It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Sword of the Lictor by Gene Wolfe

It's time to finish the cycle. The Book of the New Sun series is really strange experience. I'm totally not interested in the main thread, but for some reason enjoy reading the whole story with all the digressions and thoughts. The book is well written, full of interesting characters and based on unique narrative style (it's like memoirs and Severian addresses reader directly making the whole experience something, well, different).
I like to read love stories.
i have been reading Textrovert by Lindsey Summers. I just recently started texting someone quite interesting and this book seemed like the right pick since it seems to have some romance XD and i made me hope it would like that rub up on me XD
A gripping true story about a German family who went missing in Death Valley.
Post edited July 25, 2017 by Matewis
Stephen King's Cujo.
I'm currently reading Chapterhouse: Dune, the sixth book in the saga.
I've just started reading "At the Mountains of Madness"... Lovecraftverse - here i am
The Sea-Wolf by Jack London

I'm just finishing with this one. And I'm really surprised. I know some of Jack London adventure novels, but this one is something different. With astonishing creation of amoral captain Wolf Larsen it goes deeply into psychology and philosophy, creates fascinating tension and suspense. Strongly recommend.
Do you know anything about Morgan Rice(best selling author?)? She offers some free books(the first from each series) on Google Play.
I have recently finished reading Animal Farm by George Orwell. That book was outstanding. To me communism always had something interesting about it, wanting to know and feel what's like to live in that totalitarian regime.

Anyone maybe have suggestioms to read a similar novel like Animal Farm?
Post edited August 20, 2017 by kmcoolice
Just finished reading a small collection of Edgar Allan Poe's works, now moving on to Lovecraft. Got the Necronomicon a few years ago, never got myself to read it until now. Read only one short-story so far, I'm not yet blown away but it's certainly interesting and very promising. Judging by the book's thickness it will probably take me years to get through it, though, lol.
Not interested, but looks like good opportunity for Anne Rice and Stephenie Meyer fans.

Watership Down by Richard Adams

Fascinating. I'm always amazed how much about people you can discover reading animal classics written by Anglosaxon authors. If you finished with Orwell, London and Curwood, this one is good choice for the next reading.
Population: 485, by Michael Perry, the story of the author reconnecting with the town where he grew up, by joining the local volunteer fire department.
kmcoolice: I have recently finished reading Animal Farm by George Orwell. That book was outstanding. To me communism always had something interesting about it, wanting to know and feel what's like to live in that totalitarian regime.

Anyone maybe have suggestioms to read a similar novel like Animal Farm?
If you're talking about the communism aspect, Orwell's own 1984 would probably be the most appropriate one to go with. If you're talking about using animals for a story that has some political aspects, Watership Down is the one that first comes to my mind.

I'm reading Drawing of the Three right now. I read The Gunslinger a long time ago and figured it was about time to try the second book in the series.
kmcoolice: Anyone maybe have suggestioms to read a similar novel like Animal Farm?
andysheets1975: (...)
Suggestion above are definitely the best, but consider also:
Brave New World by Huxley
Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury
The Man from the High Castle by Dick
Lord of the Flies by Golding
...from classics. We have also great Janusz Zajdel in Poland, I love his novels (it's a mix of social fiction, distopia and old school science fiction), however I'm not sure if they are available in your language.