It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Interrupted my reading of Dust by Hugh Howie, for something that fits better in a travel bag. For the flights I grabbed another Elmore Leonard book, this time Tishomingo Blues.
http://www.ingeniouspress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/social-justice-warrior-brain.jpg
The Three-Body Problen, a science fiction novel by Chinese author Cixin Liu (or Liu Cixin, apparently depending on what language you are reading the book in). Lots of interesting topics in this one.
The Sermons of the Parish Priest of Ars, the collection of 29 sermons given by very interesting figure of Catholic Church, humble and simple-minded priest from French province. Sermons are surprisingly up to date (I've read new polish refreshed translation) and also beautiful in its clarity and logic. It realizes that human nature does not change with ages and we face the same struggles our fathers and grandfathers faced centuries ago.
I'm reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.It is somewhat like Gone Girl with the shifting between characters
Post edited June 27, 2017 by AndreeaB
I'm starting expectedly great adventure in fantasy world written by Roger Zelazny - Nine Princes of Amber. The newest polish edition collects all ten novels in two heavy volumes, which makes me read only at home, but I hope I'll be able to finish the cycle this year ;)
Attachments:
finished "The Tower of the Swallow" by Andrzej Sapkowski and "The Lady of the Lake" the last books of the Witcher Saga. I don;'t generally read fantasy but I enjoyed the Saga and books with the short stories. The only thing I didn't like is that the writer sometimes went back and forth between past and present, reality and dreams, and I was confused a bit about the timeline of events.

by the way there are three threads about reading/books and people post here and there, can we keep only one thread to continue?
Post edited July 03, 2017 by greeklover
Just got "The complete fiction of H.P. Lovecraft" from Book depository today and just read "The beast in the cave" (and giggled like a 12 year old boy at the use of ejaculation as an exclamation).
Looks quite promising.
1984 by George Orwell. I have been very impressed by dialogue Winston and O'Brien. And this story is getting reality in our world =/
From the 9th art: "Tintin and the Alph-Art", the final album by Hergé.
Right now I'm reading Uma Faca Nos Dentes (lit. "A Knife In/Between The Teeth"), by Portuguese surrealist poet António José Forte, a collection of his life work with introduction by the late great Herberto Helder. This is a very special book, since the original editions of his books (namely the original Uma Faca Nos Dentes, by &etc publishing) were pretty much limited editions that came out way back in the '70s and '80s. The man died in 1988 and never had the recognition he fully deserved (which is the case with the vast majority of writers).

Not that it matters much in this forum, since this thread is mostly for fantasy and sci-fi literature, and even if people cared, it's not that easy to come by obscure Portuguese poets outside of Portugal. It's not that easy to come by obscure Portuguese poets in Portugal.
I'm reading The Glass Magician the second in the Paper Magician Trilogy by Charlie N. Holmberg. The premise is so interesting, you can do magic by making origamis and for someone like me that actually likes to do origami from time to time sounded amazing.
"I Could Pee on This, and Other Poems by Cats", by Francesco Marciuliano

Pretty funny. About a 30-minute book.

Started another Elmore Leonard book yesterday: "Maximum Bob".
AndreeaB: origami
Check "The Paper Menagerie", short story by Ken Liu.
Because you've already completed "Heavy rain", haven't you? ;)
AndreeaB: origami
ciemnogrodzianin: Check "The Paper Menagerie", short story by Ken Liu.
Because you've already completed "Heavy rain", haven't you? ;)
Thanks for the recommendation i will totally check The Paper Menagerie out.
Since i don't have a console i haven't played it myself but i have seen on youtube how the game is :)