It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism" by Fumio Sasaki.

Since more and more things are becoming digital, including games, photos, music collection, it really makes no sense to keep so much crap around the house. Yer, I do. I hope this book will help me.
Frog by Mo Yan and some short stories of Kobo Abe. Both in spanish editions.
Post edited March 17, 2019 by Sjuan
camW00dS: The Dark Tower, by good old Stephen King
DadJoke007: When you read Stephen King, the biggest terror is not knowing when the obligatory nasty sex scene is going to happen. That goes for most his books as far as I know, at least the old ones. Maybe his writing is more clean since he got sober.

andysheets1975: Finally getting around to reading It by Stephen King. I'm only on chapter 2 and I think I've already found about 20 pages that could have been cut from the book without affecting anything.
DadJoke007: When I finished the book, I felt the same way about 50 to 75 percent of the content. Good thing it's only around 1000 pages...

Happy reading!
Just to clarify, by 'nasty' sex scene do you mean cringeworthy sex scene, or depiction of sexual abuse?

As for bloatedness I recall reading Tommyknockers. If it hadn't been for character backstories, that book could have been boiled down to a short story. It really had huge problems getting anywhere.
StarChan: Just to clarify, by 'nasty' sex scene do you mean cringeworthy sex scene, or depiction of sexual abuse?
When it comes to King? Both, but not necessarily in the same book.
I only ever read Stephen King's shorter work, novels included but of those I have liked several.
Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs by Hunter S. Thompson.
GR00T: It's called the Fionavar Tapestry and consists of the following three books:

1) The Summer Tree
2) The Wandering Fire
3) The Darkest Road

They're standard high fantasy but extremely well done, IMO, and more than worth checking out if you're a fan of things like Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant and others in that vein.
Thanks, was thinking about getting the series.
Coding Academy 2018
Band of brothers - By Stephen Ambrose
The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie.
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy.
Sick of fantasy and sci-fi books and looking for something else.
The Longest Day
by Cornelius Ryan
Article: Wege der Befreiung by Erich Fromm, Jens Wernicke
About where hope could be found.
Just started Mel Odom's "The Rover".
So far (the threat by the burning Embyr has just been averted) it's a fun read.
Rereading The Hobbit by J R. R. Tolkien. I hope I can work this novel with my students in my classes of Literature in high school :)