It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: Unfortunately I believe it might be a 10 book or so series from what I remember reading about it. Considering there are only 2 books out at the moment might be awhile before it's done, but still worth reading :)
deshadow52: Ten Books? I know Brandon Sanderson writes so fast he is like novel factory, but ten books? I can't really invest time like that when he is done only twenty percent of the series. I'm already invested into series like A song Of Ice And Fire and The Kingkiller Chronicles and they seem to be taking forever. It's hard for me to invest in a series that isn't finished ever since those two. the sad part is Sanderson is so fast he will probably finish Stormlight archive before George finishes A song Of Ice And Fire and Patrick Finishes The Kingkiller Chronicles.
I feel your pain. I started A song of ice and fire when "A game of thrones" was new. Martin has about worn my patience out. I'm hoping Sanderson doesn't slow down.
Reading Fearless book two of the Lost Fleet Series by Jack Campbel aka John G. Hemry. The character are developing nicely a lot subterfuge, politics and space fights there.
I'm currently reading Flesh, by Richard Laymon. Laymon is kind of a guilty pleasure. His books are always disgusting but fascinating! Sadly I didn't find his books until after he had already passed away.
deshadow52: Ten Books? I know Brandon Sanderson writes so fast he is like novel factory, but ten books? I can't really invest time like that when he is done only twenty percent of the series. I'm already invested into series like A song Of Ice And Fire and The Kingkiller Chronicles and they seem to be taking forever. It's hard for me to invest in a series that isn't finished ever since those two. the sad part is Sanderson is so fast he will probably finish Stormlight archive before George finishes A song Of Ice And Fire and Patrick Finishes The Kingkiller Chronicles.
trentonlf: I feel your pain. I started A song of ice and fire when "A game of thrones" was new. Martin has about worn my patience out. I'm hoping Sanderson doesn't slow down.
Wow I guess you got burned worse than I did since I was like three years old when A Game Of Thrones was released. I didn't really start reading the series until early last year. I stopped in the Middle of the fifth one though because I was reading them in a huge marathon and I burned myself out.
rft183: I'm currently reading Flesh, by Richard Laymon. Laymon is kind of a guilty pleasure. His books are always disgusting but fascinating! Sadly I didn't find his books until after he had already passed away.
Some are great (the Beast House books; In The Dark; The Traveling Vampire Show; Night in the Lonesome October) and some never should have seen the light of day (The Woods Are Dark, particularly).
I just bought David Weber's "Like a Mighty Army", book 7 of his Safehold series, for my Kobo reader.
Now I just need to decide if I'll reread book 1 to 6 before reading this one, I think I will.
The witcher :)
Last night I finished the third book in the Wheel of Time series, The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan. I liked that book a lot more and unlike the second book it made me want to read the next book in the series, but for now I'll read another series.

Tonight, I will start reading the fourth book in the John Carter series, Thuvia Maid of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
"Face the Music" by Paul Stanley.
Currentl reading one book in French and one in English

"Histoire de Jules César : la guerre des Gaules" by Napoleon the IIIrd

"Retreat and Rearguard 1914: The BEF's Actions from Mons to the Marne" by Jerry Murland
rft183: I'm currently reading Flesh, by Richard Laymon. Laymon is kind of a guilty pleasure. His books are always disgusting but fascinating! Sadly I didn't find his books until after he had already passed away.
DieRuhe: Some are great (the Beast House books; In The Dark; The Traveling Vampire Show; Night in the Lonesome October) and some never should have seen the light of day (The Woods Are Dark, particularly).
Yes, I was not that impressed with The Woods are Dark. I read the supposedly uncut and restored version. I can't see how they could cut anything, and actually have a book left!
Im reading a 1955 western called Two-Bit Puncher

Just finished Foreign Body by Roderick Mann, thought it was awesome
I'm reading Lucretius. It's fascinating that someone 2000 years ago could theorize the existence of cellular life, among other things, without the help of a microscope.
Post edited May 30, 2014 by Hackworthy
Phc7006: Currentl reading one book in French and one in English

"Histoire de Jules César : la guerre des Gaules" by Napoleon the IIIrd

"Retreat and Rearguard 1914: The BEF's Actions from Mons to the Marne" by Jerry Murland
Interesting titles.

I just received from a bol.com order two titles about WWI:

Memories of an Infantry Officer, a novel by Siegfried Sassoon,

and the recent Sleepwalkers, How Europe went to War in 1914, by Christopher Clark.

My knowledge of the Mons and Marne battles comes from The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman,
and also the Battleground Europe guide about Mons.
DubConqueror: and the recent Sleepwalkers, How Europe went to War in 1914, by Christopher Clark.

My knowledge of the Mons and Marne battles comes from The Guns of August by Barbara Tuchman,
and also the Battleground Europe guide about Mons.
Sleepwalkers is a very interesting book too

As for Mons, the most interesting is what happened aside and after that battle: On their right flank, the tepid implementation of plan XVII by the French 5th Army ( that ironically saved the French forces ) and the retreat of the BEf through North France towards the Aisne.