It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Why do many people in this thread say CDPR should release Devotion? CDPR has nothing to do with the release of that game. CDPR publishes only CDPR games, as far as I know.

Shiznown: This, also state the real reason why Cyberpunk is being more censored with each patch. Put back the nudity in Cyberpunk,
Do you mean the pantless T-pose characters standing on top of motorcycles and cars?
Post edited December 25, 2020 by timppu
timppu: Why do many people in this thread say CDPR should release Devotion? CDPR has nothing to do with the release of that game. CDPR publishes only CDPR games, as far as I know.
They likely mean CD Projekt, who own GOG and CDPR.
Post edited December 26, 2020 by dycaite
Well for starters

4. Officially announce that Cyberpunk is in early access and cancel it for last gen.

Cyberpunk is unfinished. Come clean about it and admit more work needs to be done. De-release it, if possible or change it’s status to early access until everything is sorted and then say “okay, here it is” when it’s done.

Cyberpunk had no business being released on older gen. Consider canceling it on those system which are holding it back.

3. come clean about their relationship with China.
Blaming gamers for what is clearly a move from China to censor Devotion is just rubbing salt in the wound. Had they said something like "unfortunately due to outside pressure we are unable to release Devotion on our platform." Would have gone a long way. Gamers would still be upset but the way forward would have been a lot smoother.

2. allow open discourse
Stop removing threads and suspending people for talking about Devotion and criticizing their actions.

1. Release Devotion
yes yes
toupz111: What lost trust? Cyberpunk is an awesome game, consoles always sucked and nothing wrong on pc, lots of people i know beat the game and enjoy it
Kinda where my standing was... until they started censoring like crazy and showing their hand. They might as well have sold the games with codes for the physical consoles, and had 'This will officially release on consoles in Febuary/March, you could download it early but it will be buggy, you have been warned! You will get a better experience in a few months, we promise! Thank you from the CDPR team and we hope you love the game as much as we put into it.'...

I think it's a bigger kick of trust to bow to China with the other game being removed before it even got here. That's where i think the real problem is.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by rtcvb32
McMicroDonalds: 4. Officially announce that Cyberpunk is in early access and cancel it for last gen.

Cyberpunk is unfinished. Come clean about it and admit more work needs to be done. De-release it, if possible or change it’s status to early access until everything is sorted and then say “okay, here it is” when it’s done.
Early access is for games that aren't content complete, as I understand it. Cyberpunk is. It's just buggy (supposedly, I've had no real problem on PC at all) and plays like crap on older consoles. I don't think putting it in "early access" would change that, nor do I think those machines will ever run it well. The game has an obvious floor even on PC and those HDDs, ancient processors and such will never run it well. It should have been a next-gen only game on console, as you say.

I don't really know what they can do about that, for console guys. At least MS and Sony are offering everyone refunds, which is the best anyone can do I suppose. According to Digital Foundry many games at the tail end of the 360 era ran like crap too, like Far Cry 3, and Ubisoft just ignored the complaints and went about their business and seem to have suffered no negative repercussions. Gamers have short memories when there's a new flash thing they want to play.
Release Devotion, remove regional pricing on GOG, fix the bugs on Cyberpunk.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by Shendue
Shendue: Release Devotion, remove regional pricing on GOG, fix the bugs on Cyberpunk.
A public apology to the developers would be nice, too, for both Devotion and Cyberpunk 2077.
StingingVelvet: I don't really know what they can do about that, for console guys.
Hmmm if they knew XBone and PS4 weren't good enough, only do it for Xbox...err...whatever the next one is... and PS5. THEN when they get the port good enough they are happy give it for older consoles options too. That would have been much better, plus encouraging the new consoles to sell (assuming scalpers are dealt with)
StingingVelvet: I don't really know what they can do about that, for console guys.
rtcvb32: Hmmm if they knew XBone and PS4 weren't good enough, only do it for Xbox...err...whatever the next one is... and PS5. THEN when they get the port good enough they are happy give it for older consoles options too. That would have been much better, plus encouraging the new consoles to sell (assuming scalpers are dealt with)
Cyberpunk was always intended to be a current-gen console game. They've been promising that since the very start of development. They've had 5+ years to properly test and optimize it on those consoles - fixed hardware they were well aware of from the start.

There can simply be no excuse other than pure management incompetence.
Time4Tea: They've had 5+ years to properly test and optimize it on those consoles - fixed hardware they were well aware of from the start.
You sure? I know they put out teasers back in 2014 or something, however everything Cyberpunk was put on hold to do The Witcher. And assuming they are using the same engine then yes i'd agree with you. But if it isn't using the same engine then they only really had the last... 2 years? to work on it. Feels very rushed.
Shendue: Release Devotion, remove regional pricing on GOG, fix the bugs on Cyberpunk.
YUP!
Time4Tea: They've had 5+ years to properly test and optimize it on those consoles - fixed hardware they were well aware of from the start.
rtcvb32: You sure? I know they put out teasers back in 2014 or something, however everything Cyberpunk was put on hold to do The Witcher. And assuming they are using the same engine then yes i'd agree with you. But if it isn't using the same engine then they only really had the last... 2 years? to work on it. Feels very rushed.
Witcher 3 was released in mid 2015. I expect most of their development efforts would have shifted to Cyberpunk shortly after that.
Honestly, I'm not too concerned. Maybe I should be, maybe not, but I only buy from this company because they're the only ones around offering DRM-free games on PC. I hate DRM so much I'll gladly do business with a company that does business with China just to avoid it.

Cyberpunk never really interested me anyway. Not my jam.
Time4Tea: Witcher 3 was released in mid 2015. I expect most of their development efforts would have shifted to Cyberpunk shortly after that.
And the expansions that were released over the next few years... Wild hunt, blood and wine, and Gwent...