It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished the Witcher books for the second time. Now I'm in Something Ends, Someting Begins (again).
Currently re-playing the first Witcher game I really have to say it's whole new experience with knowing all the background.
toxicTom: Finished the Witcher books for the second time. Now I'm in Something Ends, Someting Begins (again).
Currently re-playing the first Witcher game I really have to say it's whole new experience with knowing all the background.
Maybe I should post a list again of the books I'm reading now. One of them is 'The Last Wish' from The Witcher series, but it doesn't really captivate me much. Too much of fighting monsters and preparing spells, too little personality involved. I hope the games aren't as disappointing to me (still have to start playing TW 1, let alone play 2 or pre-order 3).

Another book I'm having a hard time with is 'What is madness' by Darian Leader, as the subject of it touches so close to my own mental illness. And the 1000+ pages book about the penal colony years of Australia is interesting, but I can only deal with it in small portions, the suffering of the prisoners was too big to read about it all for long stretches of time.

Most captivating recently are the ebooks I'm reading. More about them later, I'm off to bed now, it's far too late now (1:50 at night in Holland).
Post edited June 04, 2014 by DubConqueror
Magician's End. The last book in Raymond E. Feist's Rift War Cycles. Read all books including the Daughter of the Empire trilogy. all were pretty damn good.
Victorious. Last book in the Lost Fleet Series by John G. Hemry aka Jack Campbell. Nice space opera.
As for the eBooks I'm reading:

Norman Thrower - Maps and Civilization (a history of mapmaking)

W. Davies - German Army Handbook (a book about the make-up and tactics of the German armies during WW II)

in the Battleground Europe series: Touring the Italian Front (about the British involvement on Italian side in WW I against the Austro-Hungarians)

in the Pen and Sword series:Hiter'sTanks Killer (a photobook about the Sturmgeschutz)

Juliet Barker - Agincourt, Henry V and the battle that made England (the famous victory against the French in the Hundred Years War)

and finally also a novel, from the WattPad app:

Gavin Wilson - Merlin's Gold.

And as I said, I'm currently enjoying these titles more than the physcial books I'm currently reading.
Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Carl von Clausewitz - On War
Heinz Guderian - Achtung Panzer!
Erwin Rommel - Attacks
Tom Clancy - Red Storm Rising
Poul Anderson - The Time Patrol
I couldn't get into the fourth book of the John Carter Series, especially with the next book in the Wheel of Time series laying around. So, I started reading the fourth book of the Wheel of Time, The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan. I think I am going to have to finish the series before I start on another one.
So that should take me a year at the pace of 1-2 chapter a night.
Post edited June 05, 2014 by VABlitz
One Soldier's War by Arkady Babchenko.
Currently rereading "O livro de Cesário Verde" while waiting for Book depository to send "When will Jesus bring the pork chops?"
Wilbur Smith : Vicious Circle.

Quite disappointing, I guess ol' Wilbur is getting on a bit these days and maybe he just churned this out or it was ghost written, while it is a page turner, its a pretty badly written one.

Just finished Book 5 in Jim Butchers Alera series, it was a really good read, only one book left to go and I will be quite disappointed to leave that world :(
Post edited June 05, 2014 by F1ach
Just finished: "Justine," by Lawrence Durrell - the first volume of The Alexandria Quartet. I read the first three volumes of these many years ago, when I was living in Europe, and never finished it - English books were hard to come by, and I couldn't find "Clea" while I was over there. Recently I was reminded of this, and it was delightful reading it again.

Now reading: "Axis," by Robert Charles Wilson - the second volume in his Spin trilogy, which was the first of his books that I've read. He's a terrific writer, and I really enjoyed the kick-off; so far this one is keeping up the quality.
Cy-Fox: Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Carl von Clausewitz - On War
Heinz Guderian - Achtung Panzer!
Erwin Rommel - Attacks
Tom Clancy - Red Storm Rising
Poul Anderson - The Time Patrol
That's even more war books than I am reading - and source material, at that.
I found The Art of War to radically improve my RTS strategy.

BTW, I'm currently working through JJ Abrams' book, S.
"Shattered" by Kevin Hearne. I love writing reviews; can't beat free books!
I recently found out about the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey. There are dragons, so it'll something I'll read for sure. About 25 pages into Dragonflight and I like it this far!