It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Long Afterlife of Loss

Hoffman, Eva. “The Long Afterlife of Loss.” Memory: Histories, Theories, Debates, edited by SUSANNAH RADSTONE and BILL SCHWARZ, Fordham University, NEW YORK, 2010, pp. 406–415. https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt1c999bq.31
Post edited December 06, 2018 by Deadmarye
Currently I'm reading Judge Dredd Comics
For a New Liberty: The Libertarian Manifesto by Murray Rothbard. Kind of dry, but lots of food for thought. It's a book that stays with you long after you've put it away.

Before that I read The Shining, I was underwhelmed to say the least. Pointless and bland book.
Post edited December 08, 2018 by user deleted
Beautiful Blood by Lucius Shepard
Attachments:
bb.jpg (71 Kb)
im reading this page
Going to start rereading all the Joe Abercrombie First Law books. In preperation for the new one coming next year...
Taking my own advice,and re-reading the Strugatsky Brothers's Monday begins on Saturday (the 1977 DAW english translation) and then Noon 22nd century (english translation edition).
Post edited December 09, 2018 by morrowslant
Peter Frankopan - The Silk Road, A New History of the World (2016)
Finally finished "The Greatest Show on Earth". Dawkin's tone annoyed me, being simultaneously whiney and pompous, but there was lots of enjoyable new information I didn't know about.

My mother kept pushing me to read this book by Atul Gawande "Being Mortal: Illness, Medicine, and What Matters in the End", but the title, presumed contents and the type of book kept putting me off. She finally gave me a copy, so I've started reading that now. Lets see how it goes :D.
DadJoke007: Before that I read The Shining, I was underwhelmed to say the least. Pointless and bland book.
What did you find pointless and bland about it?
Not saying that you opinion is wrong or anything. Just curious.
Just finished Bandits, by Elmore Leonard.

Going to next start Provenance, by Ann Leckie.
Roth, Philip. The Human Stain. 2000.

A good book.
Article: Der neue Volkssport by Nicolas Riedl
About the new trend of denunciation in Germany.

Edit:
Article: Die Flirt-Diktatur by Roberto J. De Lapuente
About #metoo and it's transformation into a misandrous revenge.
Post edited December 12, 2018 by viperfdl
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck.
File 0 by Yu Jian.