It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DeadFishEye: Someone knows if there is a version of this topic for movies that we watched?
tinyE: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/ive_just_watched_name_of_the_movie
Thank you!

Edit: weird, your avatar changed im my quote.
Post edited November 18, 2017 by DeadFishEye
After reading War and Peace, Chekhov, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame, I'm ready for something more modern. I will start either The Goldfinch or something by Pynchon soon.

Also, I've been slowly working my way through A Distant Mirror by Barbara Tuchman, which is a fascinating history of the 14th century.
I had a long flight ahead of me so I bought The Handmaid's Tale at the airport. I know the story from the TV show, but the book is fabulously written.
drmike: I am actually reading the old D&D Gazetteers:

https://rpggeek.com/rpgseries/410/gaz-gazetteer
I;m still whacking away at these. Made it up to #10, The Orcs of Thar.
How Jesus Became God By Bart D. Erhman. It's actually a quite fascinating read, and while I believe in a higher power, it's pretty astounding to see how much of Jesus' story was borrowed from other people that came before him, as well as people who lived at the same time. It's kind of weird for me, because I was baptized Catholic as a child, but I've always had a broader view on religion than just the church's.

https://smile.amazon.com/How-Jesus-Became-God-Exaltation-ebook/dp/B00DB39V2Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511352722&sr=8-1&keywords=how+jesus+became+god
Still very, very slowly working my way through Baxter's Mammoth trilogy. Only got around 80 pages of Longtusk left then it's on to Ice Bones. Gonna start Leviathan next prolly, aka the book that The Expanse is based on.
Tonight, I finished "The Broken Earth" trilogy by N.K. Jemisin. I recommend it! The world she builds is really interesting. The conclusion is nicely wrapped up, and pretty much the only question left unanswered is "what happens next". I'd be really interested in a movie adaptation, just to see how they pull off some of the required visuals.
The Futurological Congress by Stanislaw Lem - still fresh and fascinating.
I'm reading "Joyland" by Stephen King and enjoying it very much.
Also "The Untethered Soul" by Michael A. Singer; only read 30 pages but so far I can only disagree with everything. Hopefully that'll change.
ciemnogrodzianin: The Futurological Congress by Stanislaw Lem - still fresh and fascinating.
I had to Google that, which is really embarrassing because it looks like a book I should have memorized. Anyway, it sounds like a political version of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas". :P
Post edited December 03, 2017 by tinyE
Satellite by Nick Lake. Amazing book. Brings the whole space travel and living ordeals to a new light, or it does so at least to me.
Post edited December 03, 2017 by HijacK
"Hell Bent" by Gregg Hurwitz (the third Orphan X novel, comes out next month).

springtoiffel: I'm reading "Joyland" by Stephen King and enjoying it very much.
Also "The Untethered Soul" by Michael A. Singer; only read 30 pages but so far I can only disagree with everything. Hopefully that'll change.
I kinda enjoyed Joyland, though by the time it ended I wish it had been a bit more. But then again I tend to feel that way about all his books - I should clarify, more story, not necessarily more pages. "Sleeping Beauties" was a thin story with way too much padding.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by DieRuhe
Finished The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman last night and have moved on to book three, The Amber Spyglass.
Gynaecologists by Jürgen Thorwald
Fascinating, as always.
I just finished

The Rage of Dragons https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074MLD2Z6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Iw0kAbSSEQYMZ

And it was freaking amazing. It reminded me of when I started the Red Rising Trilogy. I highly recommend it m