It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I finished reading A Dance With Dragons yesterday (the wait for the next one is going to be excruciating) and today I started Stephen King's It. I haven't read any Stephen King novels before (though I've seen the film version of The Shining) so hopefully I enjoy it as much as a lot of other people appear to.
Hedayat's The Blind Owl. I'm playing catch up with reading now and the start of this was too poetic for me but later on it turned into great surrealism. I'll probably read The Torture Garden after. Also reading Jazz Age Beauties: The Lost Collection of Ziegfeld Photographer Alfred Cheney Johnston but the majority of it is photos... what can I say I love my 1920s nudes.
Dracula - Bram Stoker
Spin - Robert Charles Wilson
1)Rules of the game - the style life challenge - Neil Strauss
2)Lord Jim - Joseph Conrad

Finished - The game - Penetrating the secret society of pick up artists by Neil Strauss.
Post edited December 14, 2012 by Lionel212008
Odissey, Homero; (Classical)
Learning From Dreams, Marion Rauscher Gallbach; (Psychology)
I Ching: History and Myth, Ezéchiel Saad;

And just finished The Japanese Psyche, Hayao Kawai; :)
441635: Dracula - Bram Stoker
Hey me too. Amazing story isn't it? It's chilling, heart-wrenching and intense, all at the same time. I actually thought the first four or five chapters were terribly boring, and almost gave up, but glad I didn't. The story really picks up something tremendous after chapter 5.
lowyhong: Hey me too. Amazing story isn't it? It's chilling, heart-wrenching and intense, all at the same time. I actually thought the first four or five chapters were terribly boring, and almost gave up, but glad I didn't. The story really picks up something tremendous after chapter 5.
Hi lowyhong,

Yes I left the book on a shelf for 3 years because I could not find the strengh to beat the first chapters, but I decided to take the bull by the horns and give it a try, and I must say it is actually such a fantastic book (I started to smile and chill when the count crawled by the window (ok that's a small spoiler but that's ok)).
Glad you are currently enjoying it =) and I recommend it to anyone who did not read it yet! That's just brillliant!
I thought it was pretty mediocre when compared to the real legend of dracula. Still,it was a narrated well.

btw the japanese anime Hellsing ultimate is like a more awesome version of Dracula.

lowyhong: Hey me too. Amazing story isn't it? It's chilling, heart-wrenching and intense, all at the same time. I actually thought the first four or five chapters were terribly boring, and almost gave up, but glad I didn't. The story really picks up something tremendous after chapter 5.
The GOG Forums ;)
Just picked up Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson. Looks interesting
Finished reading The Hour of the Dragon (aka Conan the Conqueror) by Robert E. Howard. 5/5, I didn't think the literary Conan was so awesome compared to the cinematographic one. And by that I mean compared to "Conan" by John Milius starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and nothing more.
Finally in the mood to finish "The Name of the Wind" and start the next one. Also, "The Summoner" by Gail Z. Martin.

My library was selling Executioner books, so I picked up eight of those and "National Lampoon's Doon."
just getting around to "A boy and his dog" or "Let the right one in" Havn't decided yet.
The second book of the Magister Trilogy by CS Friedman.
This post :) Just kidding im trying to get trought wheels of time but its a diffecult one to get trough