It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Navagon: Prior: Three Body Problem - Cixin Liu
That's a fantastic one and a different take on the usual sci-fi. I liked the sequels even more.
Navagon: Prior: Three Body Problem - Cixin Liu
ConsulCaesar: That's a fantastic one and a different take on the usual sci-fi. I liked the sequels even more.
It's an amazing read. I didn't know what to expect from the translation work as it's quite the divide to bridge. But it's exceptional in that regard also (English language version).

I also heartily recommend it to anyone.

I haven't read the others yet, so no spoilers! :D
Benvenuto Cellini's Vita, or autobiography, written between 1558 and 1562.
Almost through with "Caliban's War", by James S. A. Corey, and heading to "Abbandon's Gate".
Re-reading Lord of Snow and Shadows by Sarah Ash. She's one of my favorite authors, for reasons too numerous to name.
Post edited May 16, 2022 by oldgamebuff42
BreOl72: Almost through with "Caliban's War", by James S. A. Corey, and heading to "Abbandon's Gate".
How do you like The Expanse series so far? I heard nice things about it.
BreOl72: Almost through with "Caliban's War", by James S. A. Corey, and heading to "Abbandon's Gate".
igorche9: How do you like The Expanse series so far? I heard nice things about it.
I like it.
Just restarted a reread of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Always a good choice when you need a reprieve from the real world.
igorche9: How do you like The Expanse series so far? I heard nice things about it.
BreOl72: I like it.
Hopefully I will find a Serbian translation of these books.
low rated
The Republic by Plato.
A Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut.
low rated
Why I Stand - Jonathan Isaac

Facing public criticism, peer hostility, and widespread disapproval, would you compromise your principles to blend in with the crowd, or would you stand for what you believe?

On July 31, 2020, the Orlando Magic starting forward Jonathan Isaac was the lone NBA player not to kneel for the national anthem amid a league-wide demonstration in support of Black Lives Matter. Standing alone, knowing the scrutiny to come, Jonathan had a peace he at one time never could have imagined possible.
"Cibola Burn", by James S. A. Corey
Sherlock Holmes series - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Quite a read. Next up is The Shining and Doctor Sleep. Again. :)
I'm reading Edgar Cayce. I'm also reading Karl Jung's red book.
Post edited June 11, 2022 by Dr_Adder