It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now reading The Third Kingdom by Terry Goodkind.
Warhammer 40k Siege of Terra series
The Moravian Night (Die morawische Nacht) by Peter Handke.
Finished the 2º book of Earthsea The Tombs of Atuan and now I'm reading The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton
Post edited March 22, 2023 by seba_86
Skydiving into this maddening space opera -- The Spinward Fringe

Read the opening trilogy and the first 2 books..... chapters more or less .... engulfed in a classic sci fi opera that has it all.
So far, I would compare it as the mysterious raven haired cousin from/too Star Wars.

About 20 more books too go.... \o/
Sagan's The Varieties of Scientific Experience: A Personal View of the Search for God.
Sagan's Billions & Billions.
Hi all. I am newbie here. I like harry Potter)
PollW: Hi all. I am newbie here. I like harry Potter)
Welcome PollW, there is another thread about books if you want to check it out: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/books_finished_in_2023/page1

I Just finished reading Le bouchon de cristal (The Crystal Stopper) by Maurice Leblanc, another Lupin story and always a fun read, but I wouldn`t recommend reading the lupin series one book after the other, they may get a little repetitive.

Now I´m back to Earthsea with The Farthest Shore the third book in the series.
Lev Grossman. The Magician King.

This is the sequel to The Magicians. I liked the tv series to a degree, so I wanted to get more. There were high expectations. The first book had some good moments, but it was not all that it could have been. Also, heavy nods to Rowling's Hogwarts, but silence about Ursula K. Le Guin, who actually both Rowling and Grossman are indebted with.

I started this second book hoping that it could be better, but it is increasingly feeling like a loss of time. Does this get better eventually?

seba_86: Finished the 2º book of Earthsea The Tombs of Atuan and now I'm reading The Dreaming Void by Peter F. Hamilton
If you still feel interested in the world of Terramar, the third and fourth books might be worth it. Also the book of stories set in Terramar (some really, really good), better read after the fourth one. There is also a fifth that I still did not get my hands on yet.

Did you notice how Taoism pervades the coming of age of the protagonist? And how the best mages learn to do as little as possible and not to grab power or riches for themselves?

comradegarry: Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith

Really enjoying Wealth of Nations, my kind of book all around and perhaps one of my favorites so far.
It is interesting how he believed in small business vs big ones.
Post edited April 16, 2023 by Carradice
I re-read my favorite book - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I'm working on my essay about this book. Hope I'll finish it at high level. I've found paper writing services Custom Writings to help with my essay. Useful tool for grammar check and proofreading. Thanks to these professional experts I can finish my essay in the near future.
Post edited April 18, 2023 by tonnyys
The Year of the Hare

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_of_the_Hare_(novel]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_of_the_Hare_(novel[/url])
Carradice: If you still feel interested in the world of Terramar, the third and fourth books might be worth it. Also the book of stories set in Terramar (some really, really good), better read after the fourth one. There is also a fifth that I still did not get my hands on yet.

Did you notice how Taoism pervades the coming of age of the protagonist? And how the best mages learn to do as little as possible and not to grab power or riches for themselves?
I recently got the 5 books of the series in a pocket edition so I'm gonna read them eventually, I think the one with short stories is "En el otro Viento".
I liked the dialogues and growth of the characters and also the importance that is given to maintaining the balance in the world. The journey and travels of the characters were not too appealing, but I still think its worth a read.

Anyway, back to the topic, I just started "Shards of Earth" by A. Tchaikovsky
Now reading The Thousand and One Nights as compiled by René R. Khawam.
Peter's The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness.