It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Article: "Der Gordische Knoten" oder: "Das Damoklesschwert" by Bernhard Trautvetter
About the problems humanity is facing.
Last thing I read was The Second Variety by Philip K. Dick.
The hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carrol. I snatched it from my boyfriend's bedroom with a "may I take this? (of course I can)."

"Just the place for a Snark!"
Finished "Blood Song" (Anthony Ryan) yesterday. Loved it. Got the next two books, anxious to read since many seem to think he kind of dropped the ball with them.
Czarna szabla by Jacek Komuda
Attachments:
_bc9883.jpg (63 Kb)
After a stop, I came back to The Plague, by Albert Camus. It has been a interesting book.
viperfdl: Article: "Der Gordische Knoten" oder: "Das Damoklesschwert" by Bernhard Trautvetter
What could be a good translation to the english for its title?
Post edited June 10, 2018 by DeadFishEye
DeadFishEye: After a stop, I came back to The Plague, by Albert Camus. It has been a interesting book.
viperfdl: Article: "Der Gordische Knoten" oder: "Das Damoklesschwert" by Bernhard Trautvetter
DeadFishEye: What could be a good translation to the english for its title?
Translated the title means: " "Gordian Knot" or: "Sword of Damocles" "
Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy Omnibus Vol 1. I would have preferred if the stories were in release order, but the stories so far are pretty interesting.
Satire: Wir schwoeren ab! by Florian Ernst Kirner and Jens Lehrich
Birdy by William Wharton
Quick silly question about Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan's books.

Did Jack ever have it out with Cathy's father? I know the two of them don;t like each other. I;m currently going through the series again and am up to Debt of Honor.

Just curious.
Article: Die US-Agenda by Darius Shahtahmasebi
Translation of The Real Reason Trump Abandoned the Iran Nuclear Deal

Article: Claus Kleber: "Trotzdem gibt es in Deutschland ungebrochen ein Gefuehl der Verbundenheit mit Russland, das nicht restlos mit Logik zu erklaeren ist" by Marcus Kloeckner
About a German journalist being self-righteous.

Edit:
Article: Die Fluechtlings-Manipulation by Walter van Rossum
About German media vilifying refugees.

Edit:
Article: Feindliche Uebernahme by Mohssen Massarrat
About the reconstruction of the German Keynesian welfare state to a neoliberal capitalistic state.

Edit (14.06.2018):
Excerpts from the ebook "Was sind psychische Stoerungen?" by Stephan Schleim:
Die "amtliche" Fassung
Wenn es ums Geld geht
Aus Sicht der Wissenschaftstheorie

Edit:
Article: Tagesdosis 14.6.2018 - Das Dream Team: Deutsche Medien & Bundespolitik by Bernhard Loyen
About the connection between German politics and media.

Edit (15.06.2018):
Article: Angstrepublik Deutschland - die Meinungsmache wirkt by Jens Berger
About which fears are justified and which not.

Edit (17.06.2018):
Article: Die soziale Frage by Roberto J. De Lapuente
About the AfD copying the strategy of Front National of trying to appear social.

Edit (19.06.2018):
Article: Tagesdosis 19.6.2018 - Die Schauprozesse der Wikipedia Junta by Dirk Pohlmann
About the junta of Wikipedia.

Edit (20.06.2018):
Article: Die große Ablenkung by Hans-Juergen Bandelt
About cult of symbols and real problems.

Edit:
Article: China: Geduldige Investoren by Hermann Ploppa
About Chinas increasing investments in East European countries.
Post edited June 20, 2018 by viperfdl
Harlequin by Bernard Cornwell (Book #1 of the Grail Quest trilogy.)

&

Article - Racism and Firearms
Think Bayes by Allen B. Downey
Reading this Italian edition of Tolstoj's Anna Karenina. The book is... interesting, even capable of urging you to go on with reading to know "what happens next".

BUT: "one of the best books ever written" as some say? Oh, I really don't think so Jim...
Post edited June 24, 2018 by KingofGnG