It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
FilthyCasual523: Honestly, I'm not too concerned. Maybe I should be, maybe not, but I only buy from this company because they're the only ones around offering DRM-free games on PC. I hate DRM so much I'll gladly do business with a company that does business with China just to avoid it.

Cyberpunk never really interested me anyway. Not my jam.
It's not just Devotion though. It's their whole attitude around it. Blaming gamers, closing threads and suspending people for "constructive criticism" and of course, Cyberpunk.
Time4Tea: Cyberpunk was always intended to be a current-gen console game. They've been promising that since the very start of development. They've had 5+ years to properly test and optimize it on those consoles - fixed hardware they were well aware of from the start.
I'd guess the lead development platform was PC and management just assumed they could port it down somehow, whatever it took, but then when it was time to do that the game/engine had a floor they couldn't get past. A bare minimum of required power and such to run it okay, which the base consoles fell under.

I agree with you, that is incompetence. Like I said though, I'm not sure what can be done now. I'm sure they'll patch it and get the lower framerate up from 12 to 16 or something, maybe lower draw distance to get the textures more stable, but there's only so much they can do and it's gonna look worse and worse despite already looking way worse than the PC version. I just don't think it'll ever look and play well on them.

Should have delayed the console version a year and made it next-gen only but obviously that's a huge money loss and they didn't want to.
high rated
They just need to get back to being honest. That's literally all it takes. Because if they can't do that, GOG as a whole is f*cked. (Probably not CDPR, but definitely GOG.) Because the only reason people buy games from GOG is as a gesture of goodwill. If there's no goodwill to express, then people will just acquire GOG games through *other means*. And GOG's commitment to the drm-free format makes that easy. They have to regain that lost trust. Be honest. If they did something for the Chinese market, say so. If a game isn't ready for a particular platform, say so. You'll lose angry fanboys while gaining back the trust others have had in the GOG platform.

If corporate contracts make honesty impossible, then just sell the GOG brand to EA, Epic or Microsoft and be done with it.
actually it doesnt matter what because they surely wont do anything
why am i saying this? just look at their past actions , so easy to see where they are heading
each year they are steps farther from a drm-free and user centric store
The game is hooked up
going to do whatever it takes.
low rated
I wonder if GOG and CDPR are laughing all the way to the bank, and may very well have the last laugh.

Any notoriety is good notoriety, so they say, if it brings curious lookers to your shores, who might translate to more customers when they finally discover GOG and DRM-Free and reasonable prices on many games. Nothing like a good controversy to do that. ;)

Maybe a bunch of you have been taken for the ultimate advertising ride.

Perhaps even losing some of you is a minor loss compared to the gains ... though I suspect most of you will come back.

There is no other store like GOG, that offers its benefits, flawed as it may often be at times, nothing else beats it.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: I wonder if GOG and CDPR are laughing all the way to the bank, and may very well have the last laugh.

Any notoriety is good notoriety, so they say, if it brings curious lookers to your shores, who might translate to more customers when they finally discover GOG and DRM-Free and reasonable prices on many games. Nothing like a good controversy to do that. ;)

Sure. It's business strategy 101...

Phase 1: Piss off customers
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit
Timboli: I wonder if GOG and CDPR are laughing all the way to the bank, and may very well have the last laugh.

elgonzo: Sure. It's business strategy 101...

Phase 1: Piss off customers
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Profit
or customer strategy
1.I hate what they did
2.I continue shopping like nothing happened
3. ?
4. Surely things will improve
GordanShumway: Translation: We can't let morals and standards get in the way when there's lots money to be made! That's just stupid! Money is too important to consider anything else! Money is supreme!

Where does this even come from? Have you no backbone? Are you that tied up in stuff? I don't care if they have a trillion people ready to throw down Saudi prince levels of cash. I will never respect them for letting serious, pervasive human rights violators dictate their business practices. There are still 6 BILLION people that aren't under the oppressive thumb of the CCP. Or, rather, we used to not be under their thumb until people took the very attitude you're espousing.

You and everyone else here are certainly free to justify it, explain it away, whine about what I say and tell me how I just "don't get it" but in the end I'm right. And no amount of down votes or mental gymnastics are going to make your position hold water with anyone that isn't already deluded. It's just the truth.
Bah, morality is a spook anyway, and in the modern world that spook is based around the lust for money. GOG is perfectly moral as far as modern Western society is concerned.
low rated
Hey, if any GOG employee reads this, you haven't lost any trust or goodwill with me. I'm just over here laughing at people who buy games at launch (or God forbid, pre-order them).
And as for Devotion, I've been looking for a website where I can bet on the exact point in time when *TRUE GAM3RS* will stop talking about this issue, I mean STRUGGLE AGAINST THE MAAAAAN that is super important for them. I give it about a month, maybe.
XVX777: Hey, if any GOG employee reads this, you haven't lost any trust or goodwill with me. I'm just over here laughing at people who buy games at launch (or God forbid, pre-order them).
And as for Devotion, I've been looking for a website where I can bet on the exact point in time when *TRUE GAM3RS* will stop talking about this issue, I mean STRUGGLE AGAINST THE MAAAAAN that is super important for them. I give it about a month, maybe.
cool can u then buy Valfaris for me :P
XVX777: Hey, if any GOG employee reads this, you haven't lost any trust or goodwill with me. I'm just over here laughing at people who buy games at launch (or God forbid, pre-order them).
Orkhepaj: cool can u then buy Valfaris for me :P
No. But why Valfaris, was there some controversy with that?
Orkhepaj: cool can u then buy Valfaris for me :P
XVX777: No. But why Valfaris, was there some controversy with that?
hope so not , i'm just interested in it , it is metal and looks cool :P
Yeah, while pre-order fans often reap what they sow, it's good for a change to see someone who really and unapologetically likes being served unfinished products of questionable quality. Someones pile of shit is someone elses pile of gold, right?

XVX777: And as for Devotion, I've been looking for a website where I can bet on the exact point in time when *TRUE GAM3RS* will stop talking about this issue, I mean STRUGGLE AGAINST THE MAAAAAN that is super important for them. I give it about a month, maybe.
Finally someone who knows not to bite the hand that feeds them. I mean, Devotion the game is really not that important in the grand scheme of things, but good on you for having figured out your place in the world.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by elgonzo
Timboli: There is no other store like GOG, that offers its benefits, flawed as it may often be at times, nothing else beats it.
And what would those benefits be exactly? "FCKDRM" and offline installers as a token gesture but from now on you either use the launcher with their own flagship game or don't get all the content that is already in it? 30-day refunds that sound great on paper as long as you don't actually try to apply for one yourself (as thousands of testimonies all around the Internet now attest to)? Or is it their "utmost care for customers," as manifested by the lack of even any pretense of customer service because they wanted to do it on the cheap instead of hiring enough staff in preparation for the launch of their most anticipated game?

In a way you're right, there is no other store as duplicitous, pretending to be everything they're not.

Timboli: Perhaps even losing some of you is a minor loss compared to the gains ...
Just where would those gains be coming from?

People abandoning Steam, where they already bought most of their games, so that they can try a different flavor of DRM with an inferior launcher, now semi-mandatory, and paying extra for it (never mind the higher prices on GOG)? So that they can enjoy slower downloads in certain regions of the world GOG is supposedly focusing on (e.g. China), and often missing features (see the long list of games that treat GOG customers as second-class)? Enduring all this so that up to "100% of their money" can go to a company now infamous for manipulating reviews, lying about the state of their game, and letting external actors "curate" their platform and delist "hand-picked" games while their customers have to do without even an explanation? Absolutely, people must be flocking in by the droves as we speak to be part of this experience.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by Turbo-Beaver