It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

viperfdl: Currently I'm reading the Neuromancer trilogy by William Gibson.
toxicTom: In English or German? I'm asking because while I love William Gibson I think there is no other author that I have to read more slowly (in English).
In German.
Reading "Raven's Shadow" by Anthony Ryan again in preparation of Tower Lord coming out on the 1st

If looking for a new book to read that is of the Fantasy genre give this one a try, very good book
is it really that good? read a chapter, too much swearing.
LesterKnight99: is it really that good? read a chapter, too much swearing.
Well, Neuromancer, and the short stories like Burning Chrome are classics. William Gibson coined the term Cyberspace in them. And he was one of the "fathers" of the Cyberpunk genre.

What's your problem with swearing (in fiction)? It's part of the identity of some characters.
The Star Wars Republic Commando Series
LesterKnight99: is it really that good? read a chapter, too much swearing.
I like it although I had some problems in the first chapter of Neuromancer to understand what was going on. And I don't think that there is to much swearing but on the other hand I'm not so sensitive about this. :)
Mainly old chess magazines and some walkthroughs for Aldorlea games.
I've been growing impatient about knowing what will happen next in the TV series Game Of Thrones, so I decided to tackle the novels. I'm currently halfway through the first book and so far it's great!
Post edited May 21, 2014 by PokerCrow
I just finished "Call for the Dead" from John le Carré.
I have also read "Smiley's People", "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and "A Murder of Quality" by the same author.
Espionage stories, in a very capturing background. I really like them!
Right now I am reading Mistborn for the second time so I can read all the ones in the series right now including the Alloy Of Law wwhich I picked up at Chapters earlier in the week. The best part is I went into Chapters expecting to get the book in paperback for like $9.99 instead found a hardcover that ended up being $4.99. It was eighty percent off so I was pretty thrilled.
Attachments:
deshadow52: Right now I am reading Mistborn for the second time so I can read all the ones in the series right now including the Alloy Of Law wwhich I picked up at Chapters earlier in the week. The best part is I went into Chapters expecting to get the book in paperback for like $9.99 instead found a hardcover that ended up being $4.99. It was eighty percent off so I was pretty thrilled.
Excellent series. The Stormlight Archive series he just started is even better I think.
deshadow52: Right now I am reading Mistborn for the second time so I can read all the ones in the series right now including the Alloy Of Law wwhich I picked up at Chapters earlier in the week. The best part is I went into Chapters expecting to get the book in paperback for like $9.99 instead found a hardcover that ended up being $4.99. It was eighty percent off so I was pretty thrilled.
trentonlf: Excellent series. The Stormlight Archive series he just started is even better I think.
I only heard good things about Stormlight Archive. Is that supposed to be a trilogy or more?
trentonlf: Excellent series. The Stormlight Archive series he just started is even better I think.
deshadow52: I only heard good things about Stormlight Archive. Is that supposed to be a trilogy or more?
Unfortunately I believe it might be a 10 book or so series from what I remember reading about it. Considering there are only 2 books out at the moment might be awhile before it's done, but still worth reading :)
Ian Cameron Esslemont: Blood and Bone
deshadow52: I only heard good things about Stormlight Archive. Is that supposed to be a trilogy or more?
trentonlf: Unfortunately I believe it might be a 10 book or so series from what I remember reading about it. Considering there are only 2 books out at the moment might be awhile before it's done, but still worth reading :)
Ten Books? I know Brandon Sanderson writes so fast he is like novel factory, but ten books? I can't really invest time like that when he is done only twenty percent of the series. I'm already invested into series like A song Of Ice And Fire and The Kingkiller Chronicles and they seem to be taking forever. It's hard for me to invest in a series that isn't finished ever since those two. the sad part is Sanderson is so fast he will probably finish Stormlight archive before George finishes A song Of Ice And Fire and Patrick Finishes The Kingkiller Chronicles.