It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirTawmis: ...
:) I had the same surprise with the book! I expected it to be some ambitious and smart, but still just "lecture for kids".

Regarding re-reading - I don't think I can afford to read again any of my favorite books. I'm afraid I'm too old for that ;)
Recently finished Asimov's I,Robot - a great anthology.

Currently reading Wastelands, an anthology of post-apocalyptic sci-fi edited by John Adams. Works by many "greats," from Stephen King to Orson Scott Card, to Tobias S Buckell. It's been real swell so far.
I’m reading this page.. what should I be reading? Lol
Finished The Bug Wars by Robert Asprin. It´s a rather boring book. At the end it gets a bit more exciting, but not much.
SirTawmis: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: :) I had the same surprise with the book! I expected it to be some ambitious and smart, but still just "lecture for kids".

Regarding re-reading - I don't think I can afford to read again any of my favorite books. I'm afraid I'm too old for that ;)
I enjoy going back - sometimes, they don't hold up. (A Wrinkle In Time {which ironically I had just finished re-reading when they announced the movie plans} was pretty ... easy, I guess is the way to describe it - very simple writing... but reading A Wind In The Door, felt like it wasn't even tied to the previous book)...

But Watership Down (which I am still doing my re-read of this session) still holds up, easily.
Article: Wikipedia an der Propagandafront gegen Historiker by Hermann Ploppa
About Wikipedia as political propaganda instrument.
Last Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie
I wasn't 100% into the series at first but I can't put it down now.
"IT" by Stephen King. I'm currently (re)reading all of his books in chronological order. Think it might take a while though considering I started this one before the new movie came out and I'm still only half way through!
Howl's Moving Castle. I watched the movie first, so I can compare the versions and both seem very similar.
Article: Der Kindermord-Skandal by Jens Bernert
About the reaction of the German Federal Government to a child murder video by the White Helmets.
Post edited September 21, 2018 by viperfdl
Finished Misspent Youth by Peter Hamilton. A bleak picture of the not too distant future, full of immoral people.
Article: Chemnitz und die Psychologie der Massen by Peter Frey
About Chemnitz and what might be the real problem.

Article: Die grosse Aggressionsverschiebung by Herbert Schui
About Pegida, diffuse fears and the reaction of Germany's politics.
Post edited September 22, 2018 by viperfdl
The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Michael Hartmann: "Die Medien sind Teil des Problems geworden" Interview by Marcus Kloeckner.
The Client by John Grisham.