It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm trying to read Tauto and Kleetus' threads, but they keep vanishing. :D
Post edited August 11, 2016 by tinyE
tinyE: I'm trying to read Tauto and Kleetus' threads, but they keep vanishing. :D
Oh, a sequel to "The Neverending Story"?
Interesting!
Peter O'Donnell: Modesty Blaise. "Ripper Jax."

I do pine for this republishing effort from Titan Books. I would have had it all from first title, when O'Donnell was still with us, bless that man. And Jim Holdaway. Just got my hands on the latest title, four or five still to go...
The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli.

It's a rather straight forward book on how to acquire power and what to do to keep it as a ruler in a feudal society. Not exactly useful unless you want to become a shrewd politician but it's enjoyable to read it, to understand how politics should be done (according to the author) in the 1500s.
Nirth: The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli.

It's a rather straight forward book on how to acquire power and what to do to keep it as a ruler in a feudal society. Not exactly useful unless you want to become a shrewd politician but it's enjoyable to read it, to understand how politics should be done (according to the author) in the 1500s.
Excellent lessons to be learned, so long as you don't mind surrendering all scruples and moral principles on the altar of victory. I would find the cost too high to bear, but then again I'm not a soulless cunt who craves power and glory at the expense of absolutely everything else.

And in a not totally unrelated point, I'm currently reading The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand.
Got a lot of time for reading at the new place and we unearthed during the move a bunch of boxes of books, so I'm revisiting the personal library. Have recently read:

Neuromancer
Snow Crash
Friday
Starship Troopers
2001: A Space Odyssey (finished last night). After reading, really need to watch the movie again - some stuff will make more sense this time around, such as, WTF is actually going on? ; )

Currently resuming a Philip K Dick anthology, making my way through A Maze of Death.
Currently split between Dune, Walden, and The Libertarian Mind.
HereForTheBeer: Got a lot of time for reading at the new place and we unearthed during the move a bunch of boxes of books, so I'm revisiting the personal library. Have recently read:

Neuromancer
Snow Crash
Friday
Starship Troopers
2001: A Space Odyssey (finished last night). After reading, really need to watch the movie again - some stuff will make more sense this time around, such as, WTF is actually going on? ; )

Currently resuming a Philip K Dick anthology, making my way through A Maze of Death.
You, good sir, appear to have impeccable taste.

Currenlty reading The Wind Through the Keyhole. After that, likely going to be Seveneves.
Post edited August 18, 2016 by GR00T
HereForTheBeer: Got a lot of time for reading at the new place and we unearthed during the move a bunch of boxes of books, so I'm revisiting the personal library. Have recently read:

Neuromancer
I have a 1984 old edition of it on the shelf behind me, maybe I should read it some day :o)

Books "forgotten" in a box can be a pleasure to re-discover. Funny thing is that two days ago, I was making an Amazon order and while I was considering purchasing some reference book on hinduism, I remembered that I had one somewhere and when I retrieved it, I found out it was an old edition (minus a few pages) of the book I was going to buy ^o^
After almost a year postponing, I finally finished Magician Apprentice.

Now I'm reading The Robots of Dawn. :)
"Sins Of The Fathers: A Gabriel Knight Novel" by Jane Jensen. Not bad so far. Very much like the game.
I recently began reading The Time of Contempt and I was pleasently surprised, I enjoy the plot far more than I expected. The antagonist of the book is refreshing as well.
Just finished reading three Philip K. Dick books: A Maze of Death, VALIS, and A Divine Invasion. My brain now hurts so I'm going to switch to something lighter.
I have recently finished Andrzej Sapkowski's Sword of Destiny and am currently reading Alfred Bester's The Stars my Destination, apparently one of those books that were of paramount importance as precursors of cyberpunk. I'm not very deep into it, but I'm enjoying it thoughly. It does have some aspects of it: mainly an antihero protagonist, a reflection of the impact of certain advancements in society as a whole, big corporations... while it does include teleportation as a potential power of the human mind, the rest of it is surprisingly hard sci-fi.
Finished reading this Italian edition of Night's Master by Tanith Lee. 3/5, it's like reading a book of adult-oriented fairy tales.