It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Brave New World", by Aldous Huxley
Always worth a (re-)read.
Frank Herbert's Dune.

Love how intricate the writing is, how each new word adds another layer to the world-building, how tense and passive-aggressive every remark seems to be, revealing a new depth for its characters. I don't mind that it's quite slowly-paced, because every moment has been fascinating so far!
Just finished Junji Ito's Uzumaki, very Lovecraftian. Overt parallels can even be made to Color Out of Space with Nick Cage: A paranormal force of simple premise and eye-catching allure infests a location and transforms the land and minds of its people to twist them to an unconceivable will. Whether it be a strange color or spontaneous spirals, those most aware of it can only resist for so much longer before getting swallowed by the anomaly.
I am reading now interesting book written by Tom Wolfe "From Bauhaus to Our House". It tells hisory about most famous design studio in the world. As a designer, I want to tell it quite good. Average person can see there a lot of ineresting things. Highly recommended
Post edited April 27, 2022 by gostemane
Zero History by William Gibson

The last of a set of 3 books I bought 7 years ago that I hadn't read yet (The other 2 being The City and The City and Diamonds are Forever, both recently read) and the last of Gibson's Blue Ant trilogy.

I'm still at the very beggining of the book, but Gibson's overly descriptive and metaphorical style already feels a bit tiresome. I just hope that this book breaks a bit his habit of having the characters be pushed through the plot with very little apparent agency.
just finished listening to Spacer series by Scott Barlett (1-7). Now the interminable wait for book 8 :) The series is good, not spectacular but they do hook you in and the story is pretty good even if characters are somewhat bland. Still, very much anxious to find out how it all ends, if it does at all, the guy been stretching it all out too much lol
Post edited April 29, 2022 by anzial
I'm reading Eric Miles Williamson's East Bay Grease and loving it.
Just finished Kongres futurologiczny (The Futurological Congress) by Stanisław Lem and currently doing a re-reading of The Fellowship of the Ring
low rated
Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America's Social Justice Scam
Hardcover-August 17, 2021
Vivek Ramaswamy-author
Right now I'm reading Rex Stout's "Nero Wolfe Series". Not only it is multifarious, like detective plus cooking discussions, etc. But it's also interesting how people spent their free time 60 80 years ago.:)
Nothing right now but recently re-read Jurassic Park and The Lost World novels. When I first read them at the age of 12 I totally must have blocked some scenes from those novels because they are dark. Now I want a re-adaptation of The Lost World to the screens, and a darker in general JP series :P haha

Still love the movie though (the first one...) but I can say with confidence that the books are far better than the movies in every way.
Post edited April 30, 2022 by jonridan
I'm currently reading the 4th Jack Reacher novel, The Visitor, by Lee Child.

And I must say the author has upped his game again. Each novel so far is a major improvement on the last, with the first one being a bit b-grade and the 4th one being very far from that. Great to experience the growth of an author in such a telling manner.
Post edited May 05, 2022 by Timboli
"Leviathan Wakes", by James S. A. Corey
I'm reading mostly related to psychology, spiritual, emotional health and life coaching. I think these topics are not too much covered in our life and despite they are very important for our lives.
Thirteen - Richard Morgan

Prior: Three Body Problem - Cixin Liu