It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Dark Half by Stephen King
Article: Demokratie oder Marktwirtschaft? by Nina Forberger (Rubikons Jugendredaktion)
About public housing in Vienna and Dresden.
Deadmarye: Dune it is then. I wasn't aware of his son continuation (discovering the licence), so that's great, thanks !
Caesar.: Not everybody is fond of his son's books... I haven't read them myself so I can't give an opinion.
Tried the first one when they published it. It did not fail to entertain, but just that. It did not feel like a Frank Herbert's book.

Actually some of the themes of Dune can be found in The Godmakers, The Dragon in the Sea or the WorShip novels (the second of them having inspired Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri to a great extent.

All of those were better reads than the first book by his son and the other cowriter.

By the way, remember the entry on the unofficial Dune Enciclopaedia on the Butlerian Jihad? They took that explanation, instead of it being named after Samuel Butler, the writer of Erewhon. 'Nuff said.

That said, it has its followers, as it is known.
Post edited November 13, 2018 by Carradice
Article: Der Fake-News-Krieg by T.J. Coles
Translation of Fake News and Weaponized Bots: How Algorithms Inflate Profiles, Spread Disinfo and Disrupt Democracy
Book : Le lecteur de cadavre/The Corpse Reader (El Lector Cadáveres) from author Antonio Garrido.
Now reading The Dark Forest by Liu Cixin.
Ciemny Eden by Chris Beckett
Boso, ale w ostrogach by Stanisław Grzesiuk
Attachments:
The Wayward Bus by Steinbeck.
Campos de vida y muerte y otros relatos (生死场 [Shengsichang] by Xiao Hong.
Post edited November 22, 2018 by Sjuan
The Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff.
The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft. All of the stories were written by H.P. Lovecraft, but all of them were compiled by CthulhuChick.com .
Post edited November 24, 2018 by Vingry
jepsen1977: The Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff.
Beatle Bob once stole that book from my bookstore.

What an Asshole!
tinyE: Beatle Bob once stole that book from my bookstore.

What an Asshole!
Oh man, you can steal a man's girlfriend, his car, his money, or his pet but you just don't fuck with a book like Tao of Pooh... you just don't do that!!! That Bob is an a-hole whether he is standing up or sitting down.
tinyE: Beatle Bob once stole that book from my bookstore.

What an Asshole!
jepsen1977: Oh man, you can steal a man's girlfriend, his car, his money, or his pet but you just don't fuck with a book like Tao of Pooh... you just don't do that!!! That Bob is an a-hole whether he is standing up or sitting down.
No it's not that. It goes back to my home town.
Beatle Bob was a quasi celebrity who was basically famous for doing NOTHING! Paris Hilton has a more impressive resume that this twit.

What pisses me off he was so adored by so many people who didn't realize that he spent all day shop lifting. He literally went around St. Louis every day all day, shop to shop, swiping stuff. And what do I hear from people, "Hey there's Bob! He's so cool!"

I have to give him credit, he was a GOOD shoplifter. He'd come into my store and I'd follow is ass around watching him like a hawk and HE STILL managed to walk out with stuff. It was amazing.
Just started Sally's in the Alley by Norbert Davis. It's one of a series of three books from the 1940s about a comedic crimefighting team called Doan and Carstairs. Doan is a PI and an alcoholic slob. Carstairs is the brains of the pair and also happens to be a Great Dane who's larger than a Shetland Pony.