror game removed from a store. Like I said, it's hilarious how many people take this that seriously, including you. Plus, I'd really like to know if there is some evidence that actually proves that the EVIL GOVERNMENT of China was responsible for this ban, and not GOG as a company responding to complaints from pro-government Chinese customers, as was the case with Steam. Because so far all I've heard is bullshit from neckbeards and really hardcore rebels that put Winnie the Pooh in their avatar or something.

Have I also mentioned that I think it's comical to expect high morals from companies? ANY company will do shady stuff if they can get away with it, some just do it more openly, that's all. Don't know what fantasy world you're living in if you think otherwise.

Plus, you can't really tell me to get lost, considering we're not physically interacting, just by the way.
How many books burnt by your grandfather were Shakespearean masterpieces?
They didn't lose trust, it's par for the course for any modern AAA title, so it's almost expected these days.
Post edited December 30, 2020 by anzial
Fix Cyberpunk 2077 to the point where it can run on a budget gpu like what they did with Arkham Knight on the PC.
low rated
Shiznown: I notice you're in Germany. Imagine someone saying the same sort of thing about a company that bowed to the Nazis.
Most big companies that still exists in Germany (or Austria) and have existed in that time have bowed to the Nazis. And many of them not only bowed, they took advantage. The success and wealth of companies like BMW, Volkswagen, Dr Oetker, Thyssen, Krupp came from collaborating with the Nazis, using slave labour, supplying death camps and the Wehrmacht. They are trying to keep this under the rug to this day of course. Just have a look at the edit wars in their Wikipedia entries.

I personally try to avoid products from companies where I know for sure they are built on blood and pain. And that really limits the options in many fields. And lets not forget foreign companies like IBM which made a fortune selling the "computers" that made the Holocaust convenient. Or maybe google the businesses of Prescott Bush did with the Nazis, even after the war had broken out. And many other American companies.

There are a few exceptions, like the then manager of Carl-Zeiss, Hinrich, who found hundreds of reason to delay, lose, forget Nazi requests, and of course Schindler. But those are rare exceptions. Fact is, if you buy a product of a German company with a history, chances are, you're supporting the descendants of Nazis and Nazi collaborators, and while today's management probably aren't Nazis in any way, the foundations of these companies are built on blood and suffering.

Now, comparing this dimension to GOG deciding not to release a single game is - in my eyes - completely absurd. It not only fails to understand the hows and whys international business is based on, it also completely neglects the monstrosity of the Nazi regime and their capitalist friends. Many of the latter are (per descendants) still in business and very popular today.
"it also completely neglects the monstrosity of the Nazi regime "
The worst part of the holocaust was that it wasn't a monstrosity in your culture. It was just, daily life to the Germans. The banality of evil.

Capitalist friends... lol. I'm pretty sure the Palestinian Mufti wasn't a capitalist - but he was a good friend of Hitler as were most of the Arab countries and Japan. You know who was an evil Capitalist? the USA and the UK.

Only morons give an inch of their freedom. And only the children of book-burners would so casually dismiss this kind of infringement.
Anakin-Skywalker: But the question is, what can they do to restore trust, and is just fixing the game going to do that? I fear that for a lot of people CDPR just shattered that trust because of poor management and greedy corpos, can it ever regain it in your eyes or will it be relegated to another Bethesda or Ubisoft in your eyes?

Let me know your thoughts
I was never really a fan of CDPR's own games like The Witcher series, and have no interest in Cyberpunk 2077. For me, it's all about the GOG store and the team in charge of it and they haven't really lost my trust. They just gained it actually, I just moved to this store!

I mean, the whole Devotion business sucks and is very regrettable, and I do blame them for that... But I can't leave GOG when it's the only store that does things in what I consider to be the 'normal' way. The store is so clean and feels so good to use in my opinion that it'd be hard for me to lose faith in them.

I can answer the opposite question instead! The day I lose trust in GOG is the day they stop curating their store. I'd lose a lot of good faith in the team if they decide to stop selling DRM-free games and tie my purchases to their client, but even then I'd continue using it because Steam and all 3rd party key sites I've found are awful alternatives that I just can't enjoy visiting.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by SomeGuy8504
low rated
shattenyagger: Only morons give an inch of their freedom.
Most people care about a full belly and a roof over their head first. Call those morons all you want.

And then you start a family... and suddenly the job you took is suddenly not just a job, it's feeding your family. You make compromises, you choose lesser evils. Because you're fucking responsible.
Then you are successful get promoted, or start your own business, have people under you. People with families and stuff. You make decisions, choose lesser evils. Because you're fucking responsible.

Only morons see the world as black and white and seek simple solutions, and not the many shades of grey (and other colours). Only morons, who have never felt responsibility.
high rated
SomeGuy8504: The store is so clean and feels so good to use in my opinion that it'd be hard for me to lose faith in them.
The website is designed like crap (and became far, far worse on the 10th anniversary where they threw out the old, more functional layout).
Regular users have years of built up frustrations with GOG not listening to us at practically every turn.
They deliberately ignore the forum.
The wishlist is utterly meaningless.
The moderators are useless, two faced liars.
They let a lot of sub-par indie crap on the store while having rejected numerous high quality games (sometimes even AAA caliber stuff like the games from Cave), with their their so-called curators being ignorant and biased.
They've one by one thrown away their principles (like no regional pricing), ending with DRM in single player games like CP2077 and No Man's Sky.
Constantly, obnoxiously pushes a terrible client program more and more.
Gives preferential treatment to users of said client program, leaving game installers out of date, whilst still hiding behind 'it's optional'.
Using said client to sell DRM'd games from Epic which will lead to less DRM free releases in-store.
Fired an employee over a harmless tweet because ResetEra got their feefees in a twist.
Removed a game, screwed a Taiwanese dev and sold out every other region because Chinese wumao dogpiled them after advertising it on Weibo and then having the shitting temerity to blame this removal on gamers.
They have the balls to say the place was made for gamers on the front page after all they've done.

I don't know how anyone can have faith in them anymore.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by ReynardFox
SomeGuy8504: The store is so clean and feels so good to use in my opinion that it'd be hard for me to lose faith in them.
ReynardFox: The website is designed like crap (and became far, far worse on the 10th anniversary where they threw out the old, more functional layout).
Regular users have years of built up frustrations with GOG not listening to us at practically every turn.
They deliberately ignore the forum.
The wishlist is utterly meaningless.
The moderators are useless, two faced liars.
They let a lot of sub-par indie crap on the store while having rejected numerous high quality games (sometimes even AAA caliber stuff like the games from Cave), with their their so-called curators being ignorant and biased.
They've one by one thrown away their principles (like no regional pricing), ending with DRM in single player games like CP2077 and No Man's Sky.
Constantly, obnoxiously pushes a terrible client program more and more.
Gives preferential treatment to users of said client program, leaving game installers out of date, whilst still hiding behind 'it's optional'.
Using said client to sell DRM'd games from Epic which will lead to less DRM free releases in-store.
Fired an employee over a harmless tweet because ResetEra got their feefees in a twist.
Removed a game, screwed a Taiwanese dev and sold out every other region because Chinese wumao dogpiled them after advertising it on Weibo and then having the shitting temerity to blame this removal on gamers.
They have the balls to say the place was made for gamers on the front page after all they've done.

I don't know how anyone can have faith in them anymore.
I am with most of what you wrote here, except for the DRM thing, GOG games are DRM free
and yes i test EVERY purchase i make here, latest with CP77. Fully works without any
Galaxy/ GOG services running and without internet connection, completely standalone.
(still annoying the desktop icon doesn t link to the game executable) so you have to do that
manually, but once you do this the game works without the launcher, internet and if you insist
without communication service as well. That said GoG is the only store i buy because of this
i like to own what i buy, without madatory thrid party software attached to it.

However.... at this point i am not sure WHAT CDPR can do to regain the trust or part of the
good reputation they had pre CP77 release and i say this as long time CDPR community member
(even though the join date lies thx to the merge pre W3 release)

To give you a perspective HOW severely CDPR burned though my personal "good will"
I never preordered game, ever in 31 years of gaming EXCEPT for CDPR games after i played
W1... that TRUST is gone now. Not because of the rushed release alone, because of the
design decision and cuts that where made to meet the release.... the right decision after the
"GONE GOLD" delay would be to push back CP77 at least till MAY 21. They did not instead
CP77 is UI is a mess, physic and sound / music volume is all over the place... AI? Yeah....
and althought he City is looks so "alive" it isn t (reminds me of one of the earlier trailers in fact)

There are many things missing in the game or just messy... and then yeah are the decisions
of releasing games or not on GoG .... out of market/profit/ political reasons. So at this point i
rly can t say IF there is even a "turnback" possible at all.

What i know for sure... 2021 is a turning point for CDPR, remains to be seen if for the
better (old consumer friendly) or the all corpo way. I fear the latter is the case.

PS:
that doesn t mean CP77 is a bad game, in fact it is a really good game with still the potential
to be a EXLLENT one. When CP77 shines i rly shines and crushes the bad things about it,
but I NEEDs changes and some features coming back.
Post edited December 31, 2020 by GHOSTMD
anzial: They didn't lose trust, it's par for the course for any modern AAA title, so it's almost expected these days.
CDPSA admitted itself that they did indeed lose trust:
This caused the loss of gamers’ trust and the reputation that we’ve been building through a big part of our lives. That’s why our first steps are solely focused on regaining those two things. We are concentrated on fixing Cyberpunk on last-gen consoles. The first substantialset of fixes was released over the weekend. The next set of fixes will be released within the next seven days. Big updates are planned for January and February, together with smaller fixes. Of course, PC gamers will also be getting regular updates and fixes to improve the game. We will do everything possible to prove that we stick to our values.We truly hope that our efforts will let us rebuild the trust we have lost.
Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/call-transcript_en.pdf

(And ironically these promises about "rebuild the trust" and "stick to our values" were made ~2 days before banning 'Devotion'.)
I think the best thing cdpr can do right now is not make anymore promises about *when* things will be finished, do their best to fix bugs and glitches with cyberpunk and also refund everyone who requested, ASAP. That and also don't make business decisions on the basis of politics, such as what happened with the game Devotion. Keep politics out of it!